Create Account

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
Bortles Article: How to Win Without a Quarterback

(This post was last modified: 10-12-2017, 09:08 AM by leopold332002.)

(10-12-2017, 08:54 AM)Frailbones Wrote:
(10-12-2017, 08:49 AM)leopold332002 Wrote: You misunderstood my last post i'm saying that since i'm being accused of being a blake supporter which i am because he plays for this franchise i'm making the point of i will still be a fan of this franchise regardless if he's here on this roster or moved on elsewhere. We can question, dissect, defend and analyze this team as many way as we like and this message board gives us the platform to do it. I'm not questioning anybody's fanhood but i just wanted to make mines clear base on the resentment i get on here for defending blake at times. I do agree with you that his play can be better and the coaching staff needs to let him sink or swin and stop playing so scared all the time.
Sink or swim? Did you not watch Blake when they took the reigns off? He throws pick 6's. He turns it over way more than he does if they keep the reigns on him.

He has not thrown a pick 6 since this year so until that is the case take the training wheels off so we can see if this offense can go to another level. The pick 6's that had occurred in the last 3 years was because he were in obvious passing situations and made throws late but he has a running game now so lets see him do it under these circumstances.
[Image: giphy.gif]

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

(10-12-2017, 09:07 AM)leopold332002 Wrote:
(10-12-2017, 08:54 AM)Frailbones Wrote: Sink or swim? Did you not watch Blake when they took the reigns off? He throws pick 6's. He turns it over way more than he does if they keep the reigns on him.

He has not thrown a pick 6 since this year so until that is the case take the training wheels off so we can see if this offense can go to another level. The pick 6's that had occurred in the last 3 years was because he were in obvious passing situations and made throws late but he has a running game now so lets see him do it under these circumstances.
lol huh?

So we should wait for him to throw a pick 6 and then put the training wheels back on? Brilliant plan.

Are leopold and spacecoast the same guy?

(10-11-2017, 10:52 PM)lastonealive Wrote: What level of play is expected of a franchise QB? Outside of the likes of Brady and Manning they all regularly play garbage and commit turnovers when they need to carry their team.

Are you saying the NFL has only a few good QBs?

(10-12-2017, 10:31 AM)JaguarsWoman Wrote:
(10-11-2017, 10:52 PM)lastonealive Wrote: What level of play is expected of a franchise QB? Outside of the likes of Brady and Manning they all regularly play garbage and commit turnovers when they need to carry their team.

He's saying everyone has a bad game or two.

(10-12-2017, 10:33 AM)Frailbones Wrote:
(10-12-2017, 10:31 AM)JaguarsWoman Wrote: Are you saying the NFL has only a few good QBs?

He's saying everyone has a bad game or two.

Yes, even the GOAT has played some bad games.

(10-12-2017, 10:36 AM)JaguarsWoman Wrote:
(10-12-2017, 10:33 AM)Frailbones Wrote: He's saying everyone has a bad game or two.

Yes, even the GOAT has played some bad games.
Goats don't play football.

Any real Jaguars fan knows this.

(10-12-2017, 10:20 AM)Kane Wrote: Are leopold and spacecoast the same guy?

I don't know spacecoastjag and i believe he's out of Orlando and i live here in Jacksonville. If you like i can DM you my information and send my driver licence picture to you to show proof that we're two different individuals.
[Image: giphy.gif]

(10-11-2017, 08:16 PM)Jaguarrior Wrote:
(10-11-2017, 05:49 PM)NYC4jags Wrote: Patently false statement. ^ 

There were only five or six TDs in 2015 that qualify as "late w/ the game out of reach." 

Anyone with a brain knows we need to upgrade the QB position, but he was productive in 2015 and it was not that much garbage time. 
They were just forced to pass 35 plus times frequently because they were behind on the scoreboard. In many of those games they took the lead or made it very close into the fourth quarter.

Watch again. I saw every game. They were garbage.

LOL

I watched every game multiple times, sparky. I made notes on Blake's garbage time production. It was discussed here ad nauseum. Clearly you missed that. 

The exact grand total of everything Blake did when a game was out of reach in 2015 was 397 passing yards and 5 touchdowns. 
That means he threw for 4031 yards and 30 TDs in games that were either won, or were close late in the game. 

You need to know the difference between garbage time and playing from behind. The numbers don't tell the whole story on Blake's poor performance in many of those games and there's tons to critique, but your garbage time claims are just making you look stupid.

(10-12-2017, 11:10 AM)NYC4jags Wrote:
(10-11-2017, 08:16 PM)Jaguarrior Wrote: Watch again. I saw every game. They were garbage.

LOL

I watched every game multiple times, sparky. I made notes on Blake's garbage time production. It was discussed here ad nauseum. Clearly you missed that. 

The exact grand total of everything Blake did when a game was out of reach in 2015 was 397 passing yards and 5 touchdowns. 
That means he threw for 4031 yards and 30 TDs in games that were either won, or were close late in the game. 

