Create Account

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
Fournette = Trent Richardson?

So far, he's looked blah, but he's got a line ahead of him that's starting two guys who weren't even on the team in week one. It was no secret going in that he's not Barry Sanders. He's not going to create holes where there are none. He's going to plow full speed ahead into the holes that are there.

And, in retrospect, drafting a back who can't create anything on his own but lost yardage, headaches and suspensions was a terrible idea.

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

Fournettes contact balance is pretty awful which is the big worry for me. Goes down way too easily and that's not something you can fix. Compare what he does through contact to someone like Kareem Hunt who bounces off would be tacklers for fun because his contact balance is so good.

Looking a lot like Curtis Enis, who Coughlin also liked back in 1998. Kinda helps explain the pick.
<FONT face="Comic Sans MS" size=3><B><FONT face=Verdana color=#ff6600 size=4></FONT></B></FONT>

(12-08-2018, 03:40 PM)YSuperJville Wrote: Looking a lot like Curtis Enis, who Coughlin also liked back in 1998. Kinda helps explain the pick.

I think Coughlin gushed over Curtis in order to get Fred at 9.

If we took Jamal Adams and Kamara we probably would be on a 32 game win streak.

(12-08-2018, 02:28 PM)JackCity Wrote: Fournettes contact balance is pretty awful which is the big worry for me.  Goes down way too easily and that's not something you can fix. Compare what he does through contact to someone like Kareem Hunt who bounces off would be tacklers for fun because his contact balance is so good.

If only the women he beat had better contact balance.

What is it with you pathetic [BLEEP] and digging up threads that are literally more than a year old?

This board never ceases to amaze me

(This post was last modified: 12-09-2018, 09:56 AM by iHaunting Raven.)

(10-08-2017, 03:16 PM)JagFanatic24 Wrote: Bro. Delete your account and throw your phone in the garbage.

Fournette is on another level. He's not heavy legged lie Trent. He has ran guys over this year. He just hasn't creased em yet.

He's not a cut back runner. He's a bruiser. Think Jerome Bettis, Brandon Jacobs, Greg Jones. Only he's just as fast as Dalvin Cook.

Melvin Gordon needed a year to breakout. Just watch and see.

But don't make stupid posts like this. It's just dumb

you should have done that long ago and yet here you are.

Fournette has been average at best, that's the truth.

This thread is a joke while i still think top 10 picks shouldnt be used on RBs, ti say Fournette is Trent Richardson is laughable. Richardson had 0 vision and would miss wide open holes that were there while fournette has 0 holes opened for him and will have to bulldoze 3 guys just to get a positive gain.

Fournette is VERY good, 1000 yards 10 total TDs in like what 12-13 games last year? Thats ELITE production on a per game basis, and we all know how he carried the offense in the playoffs.

Every other major RB has better blocking and other weapons that need to be respected that take the focus and pressure off. LF27 doesnt have that luxury and is still producing at a good clip.

The play calling doesnt do him any favors either.

Fournette is our beat offensive player and will be for many years, this thread is silly and theres no comparison between the two Fournette is MILES better.
Championship Formula:

1) Draft Trevor Lawrence!
2) Play good physical Defense! 
3) Keep 91% of the roster healthy!
4) ???
5) Blank #2
6) CHAMPIONSHIP!!!

(12-09-2018, 02:01 PM)Firesky Wrote: This thread is a joke while i still think top 10 picks shouldnt be used on RBs, ti say Fournette is Trent Richardson is laughable. Richardson had 0 vision and would miss wide open holes that were there while fournette has 0 holes opened for him and will have to bulldoze 3 guys just to get a positive gain.

Fournette is VERY good, 1000 yards 10 total TDs in like what 12-13 games last year? Thats ELITE production on a per game basis, and we all know how he carried the offense in the playoffs.

Every other major RB has better blocking and other weapons that need to be respected that take the focus and pressure off. LF27 doesnt have that luxury and is still producing at a good clip.

The play calling doesnt do him any favors either.

