Create Account

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
How America Has Silently Accepted the Rage of White Men

(10-04-2017, 07:17 PM)hb1148 Wrote: I'm a white guy and middle-aged to boot.  I'm only enraged when someone tries to pass on the right.  Am I missing the boat?

Yes. There's no excuse for driving slowly in the left lane.

"Why should I give information to you when all you want to do is find something wrong with it?"

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

(10-04-2017, 07:17 PM)hb1148 Wrote: I'm a white guy and middle-aged to boot.  I'm only enraged when someone tries to pass on the right.  Am I missing the boat?

Quit flaunting your white privilege.
Original Season Ticket Holder - Retired  1995 - 2020

At some point you just have to let go of what you thought should happen and live in what is happening.

Get out the way Grandpa!

Or when they don't use a turn signal. That enrages me. It's the main reason I won't get my conceal and carry permit. I don't trust myself around terrible drivers.  Wink

(10-04-2017, 12:20 PM)JagNGeorgia Wrote:
(10-04-2017, 10:46 AM)rollerjag Wrote: Did you read past the headline?

Did you?

I saw the Muslim girl and gay partygoers as the lone pictures despite the motivation behind the article being about a mass shooting at a majority-white concert. 

Then I saw the 440k deaths-by-guns number, but they didn't tell you that 2/3 of that is suicide.

Then I saw that they said the "white man's problem" and proceeded to quote someone who only mentioned the number of white male shooters (out of 62 cases). What they didn't tell you was that 18 were non-white.

... but maybe you saw read something else?

And the "lens of white privilage [sic]", whatever the hell that means?

This was an opinion piece, where's the rest of these "mainstream liberals"?

The keyword you're passing over here is "mass".
If something can corrupt you, you're corrupted already.
- Bob Marley

[Image: kiWL4mF.jpg]

Get out the way Grandpa! Laughing
[Image: Jason-The-Good-Place-Jaguars.png?w=472]

(This post was last modified: 10-05-2017, 07:38 AM by The Real Marty.)

I think a better article would have been,

"How America Has Quietly Embraced Identity Based Politics."

Because in my opinion, the rise of the so-called "angry white man" is a logical and inevitable outgrowth of all the promotions of other groups by the Democratic Party.

And that's why I said, everyone else is "outraged", why shouldn't white men be outraged, too? We've given them permission to identify themselves as an oppressed subgroup by identifying everyone else as an oppressed subgroup. When we intentionally tilt the playing field to help formerly oppressed people achieve whatever, how can you blame someone for trying to tilt it back the other way? We've made tilting the playing field acceptable.

(10-05-2017, 07:27 AM)The Real Marty Wrote: I think a better article would have been,

"How America Has Quietly Rejected the Ideal of a Color Blind Society and Embraced Identity Based Politics."

Or... An even better yet article would have been,

"Everyone has problems so quit whining"..

[Image: ezgif-5-b2a80726c8.gif]

(10-05-2017, 07:35 AM)WingerDinger Wrote:
(10-05-2017, 07:27 AM)The Real Marty Wrote: I think a better article would have been,

"How America Has Quietly Rejected the Ideal of a Color Blind Society and Embraced Identity Based Politics."

"Everyone has problems, but they're all your fault whitey, so quit whining"..

Ahem...
“An empty vessel makes the loudest sound, so they that have the least wit are the greatest babblers.”. - Plato

(10-05-2017, 10:33 AM)flsprtsgod Wrote:
(10-05-2017, 07:35 AM)WingerDinger Wrote: Or... An even better yet article would have been,

"Everyone has problems, but they're all your fault whitey, so quit whining"..

Ahem...

Another +1

[Image: ezgif-5-b2a80726c8.gif]

(10-05-2017, 07:35 AM)WingerDinger Wrote:

Or even more factual, how everyone is embracing victimhood.

(10-04-2017, 07:03 AM)jj82284 Wrote: http://www.cnn.com/2017/10/03/opinions/m...index.html

That's the headline of an inflammatory article on CNN.  It's amazing how many "Mainstream" liberals and liberal organizations are trying to paint the Las Vegas shooting through the lens of "White Privilage!"

