Create Account

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
Fournette = Trent Richardson?

(12-17-2018, 04:08 PM)JagFanatic24 Wrote:
(12-17-2018, 12:35 PM)JNev Wrote: Last year Fournette had 1342 all purpose yards and 10 TDs in 13 games (1652 yds 12 TD pace)
This year he has 453 all purpose yards and 5 TDs in 5 full games (1450 yds 16 TD pace)

Cut this man!

Thank you!

Fournette is not an issue at all.
He's not really an "issue" if we get the line cobbled back together next year and he can somehow manage to play more games than he misses. 

The issue is what could have been done with that draft pick besides taking a RB unworthy of being selected anywhere near that high.

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

(12-17-2018, 04:31 PM)NYC4jags Wrote:
(12-17-2018, 04:08 PM)JagFanatic24 Wrote: Thank you!

Fournette is not an issue at all.
He's not really an "issue" if we get the line cobbled back together next year and he can somehow manage to play more games than he misses. 

The issue is what could have been done with that draft pick besides taking a RB unworthy of being selected anywhere near that high.

Exactly.

He's not a game-changer, he's not a world beater. He's never going to take nothing and break a huge run.

So.. he's a bust. Simple as that

(12-17-2018, 04:49 PM)TrivialPursuit Wrote:
(12-17-2018, 04:31 PM)NYC4jags Wrote: He's not really an "issue" if we get the line cobbled back together next year and he can somehow manage to play more games than he misses. 

Exactly.

He's not a game-changer, he's not a world beater. He's never going to take nothing and break a huge run.

I don't think he's a bust.  I think this F.O. just massively overvalued him.

(12-17-2018, 05:10 PM)NYC4jags Wrote:
(12-17-2018, 04:49 PM)TrivialPursuit Wrote: Exactly.

I don't think he's a bust.  I think this F.O. just massively overvalued 

A bust is a player who doesn't play up to the level expected with the draft selection. He has not played up to expectations as the #4 overall pick as a RB. Your individual expectations, as mine were, were much lower for Fournette and I, like you, hated the RB selection. The FO did indeed massively overvalue him, unfortunately it doesn't change the expectations overall for the #4 overall pick... an elite talent... blue chip guy... franchise type player. Its because of his draft selection and overall play... he unfortunately.. is a bust.

(12-17-2018, 05:25 PM)The_Franchise_QB Wrote:
(12-17-2018, 05:10 PM)NYC4jags Wrote: I don't think he's a bust.  I think this F.O. just massively overvalued 

A bust is a player who doesn't play up to the level expected with the draft selection. He has not played up to expectations as the #4 overall pick as a RB. Your individual expectations, as mine were, were much lower for Fournette and I, like you, hated the RB selection. The FO did indeed massively overvalue him, unfortunately it doesn't change the expectations overall for the #4 overall pick... an elite talent... blue chip guy... franchise type player. Its because of his draft selection and overall play... he unfortunately.. is a bust.
That's your definition. And it's not one I often see attributed to the term outside of this message board. You are certainly not the only one who feels that way. 
But I don't call a player who can produce enough to remain a viable starter in the NFL a bust. Overdrafted and "bust" are two different things in my book. 

If he continues to be unavailable due to injury in the coming years and loses his spot on the depth chart permanently - I'd apply the label.

(This post was last modified: 12-17-2018, 08:47 PM by JNev.)

(12-17-2018, 03:28 PM)Cleatwood Wrote:
(12-17-2018, 02:24 PM)JNev Wrote: That's fair imo, but saying he sucks is just ludicrous and it's really frustrating to see him being absolutely trashed on social media and here. The production is there when he's played. Like really of all the things to complain about this season Fournette is really low on the list
It's really not. His "production" is almost strictly volume based.

Dude was a top 5 pick and he's not on the same planet as Barkley or Elliott who were both selected in the top 5.  He's averaging 3.4 yards a carry this season.... Yeldon is at least averaging 4.

There are no empty numbers in the NFL. This isnt the MAC. Fournette produces on a subpar offense with a massive limitation at QB. I'm just still in disbelief 1350 yds and 10 TDs in 13 games as a rookie is a "bust". I guess people just have massively different definitions of the word

(This post was last modified: 12-18-2018, 01:32 AM by Firesky.)

(12-17-2018, 05:10 PM)NYC4jags Wrote: I don't think he's a bust.  I think this F.O. just massively overvalued 

So he was a bust when we selected him...

