Create Account

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
Do we have realistic chance of landing Kirk Cousins?

How realistic are our chances of landing Kirk Cousins in 2018?
[Image: giphy.gif]

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

I'd say about 20%. First, he has to decided not to come back to Washington, and then, we have to outbid about a dozen other teams for his services. One big thing in our favor is the fact that we are really just a QB away from contending.

It is a very realistic chance. But he’s gonna cost a lot. There will be things and options with the qb posistion next year. I’m personally a sign Brees and draft Falk or Rudolph guy but if we can swing Cousins then I’m for that too.

I don't think the Jags are going to invest $150m in a QB. We need to sign Telvin Smith and maintain an elite defense to ensure we're competitive in every game.

I could see upgrading the OLine & TE position and perhaps taking a chance on short term contract with a veteran QB like Drew Brees (if he and the Saints depart ways). I know he's old but I just can't see the Jags disrupting their payroll balance which would ultimately lead to letting some good players go.

Bortles will be back in 2018 and hopefully some of the posters won't be.

(10-09-2017, 10:50 AM)spacecoastjag Wrote: Bortles will be back in 2018 and hopefully some of the posters won't be.

Agreed.  When will people realize that this organization obviously believes Blake can do what they need him to do for this team to be a winner.  I do think we draft a quarterback in the first 2-3 round next year to start grooming under him, but I think Blake is our starter next year.

Yes

If we are good at the end of the year, all the available QBs will seriously look at us.

Drew Brees, Cousins, Alex Smith and others
<B><FONT color=cyan>Jags this is your year</FONT></B>

Cousins will most likely get the transition tag which means they can match any offer Cousins receives.

Also.... LOL @Spacecoast

Brees needs to be option 1 with alex smith closely behind him for option 2

then after that Kirk Cousins

In the draft solidify the O-line and TE positions

Get one of those QB's and upgrade the O-line a bit and this team wins the afc south for the forseeable future

Other 2018 FA considerations: Jimmy Garoppolo, Sam Bradford, Teddy Bridgewater

(10-09-2017, 11:32 AM)VisitingCobra Wrote: Other 2018 FA considerations: Jimmy Garoppolo, Sam Bradford, Teddy Bridgewater

Also, Gabbert

Quote:I don't think the Jags are going to invest $150m in a QB. We need to sign Telvin Smith and maintain an elite defense to ensure we're competitive in every game.

I'd love to see Cousins in Jacksonville but I agree with this. 

Don't think the organization is going to sink 19 million into BB either. 

Currently I'd guess the team drafts a QB in the 1st, possibly trading up to do so.

I think SF is the main player for Cousins.

The way to go is to sign a QB and draft one in the first. I'm down with Cousins, but don't think we should enter a bidding war unless we think he's our answer for the next ten years. Signing a guy like Brees to a 2 or 3 year deal is the ticket. If we nab Cousins, I doubt we go QB in round 1.

Give me Alex Smith instead.

Drew Brees would be a dream too.

I wonder what the odds of Tom going after Eli are? I know he hasnt looked good the last couple of years but their oline and run game is horrible. If Smith, Brees, and Cousins go elsewhere I think Eli could be a sleeper for us.

Tyrod, Teddy/Bradford, Brees, Rivers, Alex Smith, Cousins, Eli, and Garoppolo could be available options one way or another. Then you have the much anticipated rookie class. Imo you gotta get a vet and draft a guy Rd. 1 or 2. My ideal situation is Rivers and Falk/Rudolph. 2nd choice would be Tyrod and a TE in the 1st or 2nd rd. Teddy is interesting of course too

I just don't like Cousins enough for the money he'll probably cost. If they could get Jimmy G for a decent price I wouldn't mind that. At the beginning of the season I assumed Mahomes would take over in KC and Smith would be PERFECT here. But, Smith is playing so well, I just don't see them letting him go.

Eli will be 37 next year, Brees 39. Unless they are dirt cheap I wouldn't be interested.

I wonder what the chances are of Blake agreeing to be the new Henne at a greatly reduced rate?

(10-09-2017, 11:40 PM)newporttom Wrote: I just don't like Cousins enough for the money he'll probably cost.  If they could get Jimmy G for a decent price I wouldn't mind that.  At the beginning of the season I assumed Mahomes would take over in KC and Smith would be PERFECT here.  But, Smith is playing so well, I just don't see them letting him go.

Eli will be 37 next year, Brees 39.  Unless they are dirt cheap I wouldn't be interested.

I wonder what the chances are of Blake agreeing to be the new Henne at a greatly reduced rate?

Id take one of those vets to play a year while the rookie sits

I don't see much chance the chiefs let go of Smith.