Create Account

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
I predict 4-0 this Quarter

I know I posted this prediction in the Steeler's game prediction thread, but I believe the Jaguars will go undefeated this quarter, putting themselves at 6-2 halfway through the season.  I believe that the Steeler's game will start an avalanche effect, and the bigger our confidence gets the more we'll continue to roll.  

I think we beat the Rams this week because this team wants to put back to back wins games desperately.  We'll pressure Goff this week and he'll throw a couple of picks.  Gurley is a hell of a player, but it won't be enough.  Give me the Jags 27-Rams 13.

Then we go to the Colts who still won't have Andrew Luck.  This will be the toughest game remaining of the quarter because of it being on the road, and because of the familiarity due to it being a division game.  I think we just squeak this one out 20-17.

The last game of the quarter will be at home against the Bengals.  The Bengals appear to have finally figured things out.  They'll be coming into Jacksonville after beating the Colts at home.  I think that we our secondary will shut down AJ Green, and outside of him they don't have much.  Jaguars 31 Bengals 17.

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

I would never predict this team to go 4-0. If our offense wasn't so suspect at converting through the air I'd say it's realistic. Otherwise, I'd predict 2-2. For whatever reason the Rams have always given us fits. I don't trust our run defense and Gurley is due for another big game. I think we bounce back and beat the Colts at Indy. Rivers has made a living decimating us every time. I could see us losing to the Chargers and then bouncing back to beat the Bengals at home.
No pain, no gain.

(10-09-2017, 06:38 PM)JaguarJosh05 Wrote: I would never predict this team to go 4-0. If our offense wasn't so suspect at converting through the air I'd say it's realistic. Otherwise, I'd predict 2-2. For whatever reason the Rams have always given us fits. I don't trust our run defense and Gurley is due for another big game. I think we bounce back and beat the Colts at Indy. Rivers has made a living decimating us every time. I could see us losing to the Chargers and then bouncing back to beat the Bengals at home.

I have the same concerns you have.

However, I like our chances better against Rivers and SD better this year than at any time since he's been in the league.  We can finally rush the passer, and we can cover on the second and 3rd levels.

Worst to 1st.  Curse Reversed!

Maybe, if we get like 8 defensive touchdowns over that stretch. More likely that we'll get a close game or two down the stretch and we won't be able to pull out for obvious unnamed reasons.

Bengals game is tough they have the #1 defense in the NFL at 4.2 yards per play even though talent wise they dont seem that good. We are not going to score 31 points.

Wishful thinking ? but not with our offense.

After looking at the schedule it is not hard to think this team could run off the next 7

So, Rams, Colts, Bengals Chargers, with only the Colts away, and a bye after the Colts game? No pushovers but nothing too scary, especially if you are the kind of team that goes to Pittsburgh and gives the Steelers an historical pounding. You have to figure the Jag offense will click in at least one of those games, making for one ridiculously easy win. I don't think Luck or no Luck will matter much in the Colts game, but if the Jags can win the division game at Indy, that will be big. I see 2-2 as a worst case scenario that will keep us solidly in the division race, but with a chance for 3-1 or 4-0 that will keep us firmly in the AFC South lead. I don't normally get ahead of the next week's game, but after Sunday it brings a different perspective about how the Jags might match up the rest of the year, and it's tempting to look ahead. I do like how Marrone has the team playing well in big games. What's the NFL winning percentage when a team gets a defensive score? Probably 85%. Doug and company are emphasizing the right things.

(10-09-2017, 06:40 PM)Bullseye Wrote:
(10-09-2017, 06:38 PM)JaguarJosh05 Wrote: I would never predict this team to go 4-0. If our offense wasn't so suspect at converting through the air I'd say it's realistic. Otherwise, I'd predict 2-2. For whatever reason the Rams have always given us fits. I don't trust our run defense and Gurley is due for another big game. I think we bounce back and beat the Colts at Indy. Rivers has made a living decimating us every time. I could see us losing to the Chargers and then bouncing back to beat the Bengals at home.

However, I like our chances better against Rivers and SD better this year than at any time since he's been in the league.  We can finally rush the passer, and we can cover on the second and 3rd levels.

