Create Account

Board Performance Issues We are aware of performance issues on the board and are working to resolve them! The board may be intermittently unavailable during this time. (May 07) x

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
Do we realize just what we have in Fournette?

(10-08-2017, 06:13 PM)LAjag Wrote:
(10-08-2017, 06:03 PM)JAGFAN88 Wrote: I think that Fournette is a great running back but saying the 90 yard run was somthing special is not knowing football and situation. It was 3rd and 3, and we have not thrown a pass all half. They stacked the box with all 11 players and we put a helmet on a helmet and there was a crease on the outside. Once he hit the hole he was gone noone back to stop him. If he had done it in the first half or anytime except the very end of the game it would have been more impresive. I do think he is a great running back but i dont think that would be considered he break away run we have been looking for.

Is clocking the highest mph of any ball carrier in the NFL this season after hitting the crease normal, or is it kind of special?

Thats not the point. yes its special that he is the fastest runner in the NFL. My point is lets see a breakaway run like that in the heat of the game not when its mostly over. We have been waiting for one of those runs all season, and yes this was a great run and i was like yes!!! but lets see that when the game is on the line in the middle of the game thats what im waiting for.

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

Fournette is a baller....just wish he had a better overall OL to give him some consistent holes

(10-08-2017, 06:03 PM)JAGFAN88 Wrote: I think that Fournette is a great running back but saying the 90 yard run was somthing special is not knowing football and situation. It was 3rd and 3, and we have not thrown a pass all half. They stacked the box with all 11 players and we put a helmet on a helmet and there was a crease on the outside. Once he hit the hole he was gone noone back to stop him. If he had done it in the first half or anytime except the very end of the game it would have been more impresive. I do think he is a great running back but i dont think that would be considered he break away run we have been looking for.

Sorry but you were a gabbert and a gene smith fan. Forgive me if I don't take your word seriously.

(This post was last modified: 10-08-2017, 06:22 PM by leopold332002.)

(10-08-2017, 06:04 PM)Dakota Wrote:
(10-08-2017, 05:51 PM)leopold332002 Wrote: He did a job today and he followed the game plan so stop whining about it

Again, go to Summer mariota's Games last year he had the same type of games and nobody complain at all. For the love of God, some of y'all had like we lost the game today

LOL@ whining. Laughing

If the shoe fits my good man

(10-08-2017, 06:08 PM)homebiscuit Wrote: Just imagine (makes expansive gesture with hands) a two dimensional offense. An offense which can run AND throw. The opposing defense constantly wondering if we're going to float the ball into the hands of a capable receiver or smash it through in the arms of Leonard Fournette.

That's what Blake Bortles does not give us.

He gave you that against Baltimore and let's not forget he is without his best receiver because all the other receivers are pedestrian at best.
[Image: giphy.gif]

(10-08-2017, 06:13 PM)LAjag Wrote:

Is clocking the highest mph of any ball carrier in the NFL this season after hitting that crease normal, or is it kind of special?

Not saying it's a SC top 10 highlight, but a 225lb power back pulling away from an NFL corner is pretty fun to watch

/thread

yeah I guess the highest mph on his 28th carry is just ok Banana Banana Banana

Respect the game.  Play with a sense of urgency. 

1.)  Take care of the ball.  Win the turnover battle.

2.)  It's all about 3rd down.  Win on 3rd down to win the game.

3.) Playmakers make plays.  The only reason that you put your uniform on is to make plays. In order to EARN your paycheck, you must make plays.  

Learn from the great collapse of 2023.  

(10-08-2017, 06:21 PM)leopold332002 Wrote:
(10-08-2017, 06:04 PM)Dakota Wrote: LOL@ whining. Laughing

If the shoe fits my good man

LMAO!!!! I hope you don't sell shoes..... Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing
What lies behind us, and what lies before us are tiny matters compared to what lies within us.

Watching him against the Steelers reminded me of the good ole’ days of 2007 f those 2 games old man Freddy T just dominated

(10-08-2017, 06:00 PM)B2hibry Wrote: Fastest play in the NFL?

https://nextgenstats.nfl.com/stats/top-p...l-carriers

Even topped Grant.

(10-08-2017, 06:18 PM)JAGFAN88 Wrote:
(10-08-2017, 06:13 PM)LAjag Wrote: Is clocking the highest mph of any ball carrier in the NFL this season after hitting the crease normal, or is it kind of special?

Thats not the point. yes its special that he is the fastest runner in the NFL. My point is lets see a breakaway run like that in the heat of the game not when its mostly over. We have been waiting for one of those runs all season, and yes this was a great run and i was like yes!!! but lets see that when the game is on the line in the middle of the game thats what im waiting for.

I'm missing your point.

It was 3rd and 3.

They were playing to stop him.

He took it 90 yards to the house. 

He put the nail in the coffin and shut the game down.  That was a breakaway run.

That speed + that size is stupid.  If we can get a QB that can keep a defense honest he is going to be an absolute monster.

I will admit I was not high on taking LF that high but he's a force to be reckoned with.

The guy is 240 pounds and breaking away from corners.

Sorry. That’s special.

