Create Account

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
This Week in the AFC South-Week 6

(This post was last modified: 10-11-2017, 07:52 PM by Bullseye.)

I'm sure if you polled most Jaguars fans, you'd find that despite most being disappointed with the loss to the Jets, most are quite happy with being in first place at this time.  While being in sole possession of first pace going into week 6 guarantees nothing as far as the post season is concerned, it does guarantee that the Jaguars will be relevant as of midseason, which is more than what the team has been able to claim for a long time.  Meanwhile, Houston is dealing with not only their third loss of the season, but the loss of two defensive stalwarts on J.J. Watt and Whitney Mercilus.  The tacks are hoping to get Mariota back from a hamstring injury, while the Colts are coming off a win against the winless 49ers, but are still mired in a 3 way tie behind the Jags.
Speaking of mired, have you seen my record thus far?  Ugh.

Here are my thoughts and picks for week six...

L.A. Rams (3-2) at Jaguars (3-2)-I have picked every Jaguars game wrong to date.  Considering when I pick them to win they lose, and when I pick them to lose they win, I am sorely, sorely tempted to pick them to lose every week, int he spirit of taking several for the team.  But I think I will hold off on that, at least for another week.  I say that because the rams are coming off a tough loss against Seattle where their surprisingly effective offense was shut down by a still potent Seattle defense.  I think the Jaguars offer many of the same matchup problems against the Rams Seattle did.  I think both the Jags and Hawks have excellent secondaries capable of shutting down opposing passing games, but Seattle is better against the run, while the Jaguars have proven to have the better pass rush.  (Man I loved typing that!).  The Jaguars have a much better offensive line and rushing attack than Seattle, but do not have the QB.  The Rams have done most of their offensive damage against the weaker defensive teams, beating the Colts (31st in yards and last in points per game allowed), 49ers (28th in ypg and 22nd in ppg allowed) and Dallas (29th in ppg and 19th in ypg).I think it comes down to controlling Gurley.  I think we will.  Jaguars 20 Rams 13.

Browns (0-5) at Texans (2-3)-Both teams are starting inexperienced QBs.  Call me crazy, but I''d much rather go with Watson at home than Hogan on the road, even against a depleted Texans defense.  Texans win 24-14.

Colts (2-3) at Tacks (2-3)-I am rooting against the tacks here.  But even if Mariota is out, I think Tennessee at home is too strong for the Colts.  Tacks 21-Colts 17.

Last week:  1-3
Overall:  6-11

Worst to 1st.  Curse Reversed!

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

I can't really disagree with your analysis or picks Bullseye.  Here are my selections.

Jaguars - Though the Rams game has me nervous, I do think that the Jaguars defense comes up big again.  Maybe not as big as last week, but I do think that they are good enough to stop the Rams' very good offense.  It's also time for a win at Everbank.

Texans - Even with the loss of two very good defensive players, I think they still have enough to stop the mess that is the Browns right now.  Watson has been on fire fantasy wise, and I hope he keeps it up this week.

Titans - It's still not known if Mariotta is going to play or not, and even if he does he won't be 100% healthy.  That being said, the Colts are still a mess.

3 - 1 Last Week

10 - 7 Overall

There are 10 kinds of people in this world.  Those who understand binary and those who don't.

Rams at Jaguars
Yes, we play at 4:25, but that is still not as good as playing at home for the Rams. Jared Goff has not seen the NFL's #1 pass defense yet. The only offensive player we're likely to be in trouble with is Todd Gurley. After seeing a dominant win against the Steelers, I can't pick against the Jaguars.

Texans at Browns
Even without J.J. Watt and Whitney Mercilus the Texans can easily have a good day against Kevin Hogan. Deshaun Watson has shown a lot of promise and potential to be a good QB in the NFL. I hate picking the Texans but it would be hard to imagine the Browns winning this one.

