Create Account

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
AFC South Week 5

(This post was last modified: 10-05-2017, 10:57 AM by JaguarsWoman.)

Bullseye apparently is not doing it this week (he never forgets), so I will pick up the slack.

Jaguars at Steelers The so-called Killer Bees - Ben, Brown, and Bell - are scary for any defense, especially with the very good offensive line. This could be the hardest game on our schedule. I am optimistic about keeping the game close because of our pass defense, but don't see us stopping #26 very often. STEELERS

Titans at Dolphins This is an easy one. Adam Gase called his offense "garbage" after their only score was a garbage time TD. They proceeded to be shut out again the next week - definitely not a good sign that they can outscore a hobbling or backup QB on the other sideline. TITANS

Chiefs at Texans Playing at home will not help a team hosting the best team in the best division. Kansas City is more complete on defense. Houston can't score 50+ points again. It could be close, but Alex Smith > Deshaun Watson any week of the year. CHIEFS

49ers at Colts Peyton Manning Day. The Colts should be inspired by the retirement of #18 twp days after his statue is erected. Of course, that does not necessarily help a team win without its starting QB, but the 49ers have a zero in the win column because they suck at many positions. COLTS

What are your picks?

Last week:  1-2
Overall: 7-6

I hope I have a losing record again this week.

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

2-1 last week. 8-5 overall.

I can't believe I am saying this, but I agree with JDub down the line.

Steelers over Jaguars
Titans over Dolphins
Chiefs over Texans
Colts over 49ers
"We believe in victory!"   - Gus Bradley
"I don't want to believe.  I want to know."   - Carl Sagan

(This post was last modified: 10-05-2017, 04:11 AM by jradMITEX.)

Texans
Dolphins (if Cassell starts)
Steelers
Colts

(This post was last modified: 10-05-2017, 01:09 PM by Bullseye.)

For the record, I didn't forget.  Just did not have time to do it until now.

My picks
Steelers over Jaguars
Texans over Chiefs
Tacks over Dolphins
Colts over 49ers

I hope I am wrong on all of these picks.

Last week:  1-2

Overall:  5-8

Worst to 1st.  Curse Reversed!

1-2 Last Week
7-6 overall

Steelers
Chiefs
titans
49ers

Jaguars
Chiefs
Titans
Colts

8-5 so far

Squeelers
Chiefs
clots
tacks

Last week 1-2
Overall 4-9

Steelers over Jaguars
Chiefs over Texans
Titans over Dolphins
Colts over 49ers

10-3 overall
We learned in the Sunday School who made the sun shine through.  I know who made the moonshine too, back where I come from.

(This post was last modified: 10-05-2017, 10:59 AM by SeldomRite.)

Since going with what I think will happen hadn't worked much I'll go against that this week.

Jaguars, phins, texans, 49ers.

Jaguars in the road against a contender should spell loss, so I'll take the Jags to win.

The titans on the road with a backup QB should be disaster, but the dolphins also have sucked. If normally take the titans just because if the rest of their team, so I'll go dolphins now.

The chiefs have been whooping [BLEEP] and I can't see them failing in coverage in the way the titans did to let the aimless Watson look so good, so I'll take the texans in an upset.

I think the 49ers are terrible and they're on the road so I'd normally pick them to lose. I'll take them to win.

1-3 last week.

That is a terrible idea Seldom. It will make your record inaccurate from now on.

(10-05-2017, 11:25 AM)JaguarsWoman Wrote: That is a terrible idea Seldom. It will make your record inaccurate from now on.

It's not like I can't change my criteria whenever I feel like it. I could just make the most homerish picks instead. Who cares, it's about having some fun.

(10-05-2017, 11:54 AM)SeldomRite Wrote:
(10-05-2017, 11:25 AM)JaguarsWoman Wrote: That is a terrible idea Seldom. It will make your record inaccurate from now on.

It's not like I can't change my criteria whenever I feel like it. I could just make the most homerish picks instead. Who cares, it's about having some fun.

I like the approach.

So far only one person expects the 49ers to win, but more people are optimistic about the Texans losing.

(10-05-2017, 11:57 AM)Kane Wrote:
(10-05-2017, 11:54 AM)SeldomRite Wrote: It's not like I can't change my criteria whenever I feel like it. I could just make the most homerish picks instead. Who cares, it's about having some fun.

I like the approach.

It sounds better than the approach I've been using thus far.  It certainly can't get any worse.

Worst to 1st.  Curse Reversed!

5-2 overall. this week ill go with.

Jags-they can beat the good teams,and steelers are a good team.

Chiefs

colts

tittians

snowwolf titans owner in madden.

note titans owner means im undeafted againest them. 

Steelers over Jags - I was tempted to go with the every other game win pattern for the home team but I just see too many weaknesses that the Steelers will be able to exploit.

Chiefs over tinhorns - I think the Chiefs are just too much offensively and that tinhorn D is inconsistent. While Watson had a good game last week, I don't think he has IT just yet.

tacks over Dolphins - Dolphins offense may be worse than ours. With or without Mariotta, this is not a competitive game.

clots over 49ers - Battle of who sucks more and clearly that is the 49ers this year. I think the Browns could beat the 49ers.

1-2 last week
7-6 overall
[Image: Ben-Roethlisberger_Lerentee-McCary-Sack_...ayoffs.jpg]

(10-05-2017, 06:45 PM)B2hibry Wrote: Steelers over Jags - I was tempted to go with the every other game win pattern for the home team but I just see too many weaknesses that the Steelers will be able to exploit.

Chiefs over tinhorns - I think the Chiefs are just too much offensively and that tinhorn D is inconsistent. While Watson had a good game last week, I don't think he has IT just yet.

tacks over Dolphins - Dolphins offense may be worse than ours. With or without Mariotta, this is not a competitive game.

clots over 49ers - Battle of who sucks more and clearly that is the 49ers this year. I think the Browns could beat the 49ers.

1-2 last week
7-6 overall

The Browns beat the Colts LOL. T hat tells me Indy is really bad. But you know how California teams are in the Central Time Zone.

(10-05-2017, 06:53 PM)JaguarsWoman Wrote: The Browns beat the Colts LOL.

She means in 2011, for those of you that don't ride her wave.

(10-05-2017, 07:26 PM)KodiakJag Wrote:
(10-05-2017, 06:53 PM)JaguarsWoman Wrote: The Browns beat the Colts LOL.

She means in 2011, for those of you that don't ride her wave.

That does not make sense. We are talking about 2017.

(10-05-2017, 07:36 PM)JaguarsWoman Wrote:
(10-05-2017, 07:26 PM)KodiakJag Wrote: She means in 2011, for those of you that don't ride her wave.

That does not make sense. We are talking about 2017.

What's the current record for the Browns, JDub?