Create Account

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
J.J. Watt out for season with tibial plateau fracture

(This post was last modified: 10-08-2017, 09:20 PM by HURRICANE!!!.)

Adam Schefter just reported --- Watt out for the year.

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

Where? Haven't seen it on Twitter.

There's an ambulance waiting for him in the tunnel. Not a good sign.

(10-08-2017, 09:17 PM)StroudCrowd1 Wrote: Where? Haven't seen it on Twitter.

Yes it was but now i can't find it.  Maybe it got pulled ...

Texans DE J.J. Watt will not return with knee injury

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap3000000...nee-injury

The Houston Texans took a significant hit to their front seven on Sunday evening. Star defensive end J.J. Watt was ruled out of their tilt with the Kansas City Chiefs.

I just read he was out for the year and posted it. I could not verify as the tweet appeared to be gone so I deleted.

Odds are he's done for year even of it isn't "official"

Dude, he's had horrible luck with injuries the last 2 years. It's a shame, I wonder if we'll ever see 20-sack Watt ever again

J.J. Watt out for season with tibial plateau fracture

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap3000000...u-fracture

The Houston Texans took a significant hit to their front seven on Sunday evening. Star defensive end J.J. Watt suffered a tibial plateau fracture on the first drive of their game against the Chiefs.

This could be the end of a great player. HOF talent. But injuries are catching up to him.

Nope

You would have heard immediately if you watched the game. Michele Tafoya told viewers everything - weight on and on the left foot, the decision to get a cart, taking him straight to the x-ray room, leaving the x-ray room without his uniform and on crutches for direct transport to a local hospital. It is not hard to figure this stuff out

(10-08-2017, 09:26 PM)StroudCrowd1 Wrote: Odds are he's done for year even of it isn't "official"

I can't bet on the odds but unofficially, "out for the year" (which I will call OFTY for short) is subjective.

After NBC published a tweet by T.J. Watt, I wished there was another one from Derek. J.J. will certainly get lots of well wishes from people over the next few days, mostly on Twitter and from his personal contacts.

Of course, as bad as we all feel for J.J. Watt right now, it is good to know his injury just made the road to the AFC playoffs easier for the Titans,, Colts, and Jaguars.

Hate that for him. As really hope he gets better!
Ready for May Day and May Flowers!

(This post was last modified: 10-09-2017, 08:17 AM by StroudCrowd1.)

(10-09-2017, 12:42 AM)JaguarsWoman Wrote:

You would have heard immediately if you watched the game. Michele Tafoya told viewers everything - weight on and on the left foot, the decision to get a cart, taking him straight to the x-ray room, leaving the x-ray room without his uniform and on crutches for direct transport to a local hospital. It is not hard to figure this stuff out

I did watch the game schmohock, and I actually post my thoughts during the game and not after. Most people were speculating ACL after it happened. Try to keep up.

J.J. Watt 'devastated' after season-ending injury

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap3000000...ing-injury

J.J. Watt suffered a bone fracture in his left leg in Sunday's loss to the Chiefs. On Monday morning, the Houston Texans pass rusher tweeted about his injury, apologizing to fans and his teammates.

I’ve always enjoyed watching him, except playing us. Bow out brotha and enjoy watching the other Watt ball.
[Image: Ben-Roethlisberger_Lerentee-McCary-Sack_...ayoffs.jpg]

My fear was torn knee ligaments. Initially that was what the trainers thought too. It was awful to see him go down by friendly fire and have that happen.

(This post was last modified: 10-09-2017, 10:25 AM by JaguarsWoman.)

(10-08-2017, 09:17 PM)homebiscuit Wrote: There's an ambulance waiting for him in the tunnel. Not a good sign.

It was right outside the x-ray room, where J.J. Watt was carted directly from the medical tent. Seeing him on crutches after repeatedly trying to put weight on his leg was awful.

(10-09-2017, 08:03 AM)StroudCrowd1 Wrote:
(10-09-2017, 12:42 AM)JaguarsWoman Wrote: You would have heard immediately if you watched the game. Michele Tafoya told viewers everything - weight on and off the left foot, the decision to get a cart, taking him straight to the x-ray room, leaving the x-ray room without his uniform and on crutches for direct transport to a local hospital. It is not hard to figure this stuff out

I did watch the game schmohock, and I actually post my thoughts during the game and not after. Most people were speculating ACL after it happened. Try to keep up.

Right, and then Michele Tafoya reported it is a tibial plateau fracture. Now who is the one not keeping up?