Colts at Titans
I was surprised you did not mention Andrew Luck being out again. It is likely a battle of backup QBs. If Marcus Mariota plays, he will be gimpy and limited like Sam Bradford on MNF. I am picking the Titans either way because they have more talent and the Colts could not do much against three awful teams (Cardinals, Browns, and 49ers) without Luck.

Jaguars over Rams
Texans over Browns
Titans over Colts

12-5 overall
We learned in the Sunday School who made the sun shine through.  I know who made the moonshine too, back where I come from.

Rams at Jaguars - The Jags have the home field advantage, the biological clock advantage, and a stifling defense. But it's an even number week, so Rams 20, Jags 17.

Texans at Browns - The Browns are due to win a game. A few more losses and Hue Jackson will pass Gus Bradley as the worst coach of all time, and he's just not that bad. But this week, Texans 34, Browns 13.

Indy at Titans - Titans are hot and cold, Indy has been better than expected. Indy 14, tacks 7.

"Why should I give information to you when all you want to do is find something wrong with it?"

(This post was last modified: 10-11-2017, 09:52 PM by JaguarsWoman.)

(10-11-2017, 09:46 PM)MalabarJag Wrote: Rams at Jaguars - The Jags have the home field advantage, the biological clock advantage, and a stifling defense. But it's an even number week, so Rams 20, Jags 17.

Texans at Browns - The Browns are due to win a game. A few more losses and Hue Jackson will pass Gus Bradley as the worst coach of all time, and he's just not that bad. But this week, Texans 34, Browns 13.

Indy at Titans - Titans are hot and cold, Indy has been better than expected. Indy 14, tacks 7.

What does this mean? If you think the Jaguars will win, you should pick them no matter what your record is.

My picks are the Jaguars, Texans, and Titans.

(10-11-2017, 08:45 PM)jagibelieve Wrote: I can't really disagree with your analysis or picks Bullseye.  Here are my selections.

Jaguars - Though the Rams game has me nervous, I do think that the Jaguars defense comes up big again.  Maybe not as big as last week, but I do think that they are good enough to stop the Rams' very good offense.  It's also time for a win at Everbank.

Texans - Even with the loss of two very good defensive players, I think they still have enough to stop the mess that is the Browns right now.  Watson has been on fire fantasy wise, and I hope he keeps it up this week.

Titans - It's still not known if Mariotta is going to play or not, and even if he does he won't be 100% healthy.  That being said, the Colts are still a mess.

3 - 1 Last Week

10 - 7 Overall
I would be careful agreeing with me if I were you.  You see my record this year.

Worst to 1st.  Curse Reversed!

(10-12-2017, 12:42 AM)Bullseye Wrote: I would be careful agreeing with me if I were you. You see my record this year.

Last week I wanted a 1-3 record because it would help the Jaguars. Unfortunately I was 2-2.

Last week: 2-2

Overall: 11-6

Jaguars

Titans

Texans
'02

This week's a tough one. It could go either way. I'm thinking it shakes out like this:

Jags
Texans
Colts

I'm not sure why, but I think Indy's gonna pull this one out.

3-1 last week
11-6 overall

(This post was last modified: 10-12-2017, 09:45 AM by SeldomRite.)

Jags, texans, titans.

Time for the Jaguars to put on their big boy pants and win a game at home and two games in a row. Teams going across the country should lose, home teams should win. Time for the Jaguars to start doing what they should do.

Texans are playing the browns. Enough said.

titans have the better roster than the colts even if they have lost 100 in a row to them. Time for them to finally break that streak.

Rams at Jags - The Rams have an offense that has shown potential at times and a defense that has done the same. They lack consistency much like the Jags. I really feel like we have the better overall team, but I have no confidence in back to back wins or that we get a win at home. This is a coin flip for me, but history dictates the pick. 20-17 Rams

tinhorns at Browns - The Browns record doesn't show their true potential. Their defense isn't that bad (#5 total), and they've played tough. On the other side, the tinhorns are decimated with injuries. I'm reaching and calling it a Browns win! 17-10 Browns

clots at tacks - This is a battle of who I hate the most or who I fear the least. Strictly an emotional pick. I can't stand either team, but I don't fear the clots. Even though their delusional fans believe they are taking the division, let them have this false hope and steal one from the tacks. 27-20 clots

2-2 last week
9-8 overall
[Image: Ben-Roethlisberger_Lerentee-McCary-Sack_...ayoffs.jpg]

Last Week: 2-2
Overall: 6-11

This week:
Rams
tinhorns
tacks

Here's hoping I go 0-3

8-3 overall.