Enjoy the win and complain tomorrow!

(10-08-2017, 06:58 PM)Frailbones Wrote: The guy is 240 pounds and breaking away from corners.

Sorry. That’s special.

Enjoy the win and complain tomorrow!

Not only that but to do it on his 28th carry at the end of the game.

(10-08-2017, 06:21 PM)leopold33200 Wrote:
(10-08-2017, 06:08 PM)homebiscuit Wrote: Just imagine (makes expansive gesture with hands) a two dimensional offense. An offense which can run AND throw. The opposing defense constantly wondering if we're going to float the ball into the hands of a capable receiver or smash it through in the arms of Leonard Fournette.

That's what Blake Bortles does not give us.

He gave you that against Baltimore and let's not forget he is without his best receiver because all the other receivers are pedestrian at best.

The issue isn't that he hasn't done it, it's that he hasn't been consistent in doing it. He played fine today, should have had that deep ball early down the sideline but those happen. And even though its an int, you cant blame Blake for that Shazier play.

While I do like Blake, he is what he is. And that's inconsistent. If we could count on him week in and week out to give us a performance somewhere between Baltimore and today, then great. But so far he hasn't been able to do that for an extended time. I really hope he does. A threat of a solid passing game every week would do wonders. 

That being said, if handing the ball off for an entire quarter works like it did today, then I'm all for it.
IT WAS ALWAYS THE JAGS

(10-08-2017, 05:55 PM)leopold332002 Wrote:
(10-08-2017, 05:52 PM)hb1148 Wrote: He had 8 completions for I think 95 yards. The coaching staff doesn't trust him enough to build the offense around him. The INT wasn't his fault though and he's cut down on his turnovers so that's an improvement. But being that limited as a QB means opposing defenses can concentrate on stopping the run.

All I'm saying is this that's part of the game plan and nobody can still give me an explanation on Marcus Mariota had the same type of games last year and nobody said a thing about it but I guess people already have their mind made up on Blake so nothing you can do can satisfy them. All I'm saying is we won the game that's all should matter

Blake was 8 of 14 for less than 100 yards.  No TDs.  One INT.

He's doing nothing but keeping the seat warm until next year.  He's not good enough but he's still the best we have hence why he's starting.  Henne does not give the team a better chance to win.  

I appreciate Blake for what he is and what he's done here.  The guy has taken a beating to lose a lot of games but he's not the QB of the future.

(10-08-2017, 06:13 PM)LAjag Wrote: Is clocking the highest mph of any ball carrier in the NFL this season after hitting the crease normal, or is it kind of special?

Wow your a tough crowd, I mean yeah it was a clean run, so not as good as breaking a tackle while doing it, but I was glad to see him finally hit a long one. Now if he can finally break one of those shoe string tackles and do it I will be ecstatic.

Yes, it's improvement, but it's Blaine Gabbert 2012 level improvement. - Pirkster

http://youtu.be/ouGM3NWpjxk The Home Hypnotist!

http://youtu.be/XQRFkn0Ly3A Media on the Brain Link!

Quote:Peyton must store oxygen in that forehead of his. No way I'd still be alive after all that choking.

(This post was last modified: 10-08-2017, 07:10 PM by Etdavis2006.)

YPC 4.3

Seems like quality back to me. Good pick

We finally have someone who can move the ball on the ground consistently and people still figure out a way to complain.

181 yards, 2td and 6.5 ypc.

He shoulda did it sooner lol

(10-08-2017, 07:08 PM)Etdavis2006 Wrote: YPC 4.3

We finally have someone who can move the ball on the ground consistently and people still figure out a way to complain.

2nd in the league in rushing yards....
IT WAS ALWAYS THE JAGS

Well, stay tuned.  He has shown he is physical enough for the NFL, and he has now shown he has breakaway speed as well.

He has transformed this entire team.
<FONT face="Comic Sans MS" size=3><B><FONT face=Verdana color=#ff6600 size=4></FONT></B></FONT>

(10-08-2017, 07:16 PM)imtheblkranger Wrote:

Is he first in carrys? It sure feels like he is.

Yes, it's improvement, but it's Blaine Gabbert 2012 level improvement. - Pirkster

http://youtu.be/ouGM3NWpjxk The Home Hypnotist!

http://youtu.be/XQRFkn0Ly3A Media on the Brain Link!

Quote:Peyton must store oxygen in that forehead of his. No way I'd still be alive after all that choking.

(10-08-2017, 07:16 PM)imtheblkranger Wrote:

He's just getting warmed up. Just like Bell, the first 4 games was his preseason since he didn't play any. He's getting ready to go on a roll now. He's game ready.

(10-08-2017, 07:36 PM)HandsomeRob86 Wrote:
(10-08-2017, 07:16 PM)imtheblkranger Wrote: 2nd in the league in rushing yards....

Is he first in carrys? It sure feels like he is.

Just looked and yes he is with 109. He's 7 carries ahead of Bell at #2 And the McCoy/Gurley are 3/4 with 87/86 each.

Fournette YPC 4.3
Bell YPC 3.6
McCoy YPC 3.2
Gurley YPC 4.2