Every time it looks like we should beat the Chargers on paper, they win by double digits anyway, even in Jacksonville. I know he has not seen Jalen Ramsey yet, but Philip Rivers has always been able to pick our defense apart no matter who is defending his passes. Injuries to all of his receivers did not help us either. I need to see it to believe it.

(10-09-2017, 08:02 PM)Byron LeftTown Wrote: So, Rams, Colts, Bengals Chargers, with only the Colts away, and a bye after the Colts game?  No pushovers but nothing too scary, especially if you are the kind of team that goes to Pittsburgh and gives the Steelers an historical pounding.  You have to figure the Jag offense will click in at least one of those games, making for one ridiculously easy win.  I don't think Luck or no Luck will matter much in the Colts game, but if the Jags can win the division game at Indy, that will be big.  I see 2-2 as a worst case scenario that will keep us solidly in the division race, but with a chance for 3-1 or 4-0 that will keep us firmly in the AFC South lead.  I don't normally get ahead of the next week's game, but after Sunday it brings a different perspective about how the Jags might match up the rest of the year, and it's tempting to look ahead.  I do like how Marrone has the team playing well in big games.  What's the NFL winning percentage when a team gets a defensive score? Probably 85%.  Doug and company are emphasizing the right things.

I ran the numbers on that in a thread a couple of years ago here.  Getting a defensive or special teams score puts a team in position to win the game better than 70% of the time which is still pretty impressive considering you're only focusing on 1 play in a 60 minute game.

It will be hard for this team to go on a run like that because they'll need the defense AND running game to be on point for each and every game.

I just don't see that happening in 4 straight games. Would love to be wrong though.

(10-09-2017, 09:44 PM)Senor Fantastico Wrote: It will be hard for this team to go on a run like that because they'll need the defense AND running game to be on point for each and every game.

I just don't see that happening in 4 straight games. Would love to be wrong though.

You are describing the exact formula we used in Pittsburgh to score 30 points. As long as we keep that formula, I am only worried about run defense. That said, I don't see four wins in a row.

LOL

Rivers' confidence level whenever he plays the Jags must be a 12/10.

I think we go 2-2 as well. Back to reality after losing a tough one to the Rams this weekend (At HOME!!!). The Jags tend to perform better at home the 2nd half of the season.

(10-09-2017, 09:44 PM)Senor Fantastico Wrote: It will be hard for this team to go on a run like that because they'll need the defense AND running game to be on point for each and every game.

Bortles can't do it every week, but he can pull a game out of his [BLEEP] and carry this team every once in awhile.

This is far and away the best team hes ever had around him. It's just a shame that we lost Robinson in week one, because this Offense and Bortles is absolutely different without him. He has always been Bortles' go to and now we finally have that Running game threat. We just don't have that #1 type of WR now, who can make the play on 3rd and long, like we had in the past with Robinson.

(10-09-2017, 06:40 PM)Bullseye Wrote:

Gus Bradley scares me. Say what you want about the guy but he's going to know Todd Wash defense inside and out. Best believe he'll give Rivers everything he'll need to pick us apart.
"Before you criticize a man, walk a mile in his shoes. That way, if he gets angry, he's a mile away and barefoot."

I predict we'll go 2-2, because it's the NFL, and everyone goes 2-2.

(10-09-2017, 07:17 PM)myrick31 Wrote: Bengals game is tough they have the #1 defense in the NFL at 4.2 yards per play even though talent wise they dont seem that good.  We are not going to score 31 points.

Meh,, the Bengals have played lousy teams most of this season so far. The only good team/tough game they've had was at Lambeau vs the Packers. 

To be fair though,, they had that game won and choked at the very end in a real "Bungle-Type" fashion. They had the Packers beat and blew it. 

I still think the Jags will win that game. Cicny's Oline stinks.

I'm going to go ahead and say we absolutely destroy the Chargers. This team can do so many more things that previous teams couldn't do. This whole west coast curse thing is just nonsense. This team has just been terrible for 10 years straight.

One thing I can finally say without hesitation is that QB's will want to come here. Any QB that is smart enough to know what 2+2 means knows that this team is just a QB away from possibly dominating like back in 1999 only without the 3 Titans losses.