Create Account

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
Who is the best QB in 2018's draft?

I would say Baker Mayfield but I'm sure somebody will come out of nowhere and climb draft boards. With Mayfield, he reminds me of a right handed Mark Brunell. If he was in this year's draft I would have traded the entire draft for him.

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

Sam Darnold

DARKSTAR = The Artist Formerly Known As HURRICANE!!!

Darnold is. Josh Allen is up there as well as Rosen. Mayfield may be in the top 5 QBs though.

I'm going to say Mason Rudolph.

Quote:I'm going to say Mason Rudolph.

Ditto on that, I think Darnold is but I like Rudolph for us

(This post was last modified: 05-02-2017, 02:24 PM by J-Mizzal.)

I dont get the Josh Allen love, if your gonna play for a small school like Wyoming and get picked high like that you should be dominate and not just high potential pick based on height and size and arm. This guy has crappy comp % and high INT rate going up against weak competition, he better improve that.

I'll take Lamar Jackson over him, who has similar comp %, but doesnt turn the ball over like him and is way freakishly athletic and playing better competition.

<B><FONT color=cyan>Jags this is your year</FONT></B>

He's likely not going to be the best QB in the 2018 draft, but I like Luke Falk. Good size, nice arm, very accurate. But he does play in an air-raid system. He might get lost in the shuffle with Rosen, Darnold and Allen potentially declaring, but he could fall to the Jaguars if they pick in the 10-18 range.

"They" are saying Darnold, but "they" said Goff, too.

It's seen as a stronger class for sure.

"You do your own thing in your own time. You should be proud."

Of all the write-ups I've read about these guys, the one that stuck in my mind most was the one which praised Darnold for his calmness and good decision making.

When you watch QBs like Rivers and Brady, I think it's those qualities which set them apart.

Darnold

Rosen

About 5 other guys

It's tough to say right now, but I'm glad we passed on a qb in this draft because there will be about 5 qbs in this upcoming draft that are better than any in this past draft

The Darnold
Make the Jags Great Again
Blake Bortles......YOU'RE FIRED!
Dave Caldwell.....YOU'RE FIRED!

Lamar Jackson

Everyone has listed the likely suspects... Darnold, Rosen, Jackson, Allen, etc....

A few guys who I think could fly up draft boards IF (big if) they show improvement next year.  First is Richard Lagow at Indiana.  First year starter last year after transferring in.  Big kid.  May have a little Ryan Mallett in him which isnt a compliment.  But I do think he is more athletic based on that TD reception against Mich St.  He'll need to take the next step of course and cut down on his INTs.  But I thought he got better as the year went on until a rough final game against Purdue... which they still won.  Anyways big guys with big arms and a little mobility will always draw the eyes of scouts.

Another guy who was a first year starter Ill be interested to see next year is Nic Fitzgerald at Miss St.  The guy is 6'5 but ran for nearly 1400 yards.  Reminded me of a more athletic Dak during Dak's first couple seasons.  Fitzgerald will obviously have to get better as a passer.  Comp% will need to come up.  But again that was the same story with Dak.  Fitzgerald will be a junior next year I believe so unless something magical happens, he may not come out until the 2019 draft.  But if he blows up as a passer next season, I could see him flying up draft boards and becoming an early entry. Again, big guy with a big arm that is athletic will draw the eyes of scouts.

poster formerly known as RFC17

Quote:Everyone has listed the likely suspects... Darnold, Rosen, Jackson, Allen, etc....

A few guys who I think could fly up draft boards IF (big if) they show improvement next year. First is Richard Lagow at Indiana. First year starter last year after transferring in. Big kid. May have a little Ryan Mallett in him which isnt a compliment. But I do think he is more athletic based on that TD reception against Mich St. He'll need to take the next step of course and cut down on his INTs. But I thought he got better as the year went on until a rough final game against Purdue... which they still won. Anyways big guys with big arms and a little mobility will always draw the eyes of scouts.