We selected Bryan Anger in the 3rd... a punter is never going to live up to that draft slot just based on positional value. The front office overvaluing him and taking him sooner than his position dictates he should does not make him a bust lol. Dude had 10 TD's and 1,050 yards in 13 games and legit carried the offensive side of the ball in our AFCCG run last year ... we don't win either Pittsburgh game without him last year. We don't win the Seattle game without him converting a 3rd and 10 down the stretch (there's a 10+ yard rush that people are so on him about; he also got the line to gain on 3rd down in a 4 minute offense when they knew he was getting the ball ... gee its like he can actually rattle off some chunk gains with some blocking)

It's like last year never happened, people are just SOOOO mad that we didn't get a QB bc of how well Mahomes (and to a way lesser extend Watson) are playing this season WITH THE BENEFIT OF HINDSIGHT. And apparently that's Leonard Fournettes fault, never mind that you're a good player who damn near brought us to the super bowl; "because you've missed time with some injuries, have no blocking due to injuries, and aren't putting up 2k yards all while the QB i wanted instead is playing well you must be a bust" Sophomoric and Myopic thinking. If we get all our starters back from injury and inject talent into the offense via QB etc. .. people are gonna act like they loved Leonard the whole time and he was a great pick if we return to the playoffs. Book it.
Championship Formula:

1) Draft Trevor Lawrence!
2) Play good physical Defense! 
3) Keep 91% of the roster healthy!
4) ???
5) Blank #2
6) CHAMPIONSHIP!!!

(12-18-2018, 01:31 AM)Firesky Wrote:
(12-17-2018, 05:25 PM)The_Franchise_QB Wrote: A bust is a player who doesn't play up to the level expected with the draft selection. He has not played up to expectations as the #4 overall pick as a RB. Your individual expectations, as mine were, were much lower for Fournette and I, like you, hated the RB selection. The FO did indeed massively overvalue him, unfortunately it doesn't change the expectations overall for the #4 overall pick... an elite talent... blue chip guy... franchise type player. Its because of his draft selection and overall play... he unfortunately.. is a bust.

So he was a bust when we selected him...

We selected Bryan Anger in the 3rd... a punter is never going to live up to that draft slot just based on positional value. The front office overvaluing him and taking him sooner than his position dictates he should does not make him a bust lol. Dude had 10 TD's and 1,050 yards in 13 games and legit carried the offensive side of the ball in our AFCCG run last year ... we don't win either Pittsburgh game without him last year. We don't win the Seattle game without him converting a 3rd and 10 down the stretch (there's a 10+ yard rush that people are so on him about; he also got the line to gain on 3rd down in a 4 minute offense when they knew he was getting the ball ... gee its like he can actually rattle off some chunk gains with some blocking)

It's like last year never happened, people are just SOOOO mad that we didn't get a QB bc of how well Mahomes (and to a way lesser extend Watson) are playing this season WITH THE BENEFIT OF HINDSIGHT. And apparently that's Leonard Fournettes fault, never mind that you're a good player who damn near brought us to the super bowl; "because you've missed time with some injuries, have no blocking due to injuries, and aren't putting up 2k yards all while the QB i wanted instead is playing well you must be a bust" Sophomoric and Myopic thinking. If we get all our starters back from injury and inject talent into the offense via QB etc. .. people are gonna act like they loved Leonard the whole time and he was a great pick if we return to the playoffs. Book it.

People were mad prior to the pick, immediately after the pick, and especially now 2 seasons removed from the pick, that we didn't take Watson or Mahomes over him.

(12-18-2018, 01:37 AM)JackCity Wrote:
(12-18-2018, 01:31 AM)Firesky Wrote: So he was a bust when we selected him...

People were mad prior to the pick, immediately after the pick, and especially now 2 seasons removed from the pick, that we didn't take Watson or Mahomes over him.

Because he's got no vision and no agility... the two things that separate the good from the elite. Because every single player in the NFL is fast and strong.

He was overvalued and the WORST RB taken in his draft class. Yet he was the first taken. That's just an awful look.

Disagree. What you describe is an overdrafted player. Ryan Leaf is a bust. Justin Blackmon is a bust.

Tyson Alualu and Bryan Anger were overdrafted players, not busts.

Both are failures on the part of the FO to get value for the pick, but they are two distinct concepts.

Whether or not he ever has success with us, I see Fournette sticking around for quite a while in the league. That's not a bust.

I’d be more upset with keeping Bortles.

This was an "off" season for the whole team. He was worthy of his draft pick last season. I would wait until we see what he does in 2019 before I call him a bust. It could still go either way.

