Create Account

Board Performance Issues We are aware of performance issues on the board and are working to resolve them! The board may be intermittently unavailable during this time. (May 07) x

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
Imagine if this team had a consistently average QB

(10-09-2017, 06:18 AM)hb1148 Wrote:
(10-08-2017, 06:45 PM)BklynJag Wrote: Dare I say we could be 5-0. With this defense, we would run away with this division. Blake is holding this team back.

As I was watching Deshaun Watson last night I was just imagining what the Jags would be doing with that guy. I just hope we don't end up like they did for years with a great defense and no passing game.

(10-08-2017, 10:00 PM)JagFanatic24 Wrote: Garrard could improvise...come on now.

Maybe not 10 times...but he could improvise.

DG was also reasonably accurate. With Bortles is poor accuracy; too frequently he can't even hit on the easy throws.

Garard was not accurate go check his completion percentage and stop making this man like a folk hero when it's not the case. Garard completion percentage was sub 60% despite the fact that the route tree that his wide receiver running was limited because he had an Limited skill set as a quarterback.
[Image: giphy.gif]

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

(10-09-2017, 06:54 AM)leopold332002 Wrote:
(10-09-2017, 06:18 AM)hb1148 Wrote: As I was watching Deshaun Watson last night I was just imagining what the Jags would be doing with that guy. I just hope we don't end up like they did for years with a great defense and no passing game.

DG was also reasonably accurate. With Bortles is poor accuracy; too frequently he can't even hit on the easy throws.

Garard was not accurate go check his completion percentage and stop making this man like a folk hero when it's not the case. Garard completion percentage was sub 60% despite the fact that the route tree that his wide receiver running was limited because he had an Limited skill set as a quarterback.

Here's his completion percentage during his time as a starter for the Jags.

Year  %    Rating
2010 64.5 90.8
2009 60.9 83.5
2008 62.6 81.7
2007 64.0 102.2
2006 60.2 80.5

You were saying?
I'm condescending. That means I talk down to you.

(This post was last modified: 10-09-2017, 07:57 AM by Bullseye.)

(10-09-2017, 06:30 AM)DThe Real Marty Wrote: "Imagine if this team had a consistently average QB."  

Well, I guess we wouldn't be running the ball EIGHTEEN STRAIGHT TIMES.   Geez!   That was some stone-age football.  

Did you hear?  They've invented this thing called "the forward pass."   Eighteen straight running plays!   And they couldn't stop it!   That is so funny.   You have to love that.

In the epic battle between Fred Flintstone and Luke Skywalker, Flintstone won!

Worst to 1st.  Curse Reversed!

To even have an argument on Garrard vs. Bortles is pathetic, lol. Garrard was twice the QB Bortles will ever be.

My prediction is that next game, against the Rams, we will go over the top, pass the ball. Yes. The mythical "forward pass."

Actually, I think we'll have to, because teams will increasingly pack the line of scrimmage. I don't care how bad your QB is, you have to go play-action and go over the top to back them off.

Even though Bortles is God-awful, I will give credit where it is due. He has reduced his game changing, back breaking turnovers. If he continues that, we will certainly win 7 or 8 games this year.

(10-08-2017, 10:55 PM)leopold332002 Wrote:
(10-08-2017, 09:19 PM)JagFanatic24 Wrote: Garrard is 10 times better than Bortles.

(10-08-2017, 10:00 PM)JagFanatic24 Wrote: Garrard could improvise...come on now.

Maybe not 10 times...but he could improvise.

My man you're moving the field goal post to make your argument so is Garrard 10 times better or just better than Blake? lol. You can't make a argument and then flip flop at the drop of a dime so i suggest take a position and be strong in your convictions.

One of the better Bortles Sucks-type threads. JF24 just got owned by Leopold332022. I will go out of the limb with you JF24- I think Garrard was 3.7 times better than Bortles and I'm sticking to it unless Bortles gets much better or worse.

And then, Leopold got owned later in the thread on Garrard's completion percentage and is now moving into damage control and more popcorn time.
Season Ticket holder since 2004. Smile

Yesterday showed the vision Marrone and Coughlin brought with them when they were hired. The team will continue to improve, and hopefully Bortles will follow suit with less pressure on him to carry the team.
Never argue with idiots. They drag you down to their level and beat you with experience.
[Image: attachment.php?aid=59]

Hear me out, What if we traded for Eli Manning. The Giants are 0-5 and season is done. Coughlin is familiar with him. With protection, Manning is an accurate QB. Giants feel the QB they drafted might be something. Maybe a 3rd or 4th rounder can bring Eli here.

