Create Account

Board Performance Issues We are aware of performance issues on the board and are working to resolve them! The board may be intermittently unavailable during this time. (May 07) x

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
Bortles Article: How to Win Without a Quarterback

(This post was last modified: 10-10-2017, 08:56 PM by atburg.)

(10-10-2017, 06:33 PM)Jaguarrior Wrote:
(10-10-2017, 06:27 PM)NYC4jags Wrote: It's simple. They wanted to see if he'd ever develop to the point where he'd be able to perform that way 
(the London game)  consistently. 

It would appear now that they have finally come to terms with that probably never happening. 

Personally -- I wanted them to draft a mid round QB last Spring (Peterman or Webb) to take over after the bye week if Bortles flames out.  They were apparently more committed to giving Blake another opportunity.

I get they wanted to see if he had what it took, but they still should have brought someone in. They had numerous chances and still do.

Bortles hasn't really shown after last season that he was a considerable franchise QB, so the fact they didn't make moves says they are wishful thinkers, too much ego or Bortles has someone family member hostage.

Just like this team is held hostage.

This "hostage" team in 3-2 and alone in first! I don't give a damn if they stick him on the field in a shark tank, and let the D, and the run game dominate!  I am enjoying pro football going into week 6 for the first time in a long time. So stop your whining and enjoy the ride, or take your Debbie downer $×+ somewhere else.

Messages In This Thread
RE: Bortles Article: How to Win Without a Quarterback - by atburg - 10-10-2017, 08:55 PM