If it wasn't for his injury proneness and bad decisions here and there, I wouldn't have any worries with him; even with a poor year this year. The Oline has been destroyed and the backups are horrendous. Having said that, I think he is more likely to be traded than Ramsey..... And tbh, depending on what we got for him, I don't know how upset I would be. He has not played like a Captain at all and there's signs of even more trouble (going off what Josh Scobee doobee doo said).
Let's Get Em!!!! Go Jags!

(12-18-2018, 10:01 AM)Mikey Wrote:
(12-17-2018, 05:25 PM)The_Franchise_QB Wrote: A bust is a player who doesn't play up to the level expected with the draft selection. He has not played up to expectations as the #4 overall pick as a RB. Your individual expectations, as mine were, were much lower for Fournette and I, like you, hated the RB selection. The FO did indeed massively overvalue him, unfortunately it doesn't change the expectations overall for the #4 overall pick... an elite talent... blue chip guy... franchise type player. Its because of his draft selection and overall play... he unfortunately.. is a bust.

Disagree. What you describe is an overdrafted player. Ryan Leaf is a bust. Justin Blackmon is a bust.

Tyson Alualu and Bryan Anger were overdrafted players, not busts.

Both are failures on the part of the FO to get value for the pick, but they are two distinct concepts.

Whether or not he ever has success with us, I see Fournette sticking around for quite a while in the league. That's not a bust.

"Overdrafted" rather than "bust" is the exact point im trying to make, we totally agree.
Championship Formula:

1) Draft Trevor Lawrence!
2) Play good physical Defense! 
3) Keep 91% of the roster healthy!
4) ???
5) Blank #2
6) CHAMPIONSHIP!!!

I can’t believe people are already trying to say he’s a best. Dude is the best pro style HB in the league. If he was on a conptent team he would be MVP

(12-18-2018, 08:38 PM)jvillejagsn1 Wrote: If it wasn't for his injury proneness and bad decisions here and there, I wouldn't have any worries with him; even with a poor year this year. The Oline has been destroyed and the backups are horrendous. Having said that, I think he is more likely to be traded than Ramsey..... And tbh, depending on what we got for him, I don't know how upset I would be. He has not played like a Captain at all and there's signs of even more trouble (going off what Josh Scobee doobee doo said).

Wait what did Scobee say?
No Fun

(This post was last modified: 12-19-2018, 04:25 AM by TearExtractor.)

Fournette is not a bust, not yet at least.

He DEFINITELY has not been worth anywhere even remotely close to where he was picked. Add the injury bug to that and its not looking pretty.

Of course he would play better with a better o-line. Why are people even trying to use this as something to help Threenette(thanks fbt) case? You're telling me someone will play better with better teammates? YOU DONT SAY. That works for every position on the field, including ...running back.

He is still young, fast, and strong, so he has time to dig himself out of the hole and make a mountain to stand on(hopefullySmile )

I’m constantly amazed by people who discount the important interdependency between certain positions on a football team. For example, an average defensive secondary can suddenly become stellar when the front seven improves its pressure on the QB .In similar fashion, an average running back can be made to look all-Pro if he has an outstanding offensive line. Sometimes, though rarely, a generational running back can overcome deficiencies in his OL simply due to his exceptional talent. TheJags OL is not now, nor was at the beginning of the season, an exceptional group. Injuries further degraded them as the season progressed. I think that LF is a very talented RB when he gets adequate blocking. But the same argument can be made about backs who get chosen in later rounds of the draft. For my money, I would focus on shoring up the OL first, because once that’s accomplished, LF or another RB chosen later in the draft will succeed.

(12-19-2018, 07:46 AM)Section105Fan Wrote: I’m constantly amazed by people who discount the important interdependency between certain positions on a football team. For example, an average defensive secondary can suddenly become stellar when the front seven improves its pressure on the QB .In similar fashion, an average running back can be made to look all-Pro if he has an outstanding offensive line. Sometimes, though rarely, a generational running back can overcome deficiencies in his OL simply due to his exceptional talent. TheJags OL is not now, nor was at the beginning of the season, an exceptional group. Injuries further degraded them as the season progressed. I think that LF is a very talented RB when he gets adequate blocking. But the same argument can be made about backs who get chosen in later rounds of the draft. For my money, I would focus on shoring up the OL first, because once that’s accomplished, LF or another RB chosen later in the draft will succeed.

But yet Yeldon can average 4.0 YPC behind the same line. Gotcha.

(This post was last modified: 12-19-2018, 08:43 AM by flgatorsandjags.)

Todd Gurley averaged 3.7 yrs career his sophomore year. I think Fournette will have a much better season next year when Cam comes back and we also add a couple other pieces to the oline in the offeeason

We just have 5o get healthy and fix the ol in ne and LF will be fine