Create Account

Board Performance Issues We are aware of performance issues on the board and are working to resolve them! The board may be intermittently unavailable during this time. (May 07) x

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
Jags secondary needs a catchy name

(10-10-2017, 09:50 AM)HolsterHusto Wrote:
(10-09-2017, 11:46 PM)JaguarsWoman Wrote: Telvin Smith and Dante Fowler also scored on interceptions, so it would not work for just the DBs.

The Jaguars did not waste time giving their defensive line a catchy nickname after one game, so apparently it is not too early.

Dante Fowler has not scored on an interception. Any real Jaguars fan would know that.

I cannot like this post enough.

You are a gentleman and a scholar.  And can identify (and subtlely satire) those who are not.

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

(10-11-2017, 12:12 PM)Jaguarmeister Wrote: Guys...  it's Steve.  Just accept it and get behind it so we can move on.

The donkey's name in The Waterboy is Steve.

Steve happens to bunk in the family room and whenever he gets thirsty, he takes a drink out of the toilet. Big Grin 

Looking to troll? Don't bother, we supply our own.

No Man's Sky

May as well shut the thread down now. We have our answer in Steve.

Sacksonville and Steve. Now we need a name for the linebackers.

They cannot be left out!

(This post was last modified: 10-11-2017, 03:35 PM by FreeAgent01.)

(10-11-2017, 02:16 PM)haveaseat Wrote: No Man's Sky

Might want to stay far, far away from that association.

(10-11-2017, 02:39 PM)Scarecrow Wrote: May as well shut the thread down now. We have our answer in Steve.

Sacksonville and Steve. Now we need a name for the linebackers.

They cannot be left out!

I think they want to go by William. But they are more of a Billy or Mac or Buddy.

(This post was last modified: 10-11-2017, 06:14 PM by Jags.)

(10-11-2017, 02:39 PM)Scarecrow Wrote: May as well shut the thread down now.  We have our answer in Steve.

Sacksonville and Steve.  Now we need a name for the linebackers.

They cannot be left out!

I’ll throw in the name “Todd” for the LB’s.   Steve and Todd.

So whenever Ramsey picks one off or Bouye breaks up a pass, we all yell “Steeeeeeeeeveeee!”? I just wanna make sure. I don’t wanna be the only one out of 60k people yelling “Steve”.

We're here to help the Jags name their saucy defense

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap3000000...cy-defense

The Jacksonville Jaguars are asking for help coming up with a nickname for their defense and secondary. Dan Hanzus is here to help.

(This post was last modified: 10-11-2017, 07:37 PM by JaguarsWoman.)

So far in another thread we have suggested:

Teal Curtain
Air Force 5
Thundercats
Duval Wall
DuVault

and some that were really stupid.

#Sacksonville is already their official Twitter handle.

FWIW Dan Hanzus specializes in making something out of nothing. People who don't have broken sarcasm meters probably understand him better than I ever will.

I heard somebody say we had a Bonnie And Clyde defense. They didn't explain why

(This post was last modified: 10-11-2017, 07:44 PM by JaguarsWoman.)

(10-11-2017, 09:45 AM)JagFanatic24 Wrote: I like the Bermuda Triangle. And no jdub, it doesn't have to reference a 3 sided object which doesn't include the 4th player.

It's more along the lines if you enter the Bermuda Triangle, you could get lost...

What does getting lost have to do with defensive statistics?

BTW there is no landslide vote here. That would mean most Jaguars fans like the same nickname.

Not to sway from the obvious that Steve is the nickname for the Jaguars secondary, but I just noticed a cool stat...

Tashaun Gipson is tied for 2nd in the league with 3 INTs. The Colts Malik Hooker also has 3, and the Bills Micah Hyde has 4.
'02

Jaxson 5

(10-11-2017, 08:05 PM)areed018 Wrote: Jaxson 5

I don't like it.

Enter at own risk, get lost, crash, wreck, go mossing, etc. Etc. Etc.

I don't know. I give up with explaining it to ya.

Stat Stuffers. Wrecking Crew.

But man the cool names are already taken. The Purple People Eaters. Monsters of the Midway. No name defense. Orange Crush. Steal Curtain.

You guys gotta be kidding with the name Steve.

But this defense of ours will need to do something historic and be an all time defense in order for a nickname to stick. I don't even think the 2000 Ravens team had a nickname. It's just known as the best defense ever.

Sacksonville is ok...but our 2007 defense was better. And so was our 99 defense with Tony Brackens and Kevin Hardy and DD and Aaron BbbbbEeeasly. Misses Beasley (Berman voice)

Think it's too late, we're rolling with Sacksonville.

Steeeeeeeve.
[Image: IMG-1452.jpg]

I thought Teal Team Six is pretty good.

“Motivation alone is not enough.  If you have an idiot and you motivate him,now you have a motivated idiot.” Jim Rohn

(10-11-2017, 08:22 PM)Inziladun Wrote: Think it's too late, we're rolling with Sacksonville.

Now they want a nickname for the secondary. Sacksonville is just for the defensive line.

(10-11-2017, 08:57 PM)Rico Wrote: Steeeeeeeve.

[Image: QibZv.png]
What in the Wide Wide World of Sports is agoin' on here???

The Bank Robbers.

Or Steve. That's ok too.
“An empty vessel makes the loudest sound, so they that have the least wit are the greatest babblers.”. - Plato