Create Account

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
Griff's QB Mid-Season Rankings

(11-04-2017, 04:56 PM)flgatorsandjags Wrote:
(11-04-2017, 04:50 PM)JackCity Wrote: Gimme Finley over Rudolph.

Rudolph just made a hell of a throw a minute ago for a TD
Yup he has great touch. Just too many Qs about his game compared to the other guys this year.

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

Mayfield all day

Baker QB#1 baby. He's the full package. I'd take him top 10 without a shadow of a doubt

Brunell
Byron
(DG)
Blaine
Blake
Baker

(11-04-2017, 07:35 PM)JAXsonVIL Wrote: Brunell
Byron
(DG)
Blaine
Blake
Baker

Yup. Can't take Mayfield for this exact reason.
IT WAS ALWAYS THE JAGS

Mayfield may of put himself at the top of teams QB boards. Wow.

(This post was last modified: 11-04-2017, 09:42 PM by TheO-LineMatters.)

What a great game. Rudolph and Mayfield are both at the top of my QB draft board. Very little separates them at this point. I'd be ecstatic to draft either guy and I'm all in. After watching these guys today, I believe there is a chance, they may be the top two QB's taken in the draft. I wanna trade up, (which is something I'm normally 100% against.) Getting a franchise QB may be that one missing piece that gets us to the promised land though and I don't wanna screw this up. As soon as the season ends, I'd be on the phone with the Niners, Browns and Giants to see what the asking price is to move up. I'd pretty much be prepared to give up whatever picks they want, but I would continue to negotiate in order to get us the best deal possible. No sense in giving up a mint, if we don't have to. If the asking price is high though and they aren't budging, I pay it. Just this one time. I love these two QB's. I'm also a fan of Josh Rosen as well, but this is the second season in a row where he has missed multiple games due to injury and that is concerning. Darnold is playing much better, but I still have him way behind Rudolph and Mayfield. On top of that, he still hasn't addressed his mechanical issues. Rudolph and Mayfield are definitely my guys going into this draft. I'm gonna be so incredibly disappointed if we don't draft one of them. I see both being NFL stars.

(This post was last modified: 11-04-2017, 10:06 PM by flgatorsandjags.)

(11-04-2017, 09:41 PM)TheO-LineMatters Wrote: What a great game. Rudolph and Mayfield are both at the top of my QB draft board. Very little separates them at this point. I'd be ecstatic to draft either guy and I'm all in. After watching these guys today, I believe there is a chance, they may be the top two QB's taken in the draft. I wanna trade up, (which is something I'm normally 100% against.) Getting a franchise QB may be that one missing piece that gets us to the promised land though and I don't wanna screw this up. As soon as the season ends, I'd be on the phone with the Niners, Browns and Giants to see what the asking price is to move up. I'd pretty much be prepared to give up whatever picks they want, but I would continue to negotiate in order to get us the best deal possible. No sense in giving up a mint, if we don't have to. If the asking price is high though and they aren't budging, I pay it. Just this one time. I love these two QB's. I'm also a fan of Josh Rosen as well, but this is the second season in a row where he has missed multiple games due to injury and that is concerning. Darnold is playing much better, but I still have him way behind Rudolph and Mayfield. On top of that, he still hasn't addressed his mechanical issues. Rudolph and Mayfield are definitely my guys going into this draft. I'm gonna be so incredibly disappointed if we don't draft one of them. I see both being NFL stars.
There is a possibility we will be picking in the 20s.  You don't just move up in the top 5 and give teams what ever they want.  That is a Gene Smith type move, I'm good for moving up but there us a limit.  You would be a GM the teams in the top 5 would take advantage of.  No QB is ever a guarantee.  There will be a good QB when we pick or in the teens where we won't have to give up so much

If we get Cousins we won't be getting neither. I could see us getting Finley

Im fine with any of Jackson, Rosen, Mayfield, Darnold, and Rudolph... from year 2000 to date (only info i could fine without going too deep into it, which I could but got lazy)... never has there been 5 QBs taken in first round. One of them will be there for the Jags.

