Create Account

Board Performance Issues We are aware of performance issues on the board and are working to resolve them! The board may be intermittently unavailable during this time. (May 07) x

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
Remaining 2017 schedule

(10-25-2017, 10:39 AM)JaguarsWoman Wrote:
(10-25-2017, 10:35 AM)NYC4jags Wrote: I see five more wins.

(I can't believe I just typed that.)

Which five games do you think we will win?

niners
colts
cardinals
browns 

and then one more from the following list:  tinhorns/bungles/bolts

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

I can see 7 wins here if David Johnson is still out in Week 12.

We should beat the Colts and either Texans or Titans. I am not changing my Cardinals pick yet because run defense is our problem.

(This post was last modified: 10-25-2017, 11:52 AM by Bullseye.)

(I can't believe I just typed that)

Ninja

Definite wins or possible wins?

NVM.

If we take these next two, I don't see us losing to Cleveland, Arizona or Indy. 

That puts us at 9 wins there with four games left.

Worst to 1st.  Curse Reversed!

I see no way we can beat the Chargers. Philip Rivers could suffer a catastrophic injury and they would still kill us.

(10-25-2017, 11:57 AM)JaguarsWoman Wrote: I see no way we can beat the Chargers. Philip Rivers could suffer a catastrophic injury and they would still kill us.

Why

(10-25-2017, 12:01 PM)Kane Wrote:
(10-25-2017, 11:57 AM)JaguarsWoman Wrote: I see no way we can beat the Chargers. Philip Rivers could suffer a catastrophic injury and they would still kill us.

Why?

Remember this name: Melvin.

(This post was last modified: 10-25-2017, 12:09 PM by Cleatwood.)

If Rivers goes down, the Jags would shut out the Chargers. That's how much he means to that offense.

(10-25-2017, 12:08 PM)JaguarsWoman Wrote:
(10-25-2017, 12:01 PM)Kane Wrote: Why?

Which one? They have 2.....

(10-25-2017, 12:08 PM)Frailbones Wrote:
If Rivers goes down, the Jags would shut out the Chargers. That's how much he means to that offense.

Wouldn't Cardale Jones just feed Melvin Gordon all day?

(10-25-2017, 12:08 PM)JaguarsWoman Wrote:
(10-25-2017, 12:01 PM)Kane Wrote: Why?

That's all fine and dandy... but if Rivers isn't there... we would just sell out to stop Melvin. Not sure who is even backing up Rivers these days but Gordon alone wouldn't be able to beat us.

(10-25-2017, 12:09 PM)JaguarsWoman Wrote:
(10-25-2017, 12:08 PM)Frailbones Wrote: If Rivers goes down, the Jags would shut out the Chargers. That's how much he means to that offense.

Wouldn't Cardale Jones just feed Melvin Gordon all day?
"Won't Brisett just hand it off the Gore and Mack all day?"

When a team becomes 1 dimensional, defenses can play to their weakness. If Rivers goes down, no one becomes scared of their passing game and they focus on stopping the run. Just like the Jags did Sunday.

(10-25-2017, 12:12 PM)Frailbones Wrote:
(10-25-2017, 12:09 PM)JaguarsWoman Wrote: Wouldn't Cardale Jones just feed Melvin Gordon all day?

"Won't Brisett just hand it off the Gore and Mack all day?"

When a team becomes 1 dimensional, defenses can play to their weakness. If Rivers goes down, no one becomes scared of their passing game and they focus on stopping the run. Just like the Jags did Sunday.

Marlon Mack and Frank Gore are not among the NFL's best RBs. Big difference.

(10-25-2017, 12:19 PM)JaguarsWoman Wrote:
(10-25-2017, 12:12 PM)Frailbones Wrote: "Won't Brisett just hand it off the Gore and Mack all day?"

Marlon Mack and Frank Gore are not among the NFL's best RBs. Big difference.
Gordon and Gore have the same YPA at a whopping 3.4.

