Create Account

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
Griff's QB Mid-Season Rankings

(10-25-2017, 07:16 PM)flgatorsandjags Wrote:
(10-25-2017, 06:50 PM)JackCity Wrote: These are all givens though. I thought Deshaun Watson was an elite prospect but he didn't go #1. I thought Mahomes was an elite prospect but he didn't go #1.  Elite prospects don't always go #1 or where they are supposed to. 

He's already a better passer than Vick was at this point and comparable as a runner and athlete so yeah I'd call him a better prospect than Vick. Cam is and was a better passer coming out. He isn't quite as good as him.

You thought Mahomes and Watson were elite prospects?
Yep. Evidently the NFL agreed.

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

(This post was last modified: 10-26-2017, 01:06 PM by flgatorsandjags.)

(10-26-2017, 01:51 AM)JackCity Wrote:
(10-25-2017, 07:16 PM)flgatorsandjags Wrote: You thought Mahomes and Watson were elite prospects?
Yep. Evidently the NFL agreed.

QBs don't fall that far in the draft if they are elite prospects.  If they were elite prospects teams would of been trading up within the first couple picks to draft them. Trying to remember if you were one of the guys that thought Teddy was the next Peyton Manning lol?

(10-26-2017, 01:05 PM)flgatorsandjags Wrote:
(10-26-2017, 01:51 AM)JackCity Wrote: Yep. Evidently the NFL agreed.

QBs don't fall that far in the draft if they are elite prospects.  If they were elite prospects teams would of been trading up within the first couple picks to draft them.  Trying to remember if you were one of the guys that thought Teddy was the next Peyton Manning lol?
The teams that drafted them thought they were elite QB prospects so where does that leave you?  Based on what BOB, and Reid said they didn't think they would make it near them.

Nah , I'm not sure I even posted here much during that time period. I liked Conor Shaw and Tom Savage that year but not as elite guys of course.

Pretty sure Aaron Rodgers was an elite prospect.

I think this class of QBs has the potential to be very deep...someone is going to fall even though someone somewhere has him as the #1 QB.

Rudolph, Rosen, Jackson, Darnold, Allen, Mayfield have all been at one point or another highly hyped or the best QB in this class by some pundit. Then you have Finley, Ferguson, and some other QBs that are inevitably going to shoot up draft boards come Feb.

My dream scenario of OL/TE/Ferguson in the 3rd might become a 2nd round pick.

(10-26-2017, 02:34 PM)BlueEyedJag Wrote: I think this class of QBs has the potential to be very deep...someone is going to fall even though someone somewhere has him as the #1 QB.

Rudolph, Rosen, Jackson, Darnold, Allen, Mayfield have all been at one point or another highly hyped or the best QB in this class by some pundit.  Then you have Finley, Ferguson, and some other QBs  that are inevitably going to shoot up draft boards come Feb.

I really believe Ferguson will either be a high 2nd round selection or possibly a very late 1st rounder before all is said and done.

(10-26-2017, 02:34 PM)BlueEyedJag Wrote: I think this class of QBs has the potential to be very deep...someone is going to fall even though someone somewhere has him as the #1 QB.

Rudolph, Rosen, Jackson, Darnold, Allen, Mayfield have all been at one point or another highly hyped or the best QB in this class by some pundit.  Then you have Finley, Ferguson, and some other QBs  that are inevitably going to shoot up draft boards come Feb.

Finley

(10-26-2017, 03:59 PM)flgatorsandjags Wrote:

Finley

I would be o.k. with that, but I don't believe Finley will be entering the draft this year. I see him entering in the 2019 draft and if he continues playing like he is now, he could be a first rounder.

(10-26-2017, 08:22 PM)TheO-LineMatters Wrote:
(10-26-2017, 03:59 PM)flgatorsandjags Wrote: Finley

I would be o.k. with that, but I don't believe Finley will be entering the draft this year. I see him entering in the 2019 draft and if he continues playing like he is now, he could be a first rounder.

lol, you say that with almost all the Jr. QBs

(10-26-2017, 08:24 PM)flgatorsandjags Wrote:
(10-26-2017, 08:22 PM)TheO-LineMatters Wrote: I would be o.k. with that, but I don't believe Finley will be entering the draft this year. I see him entering in the 2019 draft and if he continues playing like he is now, he could be a first rounder.

lol, you say that with almost all the Jr. QBs

No. If they pretty much guaranteed to go in the first round, I believe they will come out early, but why would Finley come out early if he's only gonna be a late 2nd or early 3rd rounder? He's be much better off staying in school and coming out in 2019. I really believe he could be a first rounder then.

I'm no QB whisperer...... but watching Missouri vs Florida, the Missouri QB Lock looks really impressive. Quick release and accurate, big guy at 6-4 and he's a junior.

Finley 13/13 2 TDs 0 Ints

So far against that Clemson D

(11-04-2017, 04:45 PM)flgatorsandjags Wrote: Finley 13/13 2 TDs 0 Ints

Gimme Finley over Rudolph.

(11-04-2017, 04:50 PM)JackCity Wrote:
(11-04-2017, 04:45 PM)flgatorsandjags Wrote: Finley 13/13 2 TDs 0 Ints

Gimme Finley over Rudolph.

Rudolph just made a hell of a throw a minute ago for a TD

Its a shoot out in the Okl. Okl. St game

(This post was last modified: 11-04-2017, 05:34 PM by flgatorsandjags.)

Crazy watching Mayfield and Rudolph go at it. We gonna get one of those guys

(This post was last modified: 11-04-2017, 05:41 PM by luigi.)

(11-04-2017, 05:34 PM)flgatorsandjags Wrote: Crazy watching Mayfield and Rudolph go at it. We gonna get one of those guys

Agreed, who would you rather have?

(11-04-2017, 05:37 PM)luigi Wrote:
(11-04-2017, 05:34 PM)flgatorsandjags Wrote: Crazy watching Mayfield and Rudolph go at it.  We gonna get one of those guys

Agreed, who do you rather have?

I don't know man, I like both

Zaire #1?
Coughlin when asked if winning will be a focus: "What the hell else is there? This is nice and dandy, but winning is what all this is about."

I love Mayfield. Such poise under pressure.
Original Season Ticket Holder - Retired  1995 - 2020

At some point you just have to let go of what you thought should happen and live in what is happening.