(11-04-2017, 10:05 PM)flgatorsandjags Wrote:
(11-04-2017, 09:41 PM)TheO-LineMatters Wrote: What a great game. Rudolph and Mayfield are both at the top of my QB draft board. Very little separates them at this point. I'd be ecstatic to draft either guy and I'm all in. After watching these guys today, I believe there is a chance, they may be the top two QB's taken in the draft. I wanna trade up, (which is something I'm normally 100% against.) Getting a franchise QB may be that one missing piece that gets us to the promised land though and I don't wanna screw this up. As soon as the season ends, I'd be on the phone with the Niners, Browns and Giants to see what the asking price is to move up. I'd pretty much be prepared to give up whatever picks they want, but I would continue to negotiate in order to get us the best deal possible. No sense in giving up a mint, if we don't have to. If the asking price is high though and they aren't budging, I pay it. Just this one time. I love these two QB's. I'm also a fan of Josh Rosen as well, but this is the second season in a row where he has missed multiple games due to injury and that is concerning. Darnold is playing much better, but I still have him way behind Rudolph and Mayfield. On top of that, he still hasn't addressed his mechanical issues. Rudolph and Mayfield are definitely my guys going into this draft. I'm gonna be so incredibly disappointed if we don't draft one of them. I see both being NFL stars.
There is a possibility we will be picking in the 20s.  You don't just move up in the top 5 and give teams what ever they want.  That is a Gene Smith type move, I'm good for moving up but there us a limit.  You would be a GM the teams in the top 5 would take advantage of.  No QB is ever a guarantee.  There will be a good QB when we pick or in the teens where we won't have to give up so much

If we get Cousins we won't be getting neither.  I could see us getting Finley

There will be QB's on the board when we pick, but unless their name is either Rudolph, Mayfield or even Rosen, I don't want them. You have to have clear targets in mind, especially at QB, when going into the draft. Rudolph and Mayfield are my targets. Those are the guys I see as franchise QB's. The Browns filled other positions last year and settled on a second round QB. Look what that got them.

(11-04-2017, 11:08 PM)TheO-LineMatters Wrote:
(11-04-2017, 10:05 PM)flgatorsandjags Wrote: There is a possibility we will be picking in the 20s.  You don't just move up in the top 5 and give teams what ever they want.  That is a Gene Smith type move, I'm good for moving up but there us a limit.  You would be a GM the teams in the top 5 would take advantage of.  No QB is ever a guarantee.  There will be a good QB when we pick or in the teens where we won't have to give up so much

If we get Cousins we won't be getting neither.  I could see us getting Finley

There will be QB's on the board when we pick, but unless their name is either Rudolph, Mayfield or even Rosen, I don't want them. You have to have clear targets in mind, especially at QB, when going into the draft. Rudolph and Mayfield are my targets. Those are the guys I see as franchise QB's. The Browns filled other positions last year and settled on a second round QB. Look what that got them.
You have to have targets but if the top guys go early and we pick in the 20s I feel there will be some good QBs at good value in rounds 2 or 3

(11-04-2017, 11:42 PM)flgatorsandjags Wrote:
(11-04-2017, 11:08 PM)TheO-LineMatters Wrote: There will be QB's on the board when we pick, but unless their name is either Rudolph, Mayfield or even Rosen, I don't want them. You have to have clear targets in mind, especially at QB, when going into the draft. Rudolph and Mayfield are my targets. Those are the guys I see as franchise QB's. The Browns filled other positions last year and settled on a second round QB. Look what that got them.
You have to have targets but if the top guys go early and we pick in the 20s I feel there will be some good QBs at good value in rounds 2 or 3

I guess we differ on that. I see a HUGE drop off after Rudolph, Mayfield and Rosen. HUGE! If we miss on a QB in this draft, it could cause us to miss out on our window of opportunity.

(11-05-2017, 12:51 AM)TheO-LineMatters Wrote:
(11-04-2017, 11:42 PM)flgatorsandjags Wrote: You have to have targets but if the top guys go early and we pick in the 20s I feel there will be some good QBs at good value in rounds 2 or 3

I guess we differ on that. I see a HUGE drop off after Rudolph, Mayfield and Rosen. HUGE! If we miss on a QB in this draft, it could cause us to miss out on our window of opportunity.
Not really, I think there is a pretty big drop off, but also think there will be some good QBs that will be available in the 2nd or 3rd.  So you are saying if those guys go early to teams that don't want to trade back you don't want to draft a QB?

I actually agree to some degree. Mayfield, Jackson, Rudolph ( not a big fan) and Rosen are going to be the top 4 QBs this year. 

You need to pick one and then aggressively attack the draft so you get him. If you are very confident in one of them becoming a franchise QB then I have no problems giving up a good package of picks. Waiting until the mid rounds for value with a QB isn't how you do it.

(11-05-2017, 01:11 AM)JackCity Wrote: I actually agree to some degree. Mayfield, Jackson, Rudolph ( not a big fan) and Rosen are going to be the top 4 QBs this year. 