Another guy who was a first year starter Ill be interested to see next year is Nic Fitzgerald at Miss St. The guy is 6'5 but ran for nearly 1400 yards. Reminded me of a more athletic Dak during Dak's first couple seasons. Fitzgerald will obviously have to get better as a passer. Comp% will need to come up. But again that was the same story with Dak. Fitzgerald will be a junior next year I believe so unless something magical happens, he may not come out until the 2019 draft. But if he blows up as a passer next season, I could see him flying up draft boards and becoming an early entry. Again, big guy with a big arm that is athletic will draw the eyes of scouts.

Fitzgerald needs a ton of work...

Like you said he is comparable to Dak Prescott in that neither of them could hit the broad side of a barn in their 1st/2nd years at MS State.

If he can improve the way Dakota did by his Senior year he could be draft able but as it is...he needs a huge amount of work.

Right now it's got to be Darnold as the #1 Qb prospect. As far as the others go most of the Qb prospects have been touched on in this thread but I will throw in one more in the list. Quinton Flowers out of USF was insanely fun to watch last season. If you are a fan of Lamar Jackson then you'll be a big fan of Flowers. Led the Bulls to 11-2 with a Bowl win against South Carolina, threw 2812 yards at 63% with 24 TDs, and ran for 1530 yards with 18 TDs. Some pretty dynamic numbers.

Sam I Am Darnold!

Quote:Fitzgerald needs a ton of work...

Like you said he is comparable to Dak Prescott in that neither of them could hit the broad side of a barn in their 1st/2nd years at MS State.

If he can improve the way Dakota did by his Senior year he could be draft able but as it is...he needs a huge amount of work.

Yea he definitely has a lot of work to do to be an NFL quality passer.  Although I'd argue if he puts up the exact same numbers next year and left a year early, he'd still be drafted.  The guy has prototypical size and has natural all around talent.  And the NFL cares more about that than anything else.  

He finished last year throwing 2400 yards, 54% comp, 21/10 TD/INT, ran for 1400 yards and 16 TDs.  If he shows some improvement next year, Miss St has a good year and he finishes at lets say 3200 yards passing, 60% comp, 30/10 TD/INT which might bring down his rushing to say 1000 yards and 10 TDs.  With his size and and natural ability, I think he could move way up draft boards if he left early.

You look around the college landscape and there are so many QBs that you can rule out immediately.  They dont have the size or the arm.  So if you're gonna find someone that could surprise sneak up, think the best place is young QBs that have shown some production and have the natural ability.  And then see if they take a big step the next season.  Who knows, maybe he'll regress.  But I'll still want to watch.

poster formerly known as RFC17

(This post was last modified: 05-05-2017, 07:18 PM by BlueEyedJag.)

Quote:Yea he definitely has a lot of work to do to be an NFL quality passer. Although I'd argue if he puts up the exact same numbers next year and left a year early, he'd still be drafted. The guy has prototypical size and has natural all around talent. And the NFL cares more about that than anything else.

He finished last year throwing 2400 yards, 54% comp, 21/10 TD/INT, ran for 1400 yards and 16 TDs. If he shows some improvement next year, Miss St has a good year and he finishes at lets say 3200 yards passing, 60% comp, 30/10 TD/INT which might bring down his rushing to say 1000 yards and 10 TDs. With his size and and natural ability, I think he could move way up draft boards if he left early.

You look around the college landscape and there are so many QBs that you can rule out immediately. They dont have the size or the arm. So if you're gonna find someone that could surprise sneak up, think the best place is young QBs that have shown some production and have the natural ability. And then see if they take a big step the next season. Who knows, maybe he'll regress. But I'll still want to watch.
He just doesn't impress me as a passer at all right now. No "wow" throws and will often miss wide open guys.

1/3 of his production passing came against Massachusetts and Samford so take his passing stats with a grain of salt.

Prescott went 3400/3800 yards with around 30/10 TD/INT his final two years in the same offense yet still fell to the 4th.

I want Baker Mayfield