Again... If Rivers goes down, that offense goes down with it. The fact that you think the Chargers would still "kill us" without Rivers is stupid.

(10-25-2017, 12:22 PM)Frailbones Wrote:
(10-25-2017, 12:19 PM)JaguarsWoman Wrote: Marlon Mack and Frank Gore are not among the NFL's best RBs. Big difference.

Gordon and Gore have the same YPA at a whopping 3.4.

Again... If Rivers goes down, that offense goes down with it. The fact that you think the Chargers would still "kill us" without Rivers is stupid.

Did you look at the Chargers defense before typing that?

(10-25-2017, 12:24 PM)JaguarsWoman Wrote:
(10-25-2017, 12:22 PM)Frailbones Wrote: Gordon and Gore have the same YPA at a whopping 3.4.

Did you look at the Chargers defense before typing that?
Oh so now we are switching to the defense? Changing your argument? Nice.

The Chargers defense is good. No one questioned that but you still have to score points. If Rivers goes down, the Chargers don't kill the Jags. It's that simple. They may very well win but they won't kill us. I don't expect the Chargers to kill the Jags even with Rivers. This Jags defense is very good and the Jags run game is also very good. Do you know how you stop the pass rush of Bosa and Ingram? You run the ball effectively.

I've called the last 3 right, so I guess I will stick to my original guess. Only change is I think we can beat the Cards with no Carson Palmer.

So 10-6 instead of 9-7.

(This post was last modified: 10-25-2017, 12:49 PM by J-Mizzal.)

(10-25-2017, 09:35 AM)Bullseye Wrote: These next two games are key, and could go either way.

If we win both, I could see us finishing 11-5.

Yea they both have good enough players to beat us even though they have bad records

Other then those games Seattle, Tenn, Houston are toss ups too

The rest of the games should be wins so thats 4-0 gives us 8 wins right there, and if we go 2-3 in the rest of the toss up games, 10-6 it is
<B><FONT color=cyan>Jags this is your year</FONT></B>

(10-25-2017, 12:45 PM)J-Mizzal Wrote:
(10-25-2017, 09:35 AM)Bullseye Wrote: These next two games are key, and could go either way.

If we win both, I could see us finishing 11-5.

Yea they both have good enough players to beat us even though they have bad records

Other then those games Seattle, Tenn, Houston are toss ups too

The rest of the games should be wins so thats 4-0 gives us 8 wins right there, and if we go 2-3 in the rest of the toss up games, 10-6 it is

Exactly.

The way I see it...we have four "probable" wins in Cleveland, Indy, Arizona, and San Francisco, even though one or more of these games could be tough wins.

The rest are winnable games capable of going either way.  To me, we need at least a split in these next two, but a sweep would be a tremendous boost.

Worst to 1st.  Curse Reversed!

(10-25-2017, 12:35 PM)rufftime Wrote: I've called the last 3 right, so I guess I will stick to my original guess.  Only change is I think we can beat the Cards with no Carson Palmer.

So 10-6 instead of 9-7.

I was never worried about Carson Palmer. Calais Campbell knows him very well. But I can't deny it will help to face Drew Stanton or Blaine Gabbert.

(10-25-2017, 11:48 AM)Bullseye Wrote:

(I can't believe I just typed that)

Ninja

Definite wins or possible wins?

NVM.
I see four "very winnable games"  (the four I listed) and three more that are toss-ups in my mind depending on health, run-defense, and the Bortles - Jeckyll and Hyde factor. 
I'm guessing that ends up in 5 more wins.

(10-25-2017, 01:27 PM)NYC4jags Wrote: I see four "very winnable games"  (the four I listed) and three more that are toss-ups in my mind depending on health, run-defense, and the Bortles - Jeckyll and Hyde factor. 
I'm guessing that ends up in 5 more wins.

Blake Bortles is not the only reason for our Jeckyll and Hyde game results. Special teams played a major role in that and we should be more consistent there after changing kickers. I think we should have no problem getting two or three winning streaks.