Fournette is our beat offensive player and will be for many years, this thread is silly and theres no comparison between the two Fournette is MILES better.
Give Fournette a decent QB to keep the defenses stacking the box with 8 guys and watch his productivity increase.  There is no fear of the QB so they concentrate on stopping Fournette.

Now finding a decent QB is the tough part for 2019.

(This post was last modified: 12-09-2018, 09:17 PM by JackCity.)

If there was a redraft of the 2017 RB class how many RBs get taken ahead of Fournette?

I'd say 5

(12-08-2018, 06:27 PM)DragonFury Wrote: What is it with you pathetic [BLEEP] and digging up threads that are literally more than a year old?

Some people have no lives.

(12-09-2018, 09:14 PM)JackCity Wrote: If there was a redraft of the 2017 RB class how many RBs get taken ahead of Fournette?

I'd say 5

At least 4. Maybe 6. 
Packers took Jamal Williams and Aaron Jones in the 4th and 5th rounds of this draft (not shown in image below)

Had the Jags focused on their front five and taken a back later in 2017 they'd be much better for it IMO. 

What if they'd gone:  Jamal Adams, Cam Robinson, Dan Feeney, George Kittle, Aaron Jones with their first five picks in that draft?  

here's 15 of the RBs taken in 2017 :

[Image: ScreenShot2018-12-09at8.31.36PM.png]

(This post was last modified: 12-09-2018, 10:22 PM by Upper.)

Kittle and Jones are so damn good don't hurt my heart like that.

(12-09-2018, 10:22 PM)Upper Wrote: Kittle and Jones are so damn good don't hurt my heart like that.

It hurt me to type it
  Undecided

(12-09-2018, 09:55 AM)iHaunting Raven Wrote:
(10-08-2017, 03:16 PM)JagFanatic24 Wrote: Bro. Delete your account and throw your phone in the garbage.

Fournette is on another level. He's not heavy legged lie Trent. He has ran guys over this year. He just hasn't creased em yet.

He's not a cut back runner. He's a bruiser. Think Jerome Bettis, Brandon Jacobs, Greg Jones. Only he's just as fast as Dalvin Cook.

Melvin Gordon needed a year to breakout. Just watch and see.

But don't make stupid posts like this. It's just dumb

you should have done that long ago and yet here you are.

Fournette has been average at best, that's the truth.

Hey look, we lost again, and here you are.

Fournette is good, but he needs help.  He can't do it on his own like Saquan can.

(12-09-2018, 10:04 PM)NYC4jags Wrote:
(12-09-2018, 09:14 PM)JackCity Wrote: If there was a redraft of the 2017 RB class how many RBs get taken ahead of Fournette?

I'd say 5

At least 4. Maybe 6. 
Packers took Jamal Williams and Aaron Jones in the 4th and 5th rounds of this draft (not shown in image below)

Had the Jags focused on their front five and taken a back later in 2017 they'd be much better for it IMO. 

What if they'd gone:  Jamal Adams, Cam Robinson, Dan Feeney, George Kittle, Aaron Jones with their first five picks in that draft?  

here's 15 of the  RBs taken in 2017 :

Yup. It was said at the time it was insanely deep and probably goes down as the best running back class in NFL history when you consider the level of talent. 
Guys like Matt Breida and Ekeler were UDFAs  in the same class too just to add to it.

(This post was last modified: 12-09-2018, 11:22 PM by Upper.)

(12-09-2018, 11:03 PM)JackCity Wrote: Yup. It was said at the time it was insanely deep and probably goes down as the best running back class in NFL history when you consider the level of talent. 
Guys like Matt Breida and Ekeler were UDFAs  in the same class too just to add to it.

I am 100% not sure who I would take between #4 pick LF or 7th rounder Chris Carson.

(12-09-2018, 10:04 PM)NYC4jags Wrote:

I'd say 5

At least 4. Maybe 6. 

here's 15 of the  RBs taken in 2017 :

Feeney is garbage and was a zone blocking guard, the opposite of what we want to do.  But Kittle was the best blocking TE in the draft and had high upside, not to mention we needed a TE.  That's Dave Caldwell for you