Create Account

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
Should 'King of Beers' dump NFL? (Anthem Protest)

Should 'King of Beers' dump NFL?

In the wake of the massive public controversy over NFL players refusing to stand for the national anthem, the “King of Beers” is thinking about ending its sponsorship with the football league, and now Anheuser-Busch wants to know what you think about the idea.

http://www.wnd.com/2017/10/should-king-o...mv9Tt0S.99
You know trouble is right around the corner when your best friend tells you to hold his beer!!

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

They can do whatever they choose to do in their best interest.

There are 10 kinds of people in this world.  Those who understand binary and those who don't.

And people acted like players disrespecting their country would just blow over.

Only the beginning...

I’ll drink beer and watch the NFL no matter what happens here.

Too funny haha

[Image: ezgif-5-b2a80726c8.gif]

Why not. They are a foreign company anyway.

If the disrespect continues, it would be in the best interest of any company to suspend support to the entity.

Deal runs through 2022, call me crazy but I doubt they'll renege on the deal leaving 5 years on the table. Hotline number is probably to is to appease the weirdos so they think their "voice" matters.

Urine in a styrofoam cup tastes better than Budweiser. They're more than welcome to clear out and make way for a better brew.

the Commissioner standing up and enforcing the rule about the standing during the National Anthem would be much better...Ok so it's not actually in the rule book, but it is in the operations manual... "Here's what the game operations manual says regarding the national anthem, according to an NFL spokesperson:
"The National Anthem must be played prior to every NFL game, and all players must be on the sideline for the National Anthem.
During the National Anthem, players on the field and bench area should stand at attention, face the flag, hold helmets in their left hand, and refrain from talking. The home team should ensure that the American flag is in good condition. It should be pointed out to players and coaches that we continue to be judged by the public in this area of respect for the flag and our country. Failure to be on the field by the start of the National Anthem may result in discipline, such as fines, suspensions, and/or the forfeiture of draft choice(s) for violations of the above, including first offenses.
It's important to note the use of the word "may" here. The NFL is not considering punishing fines on players or teams who choose to kneel or stay in the locker room during the national anthem, the spokesperson says." http://time.com/4955704/nfl-league-ruleb...them-rule/

The King of Beers should stop making beer.

(10-03-2017, 01:22 PM)TJBender Wrote: Urine in a styrofoam cup tastes better than Budweiser. They're more than welcome to clear out and make way for a better brew.

How would you know that?

[Image: ezgif-5-b2a80726c8.gif]

(10-03-2017, 04:25 PM)WingerDinger Wrote:
(10-03-2017, 01:22 PM)TJBender Wrote: Urine in a styrofoam cup tastes better than Budweiser. They're more than welcome to clear out and make way for a better brew.

How would you know that?

Band Camp.

Lol .... didn't even know they had NFL logos on their cans.

Aren't they now a Belgium company anyway?

(10-03-2017, 06:16 PM)HURRICANE!!! Wrote: Lol .... didn't even know they had NFL logos on their cans.

I am calling BS on this response.  Bud Lite has been doing NFL themed cans for years.  You can't walk through a beer isle without seeing them and certainly cannot watch an NFL game without seeing the advertisements even if you are a casual observer.  15 yards and you can't post until Sunday's game!  1st down!
Original Season Ticket Holder - Retired  1995 - 2020

At some point you just have to let go of what you thought should happen and live in what is happening.

(10-03-2017, 04:25 PM)WingerDinger Wrote:

How would you know that?

I swallowed some pool water once.

(10-02-2017, 10:17 PM)jagibelieve Wrote: They can do whatever they choose to do in their best interest.

I agree.  They should make a business decision.

(10-03-2017, 07:11 PM)copycat Wrote:
(10-03-2017, 06:16 PM)HURRICANE!!! Wrote: Lol .... didn't even know they had NFL logos on their cans.

I am calling BS on this response.  Bud Lite has been doing NFL themed cans for years.  You can't walk through a beer isle without seeing them and certainly cannot watch an NFL game without seeing the advertisements even if you are a casual observer.  15 yards and you can't post until Sunday's game!  1st down!

Budweiser is like Tampax (tampons) to me.  I see their commercials and walk past their product in the grocery stores but I really don't pay attention since I never purchase either product.

I think the true political issue here is should the 'King of Beers' be known as the 'King of Beers'..
[Image: 5S5POfa.jpg]

80% of what I talk about is nonesense.. the other 25% is made up statistics...

(10-06-2017, 05:22 PM)DarloJAG84 Wrote: I think the true political issue here is should the 'King of Beers' be known as the 'King of Beers'..

This.

Yes, but only because Budweiser is a terrible beer. The NFL deserves better.