(10-09-2017, 09:03 AM)BklynJag Wrote: Hear me out, What if we traded for Eli Manning. The Giants are 0-5 and season is done. Coughlin is familiar with him. With protection, Manning is an accurate QB. Giants feel the QB they drafted might be something. Maybe a 3rd or 4th rounder can bring Eli here.
Lol

Trade for everyone!

(10-09-2017, 09:03 AM)BklynJag Wrote: Hear me out, What if we traded for Eli Manning. The Giants are 0-5 and season is done. Coughlin is familiar with him. With protection, Manning is an accurate QB. Giants feel the QB they drafted might be something. Maybe a 3rd or 4th rounder can bring Eli here.
I'd have no problem with that at all.
Season Ticket holder since 2004. Smile

Watching Dakota Watson play last night, I thought why don't more teams run the read option? And then I remembered they get crushed and end up with nagging injuries. Look how much better Cam is playing from the pocket as he has developed, give me that instead of a flash in the pan gimmick for a year. I'm not saying Dakota Watson won't develop, I am saying that I just don't think you can play that way for a career.
The Khan Years

Patience, Persistence, and Piss Poor General Managers.

Actually not a bad idea at all.

I think Eli is on his last legs.  I'd rather bring a younger guy here.

(10-09-2017, 10:00 AM)The Real Marty Wrote:

I think Eli is on his last legs.  I'd rather bring a younger guy here.

Yes, he is no spring chicken. Nobody will argue that, but he is a massive upgrade from Bortles and makes the defense respect the passing game immediately. I'd do it for a 4th, but that likely won't happen.

(This post was last modified: 10-09-2017, 10:06 AM by spacecoastjag.)

This brooklyn guy is a wind up doll. ANY QB is going to struggle when you run, run, pass on 3rd and long with zero WRs every game, all game. The OC is awful. Most passing situations are always in 3rd and long.

Alex smith is not good because of Alex Smith. Alex Smith is good because of Andy Reid. I'm looking forward to watching the next QB in Jacksonville be WORSE than Bortles so the inept posters will actually get a clue.

Bortles is doing everything the Jags are asking of him; managing the game. The Jags RIGHT NOW have the worst receiving corps in the league. Dede should help that later on but right now they aren't good.

And to educate you, Bortles led the game winning drive vs. the Jets. Marquise Lee lost that game. Bortles should be 4-1 despite the defense giving up over 300 rushing yards.

(10-09-2017, 10:03 AM)spacecoastjag Wrote: This brooklyn guy is a wind up doll. ANY QB is going to struggle when you run, run, pass on 3rd and long with zero WRs every game, all game. The OC is awful. Most passing situations are always in 3rd and long.

Alex smith is not good because of Alex Smith. Alex Smith is good because of Andy Reid. I'm looking forward to watching the next QB in Jacksonville be WORSE than Bortles so the inept posters will actually get a clue.

Weren't you the Bortles' apologist who was the first to defend him when he was having atrociously bad games? The offensive game plan is what it is for a reason. Think about that....

(10-09-2017, 10:03 AM)spacecoastjag Wrote: This brooklyn guy is a wind up doll. ANY QB is going to struggle when you run, run, pass on 3rd and long with zero WRs every game, all game. The OC is awful. Most passing situations are always in 3rd and long.

Bortles is doing everything the Jags are asking of him; managing the game. The Jags RIGHT NOW have the worst receiving corps in the league. Dede should help that later on but right now they aren't good.

And to educate you, Bortles led the game winning drive vs. the Jets. Marquise Lee lost that game. Bortles should be 4-1 despite the defense giving up over 300 rushing yards.
Bortles threw the ball once in the 2nd half dude. Once.

Bortles is not good and the team wins games without him. I mean he threw for 95 yards and they won 30-9.....

(10-08-2017, 09:11 PM)VisitingCobra Wrote: I'm trying to think how Garrard would do on this team.  2007 season?

But then again, there are some things Bortles does better than Garrard did in his days.

Yeah, try every throw but a slant. That's all Garrard could do.

Give it up, dude. Last year it was the scoring defense, this year it's the receivers and OC. Bortles just isn't that good.