Create Account

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
Jags secondary needs a catchy name

(10-09-2017, 09:34 PM)HolsterHusto Wrote: The Jackson 5

I like this one too. My votes are River Town Lockdown and Jackson 5 so far as best two.

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

(This post was last modified: 10-09-2017, 10:02 PM by HandsomeRob86.)

(10-09-2017, 08:51 PM)ITzBruJiN Wrote: Since we had our coming out party against the hall of fame QB of the Steelers, in the Steel City.. Why not

The Teal Curtain

Admitedly I have always liked this nickname since I first heard it in 2007 when we beat the steelers.

Duval Wall has a nice ring to it too.

Thunder cats kind of fits in with the cartoonish nicknames like Legion of Boom.

Yes, it's improvement, but it's Blaine Gabbert 2012 level improvement. - Pirkster

http://youtu.be/ouGM3NWpjxk The Home Hypnotist!

http://youtu.be/XQRFkn0Ly3A Media on the Brain Link!

Quote:Peyton must store oxygen in that forehead of his. No way I'd still be alive after all that choking.

The Cat Sweaters

[Image: ezgif-5-b2a80726c8.gif]

(10-09-2017, 10:00 PM)HandsomeRob86 Wrote:
(10-09-2017, 08:51 PM)ITzBruJiN Wrote: Since we had our coming out party against the hall of fame QB of the Steelers, in the Steel City.. Why not

The Teal Curtain

Admitedly I have always liked this nickname since I first heard it in 2007 when we beat the steelers.

Duval Wall has a nice ring to it too.

Thunder cats kind of fits in with the cartoonish nicknames like Legion of Boom.

Teal Curtain and Duval Wall sound like defensive line nicknames. Because the secondary has two levels, they don't really fit the group we are discussing. But I would like them if they had not officially named it Sacksonville (although that one is awesome too).

(This post was last modified: 10-09-2017, 10:17 PM by flgatorsandjags.)

[Image: 22366299_10155689574340675_2574969832121...e=5A46CD2F]

The Pick 6 Press Conference

Sounds weird. And it's kinda early to be handing out monikers.

I saw one on FB fan page that was OK. Men of sTeal. Exactly how it was spelt, the T was capital. Get it though? They intercept (aka take the ball away, steal from the offense) and it also plays into our old primary color, teal!

The best one so far (and by far) is the Jackson 5.

PS - There are about 50 cities in the US that think of themselves as The River City. Outside of NE Florida absolutely no one thinks of Jax when they hear River City. And...hate to say it outside of Jax, they think it's pretty stupid to yell Duval.

(10-09-2017, 11:22 PM)Fnewporttom Wrote: The best one so far (and by far) is the Jackson 5.

PS - There are about 50 cities in the US that think of themselves as The River City.   Outside of NE Florida absolutely no one thinks of Jax when they hear River City.   And...hate to say it outside of Jax, they think it's pretty stupid to yell Duval.

Honestly, I thought Portland was The River City.

(10-09-2017, 11:26 PM)Senor Fantastico Wrote:
(10-09-2017, 11:22 PM)Fnewporttom Wrote: The best one so far (and by far) is the Jackson 5.

PS - There are about 50 cities in the US that think of themselves as The River City.   Outside of NE Florida absolutely no one thinks of Jax when they hear River City.   And...hate to say it outside of Jax, they think it's pretty stupid to yell Duval.

Honestly, I thought Portland was The River City.

Ok.....make that 51 !!

(10-09-2017, 10:44 PM)CAPTAIN Wrote: The Pick 6 Press Conference

Sounds weird. And it's kinda early to be handing out monikers.

Telvin Smith and Dante Fowler also scored on interceptions, so it would not work for just the DBs.

The Jaguars did not waste time giving their defensive line a catchy nickname after one game, so apparently it is not too early.

I got it....

Pick City!

(10-10-2017, 12:15 AM)JagFanatic24 Wrote: I got it....

Pick City!

That is still including the linebackers. Anything related to interceptions must be for the whole defense because we have guys on all three levels who scored off turnovers.

(10-09-2017, 08:07 PM)JaguarsWoman Wrote:
(10-09-2017, 08:06 PM)boudreaumw Wrote: You like cats?

I have a cat. Big Grin 

I also think having a cat-themed nickname would be cool.

The Cat Burglars.

Sacksonville

It's so catchy the media is already using it.
'02

(10-09-2017, 10:17 PM)flgatorsandjags Wrote: [Image: 22366299_10155689574340675_2574969832121...e=5A46CD2F]

What a great shot. A+ picture

(This post was last modified: 10-10-2017, 02:26 AM by FreeAgent01.)

I second that as an A+ picture.

Most of these are really dumb (read: all). Sacksonville is already a catchy name for the defense. How many names does it need? The closest to an okay sounding nickname (it's still dumb) is Thundercats, but that would imply a secondary with big hitters. We don't have that. Let them call themselves whatever they want if they want a nickname.

(10-10-2017, 02:25 AM)FreeAgent01 Wrote: I second that as an A+ picture.

Most of these are really dumb (read: all).  Sacksonville is already a catchy name for the defense.  How many names does it need?  The closest to an okay sounding nickname (it's still dumb) is Thundercats, but that would imply a secondary with big hitters.  We don't have that.  Let them call themselves whatever they want if they want a nickname.

This exactly. ^^^^^

Never try and force a nickname. The players on this team will come up with a name and we'll all hear about it when it's released. 

We've played 5 games. They've been great, but it's still a small sample size. The nickname will come, just let it happen  naturally.

River Monsters

Jaguars' Secondary.
[Image: IMG-1452.jpg]