Create Account

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
Texans have #1 scoreing offense.

(This post was last modified: 10-04-2017, 09:56 AM by snowwolf776.)

Since Watson has become the starting qb texans have the #1 overall scoreing offensse. Jags should'nve traded  thier 2coned round pick to get another first round pick. Watson is a winner. 

I gurantee he has texans in Super Bowl before  jags make the playoffs. Jags missed out again on another winning qb. if jags had gotton watson also with fornate this team would have double threats. teams could'nt stop jags by stacking the box. watson can throw,and run.

snowwolf titans owner in madden.

note titans owner means im undeafted againest them. 

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

The Jags had the number 1 scoring offense in London on week 3. Bortles is GOAT

Breaking the franchise record for most points scored in one game does not make Houston the NFL's best offense. The Texans have to score a lot of points regularly to prove they are better on that side of the ball than 31 other teams.

Watson is what he is. Plenty of mobile rookies have had big games. I still don't believe he's their answer.

(This post was last modified: 10-04-2017, 12:23 PM by Jagsfan32277.)

(10-04-2017, 09:31 AM)snowwolf776 Wrote: Since Watson has become the starting qb texans have the #1 overall scoreing offensse. Jags should'nve traded  thier 2coned round pick to get another first round pick. Watson is a winner. 

I gurantee he has texans in Super Bowl before  jags make the playoffs. Jags missed out again on another winning qb. if jags had gotton watson also with fornate this team would have double threats. teams could'nt stop jags by stacking the box. watson can throw,and run.

Actually, the Jags should have tried to trade down for the Michael Jordan of qb's  and not draft a rb that only avg 3.5 ypc.  Then draft Dalvin Cook or Kareem Hunt in the 2nd or 3rd.

(10-04-2017, 12:23 PM)Jagsfan32277 Wrote: Actually, the Jags should have tried to trade down for the Michael Jordan of QBs  and not draft a RB that only avg 3.5 YPC. Then draft Dalvin Cook or Kareem Hunt in the 2nd or 3rd.

I read no such thing. All mocks showed Leonard Fournette going in the top five. Close to the draft, there was a near consensus he would be our pick at #4. The 3.5 YPC thing is very misleading for a guy who splits carries with two other RBs and does not play with an elite offensive line.

Now all the Dalvinf Cook chatter is on hold because he is done for the season.

Hunt will be best RB from this class, his game translates better to the NFL. Fournette doesn't have enough wiggle IMO to be more than a Slightly better Eddie George.

(10-04-2017, 02:38 PM)jradMITEX Wrote: Hunt will be best RB from this class, his game translates better to the NFL.  Fournette doesn't have enough wiggle IMO to be more than a Slightly better Eddie George.

Eddie Geroge was good RB, you know. I don't remember him ever having a bad season with the Titans franchise.

(This post was last modified: 10-04-2017, 03:48 PM by jradMITEX.)

(10-04-2017, 02:45 PM)JaguarsWoman Wrote:
(10-04-2017, 02:38 PM)jradMITEX Wrote: Hunt will be best RB from this class, his game translates better to the NFL.  Fournette doesn't have enough wiggle IMO to be more than a Slightly better Eddie George.

Eddie Geroge was good RB, you know. I don't remember him ever having a bad season with the Titans franchise.

No doubt, he will be a productive player but I don't they were looking for productive when they drafted him, they were looking for a game changer, and in the NFL you have to make guys miss especially if you want explosive plays. I just don't think that is a strength of his game.

(10-04-2017, 03:47 PM)jradMITEX Wrote: No doubt, he will be a productive player but I don't they were looking for productive when they drafted him, they were looking for a game changer, and in the NFL you have to make guys miss especially if you want explosive plays. I just don't think that is a strength of his game.

We were looking for a scheme changers. Get a guy who will excel in a run-first offense so Blake Bortles won't have to win games by himself.

Watson is 1000 times better then any qb jags have on roaster right now. Texans will mke super bowl before jags make playoffs. they will probbley make super bowl before jags even have a winning record.

snowwolf titans owner in madden.

note titans owner means im undeafted againest them. 

(10-04-2017, 03:50 PM)JaguarsWoman Wrote:
(10-04-2017, 03:47 PM)jradMITEX Wrote: No doubt, he will be a productive player but I don't they were looking for productive when they drafted him, they were looking for a game changer, and in the NFL you have to make guys miss especially if you want explosive plays. I just don't think that is a strength of his game.

We were looking for a scheme changers. Get a guy who will excel in a run-first offense so Blake Bortles won't have to win games by himself.

Boring running offense and game mgr qb dont win super bowls in this era of nfl football. Maybe in the 60's 70's, 80's and the analomy ravens led by trent dilfer.

(10-04-2017, 08:04 PM)Jagsfan32277 Wrote: Boring running offense and game mgr QBs don't win Super Bowls in this era of NFL football. Maybe in the 60s 70s, 80s and the anomaly Ravens led by Trent Dilfer.

The 2000 Ravens actually did not have a great RB, just a great defense. Same goes for the 2015 Broncos. They are two examples of why people say "Defense wins championships." I am not thinking about the Super Bowl for any team after only four weeks. So far our offense has not been "boring" because we have a RB committee for now and vast improvements on the OL with only one new starter.

(10-04-2017, 06:07 PM)snowwolf776 Wrote: Watson is 1000 times better then any qb jags have on roaster right now. Texans will mke super bowl before jags make playoffs. they will probbley make super bowl before jags even have  a winning record.

As a Texans fan I appreciate your thoughts about Watson, however it is MUCH too early to predict anything like that. He has a skillset that a Houston QB has never had and it is early in the season. Lets give the league a chance to study film and game plan against his skill set before crowning him. I'm very excited about the prospect of him being the future of Houston football, but time will tell the truth.

