Create Account

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
Jags secondary needs a catchy name

The Pick 6 Crew That Also Enjoys Defending Passes!

Nick names are dumb.
Huh

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

Picksonville

Khazad-doom (You Shall Not Pass!)

(10-09-2017, 11:46 PM)JaguarsWoman Wrote:
(10-09-2017, 10:44 PM)CAPTAIN Wrote: The Pick 6 Press Conference

Sounds weird. And it's kinda early to be handing out monikers.

Telvin Smith and Dante Fowler also scored on interceptions, so it would not work for just the DBs.

The Jaguars did not waste time giving their defensive line a catchy nickname after one game, so apparently it is not too early.

Dante Fowler has not scored on an interception. Any real Jaguars fan would know that.

The castration station. We will take your balls! ?

(10-10-2017, 02:25 AM)FreeAgent01 Wrote: I second that as an A+ picture.

Most of these are really dumb (read: all).  Sacksonville is already a catchy name for the defense.  How many names does it need?  The closest to an okay sounding nickname (it's still dumb) is Thundercats, but that would imply a secondary with big hitters.  We don't have that.  Let them call themselves whatever they want if they want a nickname.

If we did not already have the moniker Sacksonville (which I love), a passing-related nickname for the whole defense would be good.

Apparently you missed the point of this thread: make up a nickname to use on the forum for our personal use. We know it is not going to catch on in the team's locker room.

Welcome to Sacksonville.... next stop Pick City!

(This post was last modified: 10-10-2017, 10:40 AM by Kotite.)

Smash and Grab
Pick and Roll
Flyswatters

Dikembe Nofunzone
Only a chump boos the home team!

(10-09-2017, 09:16 PM)sfljaguarsfan Wrote: The Duval Wall

Like it for the D line

(10-10-2017, 10:26 AM)JaguarsWoman Wrote:
(10-10-2017, 02:25 AM)FreeAgent01 Wrote: I second that as an A+ picture.

Most of these are really dumb (read: all).  Sacksonville is already a catchy name for the defense.  How many names does it need?  The closest to an okay sounding nickname (it's still dumb) is Thundercats, but that would imply a secondary with big hitters.  We don't have that.  Let them call themselves whatever they want if they want a nickname.

If we did not already have the moniker Sacksonville (which I love), a passing-related nickname for the whole defense would be good.

Apparently you missed the point of this thread: make up a nickname to use on the forum for our personal use. We know it is not going to catch on in the team's locker room.

Never read anywhere where it said it's for board use only. Either way, it is still dumb.

But you have fun with that.

(10-09-2017, 04:22 PM)Jagsfan32277 Wrote: No Fly Zone

for the passing game? yeah that makes sense

You could always call the Jags passing game the "No Fly Zone"
[Image: V9hW2kPAQr8S1Jxg.jpg]

(10-10-2017, 10:49 AM)JagsorDie Wrote:
(10-09-2017, 09:16 PM)sfljaguarsfan Wrote: The Duval Wall

Like it for the D line

I do too but Sacksonville is official and I can't complain about that.

(This post was last modified: 10-10-2017, 11:07 AM by RicoTx.)

The Cat Sweaters

Four (Sometimes Five) Guys that Play in the Defensive Backfield for Jacksonville
[Image: IMG-1452.jpg]

This thread makes me laugh. Nickname policewoman is starting to get annoying though. I think I'll stop reading here... At the end of the thread... I'm a rock.

DuVault isn't getting enough love!

Bold City Blanket

(10-10-2017, 10:59 AM)JaguarsWoman Wrote:
(10-10-2017, 10:49 AM)JagsorDie Wrote: Like it for the D line

I do too but Sacksonville is official and I can't complain about that.

It can't be official without the ****
“An empty vessel makes the loudest sound, so they that have the least wit are the greatest babblers.”. - Plato

(10-10-2017, 12:26 AM)JaguarsWoman Wrote:
(10-10-2017, 12:15 AM)JagFanatic24 Wrote: I got it....

Pick City!

That is still including the linebackers. Anything related to interceptions must be for the whole defense because we have guys on all three levels who scored off turnovers.

Who made you the nickname boss?

I agree with others in saying you shouldn't force a nickname.  They're only 5 games in and a nickname will come with time.

5G Coverage

(10-09-2017, 04:56 PM)The Real Marty Wrote: The New Originals

Thank you for this. Made my day.