I'm going to go with

Texans

tittians

Jags

snowwolf titans owner in madden.

note titans owner means im undeafted againest them. 

2-2 last week, 10-7 overall

Texans over Browns (Watson effect)
Colts over Titans (Mularkey effect)
Rams over Jags (Bullseye effect)
"We believe in victory!"   - Gus Bradley
"I don't want to believe.  I want to know."   - Carl Sagan

(10-12-2017, 04:35 PM)KodiakJag Wrote: 2-2 last week, 10-7 overall

Texans over Browns (Watson effect)
Colts over Titans (Mularkey effect)
Rams over Jags (Bullseye effect)

What is the Mularkey effect?

Gotta give us the back to back wins finally. Would live for Cleveland to win but doubt it, and Monday comes down to if Mariota starts or not. As of right now:

Jax
Hou
Indy (contingent on Cassel starting)

2-2 last week
9-8 overall.

I'll come back to adjust my prediction if Mariota gets the go.
IT WAS ALWAYS THE JAGS

(10-12-2017, 08:39 PM)imtheblkranger Wrote: Gotta give us the back to back wins finally. Would live for Cleveland to win but doubt it, and Monday comes down to if Mariota starts or not. As of right now:

Jax
Hou
Indy (contingent on Cassel starting)

2-2 last week
9-8 overall.

I'll come back to adjust my prediction if Mariota gets the go.

Even if Mariota plays, he will not be more mobile than Cassel.

Colts are surging, I like them to make it to 3-3, plus I feel like we match up way better vs them than Tennessee and would rather them get some early wins, simply to crush them later in the year Luck or not.

24-10 Colts

I don't see Houston losing, Watson is getting loads of attention(hes not that great) and hype... I think he comes back to earth this week, but Houston still gets a W

17-10 Texans

Last but not least, our boys should be able to cancel out the Rams pass game, and focus on stopping the run. The question remains, can we contain/block their front? If we manage to, we should win this game. I think we get it done on a traveling west coast team..

20-16 Jaguars.

LAR @ JAX  

Man, it's been a while since I've typed / written / said "LA Rams"! Anyway... What scares me about this is Wade Philips coming to town with that 5 - 2 Defensive front and a bunch of LBs. That being said, they have also had three games this season where they have given up 27+ points. So maybe they aren't completely invulnerable.

McVeigh is the flavor of the week right now in terms of "young, Offensive minded coach" but it sure did seem like Seattle shined a light on how to slow down that offense. McVeigh has racked up points, but he's done it versus some sub par competition. Stop Gurley, drop the LBs into coverage and make Goff beat you. That being said, don't let Goff beat you. 

I think they do it at home since them LA boys are getting their first taste of Southern Heat and Humidity this season. 24 - 13 JAX

CLE @ HOU

I have no idea. This feels like a game where a Bo'B team loses faith since their Church Youth Leader, J.J. Watt, is out for the season ... again. Then again, it's the Browns and they've just made a QB switch ... again. Whatever, go with the slightly better roster at home. Houston wins by a JJ Watt lettermen jacket. 21 - 3 HOU

IND @ TENN

Let's be real here, Indy's offense is sunk without Luck. Yes, they've put up some number versus Cleveland and San Fran, but who hasn't? LeBeau is going to throw everything but the kitchen sink at Brissett, then go ahead and throw the sink at him anyway. Tennessee wins by four drops of relative humidity. 24 - 14 TENN 
I'm trying to make myself more informed and less opinionated.

Stop saying whatever stupid thing you're talking about and pay attention to all the interesting things I have to say!