(10-04-2017, 08:45 PM)JaguarsWoman Wrote:
(10-04-2017, 08:04 PM)Jagsfan32277 Wrote: Boring running offense and game mgr QBs don't win Super Bowls in this era of NFL football. Maybe in the 60s 70s, 80s and the anomaly Ravens led by Trent Dilfer.

The 2000 Ravens actually did not have a great RB, just a great defense. Same goes for the 2015 Broncos. They are two examples of why people say "Defense wins championships." I am not thinking about the Super Bowl for any team after only four weeks. So far our offense has not been "boring" because we have a RB committee for now and vast improvements on the OL with only one new starter.

Not true.. They had the 5th best rushing offense in the league to go along with that all time great defense. That was Jamal Lewis' rookie season where he ran for over 1,300+ yards..Lewis would go on to run for over 10,000 yards in his career, including a 2,000 yard season. I would say that they did actually have a great RB. Lewis carried that entire offense..Dilfer didn't exactly strike fear in opposing defenses.

(This post was last modified: 10-05-2017, 10:28 AM by SeldomRite.)

It's really interesting watching the breakdown of the texans/titans game.

Watson is showing terrible ball placement in most of his big throws in the game but the titans were so terribly prepared on defense that it all worked.

This article breaks a lot of it down https://www.musiccitymiracles.com/2017/1...arrassment

The second play of the game is a great example of what I mean. A guy is running wide open to the end zone and Watson puts the ball short and behind him, so the receiver makes a very tough catch and is tackled short of the end zone instead of it being a touchdown in the end zone. Same for several other passes that I could easily see the Jaguars receivers this year failing to make, but which the titans defended so poorly that not only were the catches made, but the plays went for huge yardage.

It's going to be interesting to see if the Jaguars do their film study and come into the next Texans game ready to stop what the titans didn't.

(This post was last modified: 10-06-2017, 07:27 AM by TurndownforWatt.)

(10-05-2017, 10:27 AM)SeldomRite Wrote: It's really interesting watching the breakdown of the texans/titans game.

Watson is showing terrible ball placement in most of his big throws in the game but the titans were so terribly prepared on defense that it all worked.

This article breaks a lot of it down https://www.musiccitymiracles.com/2017/1...arrassment

The second play of the game is a great example of what I mean. A guy is running wide open to the end zone and Watson puts the ball short and behind him, so the receiver makes a very tough catch and is tackled short of the end zone instead of it being a touchdown in the end zone. Same for several other passes that I could easily see the Jaguars receivers this year failing to make, but which the titans defended so poorly that not only were the catches made, but the plays went for huge yardage.

It's going to be interesting to see if the Jaguars do their film study and come into the next Texans game ready to stop what the titans didn't.

??? Really.. you're going to bring up ball placement?..after watching that game?!? Give me a damn break...hate much or are you just hoping that's a big issue. His ball placement was fine in that game. The guy only completed 73.5% of his passes in that game. Also that pass was NOT underthrown...he had to fire it 40 yards down the field into a window between two defensive backs while being flushed up in the pocket and not being able to set his feet..if he tried to lob it over the top the damn safety would've had time to recover on the play.  I notice how you quoted a Tennessee article who has a bias..

Let's see another 3rd party POV/breakdown of his throws.

https://youtu.be/Icrv_uKOHdo

The only real inaccurate throw that he had in that game was a missed overthrow TD to Will Fuller, but this was Fuller's FIRST game back and they're still working on their timing. Fuller only was out the first 3 weeks of the season and preseason with a broken collarbone..it's going to take time to prefect the timing..despite that Watson STILL hit him up for 2 TDs in his first game back on two beautiful throws.

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=UCvmBECdGf...ure=onebox  Will Fuller TDs (2:23 and 5:03 marks) that 5:03 TD pass..you can't throw it more accurate than that.

But "his ball placement was terrible in the game"..LOL get out of here with that haterade crap. No QB throws a perfect pass on every throw...NO QB, not even Tom Brady is going to be perfect  (who threw what should've been a game ending INT against Houston).. Watson was consistently accurate as hell in that game and had great ball placement. You obviously didn't watch the game or just don't want to admit that he played extremely well, let's also not forget that he's constantly operating from a dirty pocket (remember "Sacksonville") yet he still has great poise despite being a rookie, even y'all can't deny that.

(This post was last modified: 10-08-2017, 10:14 AM by TurndownforWatt.)

https://youtu.be/8ZJ5BDAsHy8

"Terrible ball placement all game long" lmfao

Watch us beat the Chiefs tonight..the kid is a ****ing gamer and he gives us a chance to win every game that we play in.

Maybe someone has a different definition of "terrible ball placement."

(10-04-2017, 02:20 PM)JaguarsWoman Wrote:
(10-04-2017, 12:23 PM)Jagsfan32277 Wrote: Actually, the Jags should have tried to trade down for the Michael Jordan of QBs  and not draft a RB that only avg 3.5 YPC. Then draft Dalvin Cook or Kareem Hunt in the 2nd or 3rd.

I read no such thing. All mocks showed Leonard Fournette going in the top five. Close to the draft, there was a near consensus he would be our pick at #4. The 3.5 YPC thing is very misleading for a guy who splits carries with two other RBs and does not play with an elite offensive line.

Now all the Dalvinf Cook chatter is on hold because he is done for the season.

Apparently you have no clue in about every post made. When do you think you'll hit a hundred?
Your beliefs become your thoughts,
Your thoughts become your words,
Your words become your actions,
Your actions become your habits,
Your habits become your values,
Your values become your destiny.