You need to know the difference between garbage time and playing from behind. The numbers don't tell the whole story on Blake's poor performance in many of those games and there's tons to critique, but your garbage time claims are just making you look stupid.

What do you think you look like defending Bortles play?  Huh

(10-12-2017, 11:09 AM)leopold332002 Wrote:
(10-12-2017, 10:20 AM)Kane Wrote: Are leopold and spacecoast the same guy?

I don't know spacecoastjag and i believe he's out of Orlando and i live here in Jacksonville. If you like i can DM you my information and send my driver licence picture to you to show proof that we're two different individuals.

Nah... I'm good on that bruuuh lol

(10-12-2017, 02:40 PM)Jaguarrior Wrote: What do you think you look like defending Bortles play?

NYC was saying you are totally wrong about "garbage time" because it was rare for the Jaguars in 2015.

(10-12-2017, 02:40 PM)Jaguarrior Wrote:
(10-12-2017, 11:10 AM)NYC4jags Wrote: LOL

I believe he was just filling you in on the 2015 season, because you clearly never watched any of it.

BTW , Its Ric Flair- not Rick Flare Wallbash

(10-12-2017, 02:40 PM)Jaguarrior Wrote:
(10-12-2017, 11:10 AM)NYC4jags Wrote: LOL

I never defended his play. I'm one of his most outspoken critics. 

But hey, you just keep on digging that hole, man.

(10-12-2017, 05:12 PM)NYC4jags Wrote:
(10-12-2017, 02:40 PM)Jaguarrior Wrote: What do you think you look like defending Bortles play?  Huh

I never defended his play. I'm one of his most outspoken critics. 

But hey, you just keep on digging that hole, man.

Bortles has a huge family

(10-12-2017, 08:36 AM)leopold332002 Wrote:
(10-12-2017, 06:29 AM)Jags Wrote: The 3 wins this year came when the defense held the opponent to 9 or less points.  Decent QB play probably would have won the jets game.   I really have no idea why some are defending Blake.   But, whatever, we won’t have to hear from them next year.

So lee didn't cost us the game by not catching the ball or myers missing a 50 yd field goal or benn holding on Blake's game winner pass to Fournette? I guess you miss those things while being salty about the qb play and if Blake here or not next i'm still a Jaguar fan overall and has been one since November 30th 1993 and season ticket holder since 1997.

(10-12-2017, 07:34 AM)keeper88 Wrote: Of course, they all have bad games, but Bortles consistently throws bad (that’s not changing) and makes bad decisions. That’s not debatable, at least if we are having an intellectually honest discussion. Are you actually comparing Bortles ability as — passing/decision making/leadership — to those players’ overall body of work?  He’s not on the same page..

I want to have this intellectual conversation with you so please name the bad throws he has this year and as far as turnovers they are down from previous years. I think you're letting your perception of Blake get in the way of the reality of him and the other qb's around the league. So you like Phillip Rivers ability but he has more turnovers, and less wins than Blake but perception doesn't match reality in his can right?

Clearly this isn’t an intellectually honest discussion if you’re insinuating that Bortles hasn’t had a bunch of off the chart bad throws. I won’t waste my time with you any further. Truly incredible.

(10-10-2017, 05:42 PM)leopold332002 Wrote:
(10-10-2017, 05:39 PM)Jaguarrior Wrote: But why have a QB that can pull a London now and then? Why handicap your team in the first place? How many QB's have been passed up in free agency and draft that could have helped us? Just doesn't make sense.  Huh
He hasn't handicapped us so stop using false narrative because as I last check we do have a winning record and he has something to do with it even if he's not in the main reason for it.

It's not a false narrative. It's common knowledge for anyone who doesn't have their head buried in the sand.
What lies behind us, and what lies before us are tiny matters compared to what lies within us.

(10-12-2017, 10:31 AM)JaguarsWoman Wrote:

I'm saying the less a qb is relied on the better the perception of his play. If bortles wasn't already labelled a bad qb he would be getting praised right now.

(10-12-2017, 07:42 PM)lastonealive Wrote:
(10-12-2017, 10:31 AM)JaguarsWoman Wrote: Are you saying the NFL has only a few good QBs?

I'm saying the less a qb is relied on the better the perception of his play. If bortles wasn't already labelled a bad qb he would be getting praised right now.

Wow. Just... Wow.

Confused

(This post was last modified: 10-12-2017, 07:52 PM by lastonealive.)

Don't you remember the all he does is win narrative for Tebow and Vince Young. Hey big Ben's most successful era was when he barely did anything. Kaepernick too until he needed to carry a team. Rivers has had a few seasons where his play has been horribly mediocre. I bet Dak Prescott would be viewed very differently if on the jags teams bortles has been on.

Bortles isn't as bad as perception. He's just one of many qbs in the league who can't carry a team .