If it comes out this guy was influenced by Antifa or some organization like ISIS, or it turns out he's just another white male liberal who went on a shooting spree, we'll never know it if CNN is relied upon to report that information.
Never argue with idiots. They drag you down to their level and beat you with experience.
[Image: attachment.php?aid=59]

If they're passing you on the right, you're in the wrong lane.  Move over until they don't.  If they're passing you on the shoulder, you're in South Florida and it's the only lane that isn't occupied by people driving 10 under the speed limit!
Never argue with idiots. They drag you down to their level and beat you with experience.
[Image: attachment.php?aid=59]

(This post was last modified: 10-05-2017, 01:12 PM by JagAU09.)

(10-05-2017, 10:59 AM)jseymour Wrote:
(10-05-2017, 07:35 AM)WingerDinger Wrote: Or... An even better yet article would have been,

Or even more factual, how everyone is embracing victimhood.

With the new Cam Newton comments, you have two sides fighting over which are more victimized, women or African Americans.

The problem is the lack of accountability with one's own actions leading to their results. Everything negative has to always be someone else's fault.

(10-05-2017, 01:08 PM)JagAU09 Wrote:
(10-05-2017, 10:59 AM)jseymour Wrote: Or even more factual, how everyone is embracing victimhood.

With the new Cam Newton comments, you have two sides fighting over which are more victimized, women or African Americans.

The problem is the lack of accountability with one's own actions leading to their results. Everything negative has to always be someone else's fault.

Neither have it nearly as bad as Native Americans. The only complaints I take seriously is from Native Americans, because they have a right to say stuff. Everyone else has it good in comparison.

(10-05-2017, 01:08 PM)JagAU09 Wrote:
(10-05-2017, 10:59 AM)jseymour Wrote: Or even more factual, how everyone is embracing victimhood.

Dude is an idiot. Wow. He obviously hasn't learned his lesson from previous foot-in-mouth incidents.

(10-05-2017, 07:14 PM)americus 2.0 Wrote:
(10-05-2017, 01:08 PM)JagAU09 Wrote: With the new Cam Newton comments, you have two sides fighting over which are more victimized, women or African Americans.

Dude is an idiot. Wow. He obviously hasn't learned his lesson from previous foot-in-mouth incidents.

Agreed. What's so funny is that if Michael Phelps held a press conference and a black reporter asked him about swimming and Phelps were to do the same thing Cam did, well......Newton would probably be one of the first people complaining. I know people are very thin skinned nowadays and everything is overly P.C., but people in the public eye need to use a little common sense and think before they speak. If they did this, they would save themselves a lot of headaches and money apparently. (Cam just lost his sponsorship deal with Dannon, because of his remarks.)

(10-05-2017, 12:05 PM)FBT Wrote:

If they're passing you on the right, you're in the wrong lane.  Move over until they don't.  If they're passing you on the shoulder, you're in South Florida and it's the only lane that isn't occupied by people driving 10 under the speed limit!

You mean the patsy that in no way did this? Do you understand what it takes to squeeze off that many rounds? I would like to see a 64 out of shape man do it with little to no training. How did he get a belt gun up to the 32nd floor? Not like you can break it down small. What is the count now? 42 21 33? It keeps changing. Why was shots fired at another hotel at the same time and unconfirmed reports of bodies there transported to where the others ones are? Why are there now 2 reports that i know of where someone was shot facing away from Mandalay Bay? Why did they leave the lights on during the shooting then turn them off after? Why did the cops take over an hr to go to the room?

(10-06-2017, 02:16 PM)uthill Wrote: Why did the cops take over an hr to go to the room?

They were at the room in about 11-12 minutes. There was no other way out. 

It took an hour to get into the room because the shooting had stopped. You don't just kick open the door to an active-shooter. That's how you get killed.

(10-06-2017, 03:41 PM)JagNGeorgia Wrote:
(10-06-2017, 02:16 PM)uthill Wrote: Why did the cops take over an hr to go to the room?

They were at the room in about 11-12 minutes. There was no other way out. 

It took an hour to get into the room because the shooting had stopped. You don't just kick open the door to an active-shooter. That's how you get killed.

That makes zero sense.