Create Account

Board Performance Issues We are aware of performance issues on the board and are working to resolve them! The board may be intermittently unavailable during this time. (May 07) x

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
How America Has Silently Accepted the Rage of White Men

(This post was last modified: 10-07-2017, 01:37 PM by JagNGeorgia.)

(10-07-2017, 11:19 AM)MalabarJag Wrote:
(10-06-2017, 11:16 PM)JagNGeorgia Wrote: jagibelieve accurately explained the typical response to an active shooter scenario. If the shooting continued, then they likely would have entered the room. 

From what I saw, the rooms were connected but the doors were located next to each other. I don't know for sure but it looked that way on a layout of the hotel room.

That makes sense, but if the shooting restarted another ten people could be dead before the door was breached. It's a guess, and the police on the scene guessed in favor of their own safety. I don't blame them for that, but it could have easily been the wrong decision for a lot of other people. And if the cops were outside the door in 11-12 minutes it shouldn't have take another 65 minutes to assemble a team capable of storming the room.

Do you have a link to a layout of the hotel room? I'd like to see anything you have with respect to the crime scene.

You’re right. It could have easily changed l, but the standard rule is that they wait unless the shooting continues. If there were explosives on the door, then they would die and the shooting continues. The emergency response team (the first group) is ready to go but they’re not trained for the situation like their TAC team. Besides, I’m not even sure the first group had the means to force open the door. Those hotel doors are heavy. 

http://www.news.com.au/world/north-ameri...0d01737d1d

From the look of it, they could watch both doors at the same time.

Messages In This Thread
RE: How America Has Silently Accepted the Rage of White Men - by JagNGeorgia - 10-07-2017, 01:35 PM