You need to pick one and then aggressively attack the draft so you get him. If you are very confident in one of them becoming a franchise QB then I have no problems giving up a good package of picks. Waiting until the mid rounds for value with a QB isn't how you do it.

If that's the case, while you would trade a boat load of high picks for one of those i would stay at my pick and take Darnold

(11-05-2017, 01:40 AM)flgatorsandjags Wrote:
(11-05-2017, 01:11 AM)JackCity Wrote: I actually agree to some degree. Mayfield, Jackson, Rudolph ( not a big fan) and Rosen are going to be the top 4 QBs this year. 

If that's the case, while you would trade a boat load of high picks for one of those i would stay at my pick and take Darnold

Darnolds returning to USC. And nah not a boat load of high picks, depends on where we're drafting,  where the QBs are falling, who's left. 

Point is I'd rather be too aggressive in landing my QB than not aggressive enough. You don't want to sell the whole future for him in a Herschel type deal of course.

(This post was last modified: 11-05-2017, 03:12 AM by TheO-LineMatters.)

(11-05-2017, 01:10 AM)flgatorsandjags Wrote:
(11-05-2017, 12:51 AM)TheO-LineMatters Wrote: I guess we differ on that. I see a HUGE drop off after Rudolph, Mayfield and Rosen. HUGE! If we miss on a QB in this draft, it could cause us to miss out on our window of opportunity.
Not really, I think there is a pretty big drop off, but also think there will be some good QBs that will be available in the 2nd or 3rd.  So you are saying if those guys go early to teams that don't want to trade back you don't want to draft a QB?

I'm saying if those teams want to take the guys I targeted and they refuse to trade back, we should be prepared to be in a holding pattern, because I don't see us improving at QB in 2018. I wouldn't take a QB in round 2, because I just don't see a franchise guy outside of the players I mentioned and if we spent a 2nd rounder on a QB, it would be harder to justify using a 1st rounder on a QB in 2019, which we likely have to do. Besides, I really do not like Josh Allen, Luke Falk or Clayton Thorsen and those are the guys I have projected in round 2. To me, picking any of those 3 would be a waste. In the scenario you mentioned, I would likely try and trade completely out of the first round to acquire a first rounder in 2019 and some additional picks. I would then likely take a QB in the 3rd round, purely out of desperation, maybe Riley Ferguson or Logan Woodside, if either were available. 

Even if this entire scenario came to pass, I'd still be against signing Kirk Cousins. He's just way too expensive and he's not a top tier QB. He's not worth putting ourselves in future "cap Hell."

Agreed.

Should have a really solid shot at Rosen. I like Mayfield too, if he was a couple inches taller, you would hear people drooling about him all the way to the draft.

Mayfield, Rosen, and Jackson are my top 3 with Lamar just sliding into that spot after showing some accuracy improvements this season.

If teams think they can fix those accuracy issues, Jackson has the most upside. 3 different kinds of QBs, but I don't think you can really go wrong.
Coughlin when asked if winning will be a focus: "What the hell else is there? This is nice and dandy, but winning is what all this is about."

(This post was last modified: 11-05-2017, 10:24 AM by flgatorsandjags.)

(11-05-2017, 01:53 AM)JackCity Wrote:
(11-05-2017, 01:40 AM)flgatorsandjags Wrote: If that's the case, while you would trade a boat load of high picks for one of those i would stay at my pick and take Darnold

Darnolds returning to USC. And nah not a boat load of high picks, depends on where we're drafting,  where the QBs are falling, who's left. 

Point is I'd rather be too aggressive in landing my QB than not aggressive enough. You don't want to sell the whole future for him in a Herschel type deal of course.

(11-05-2017, 03:10 AM)TheO-LineMatters Wrote:
(11-05-2017, 01:10 AM)flgatorsandjags Wrote: Not really, I think there is a pretty big drop off, but also think there will be some good QBs that will be available in the 2nd or 3rd.  So you are saying if those guys go early to teams that don't want to trade back you don't want to draft a QB?

I'm saying if those teams want to take the guys I targeted and they refuse to trade back, we should be prepared to be in a holding pattern, because I don't see us improving at QB in 2018. I wouldn't take a QB in round 2, because I just don't see a franchise guy outside of the players I mentioned and if we spent a 2nd rounder on a QB, it would be harder to justify using a 1st rounder on a QB in 2019, which we likely have to do. Besides, I really do not like Josh Allen, Luke Falk or Clayton Thorsen and those are the guys I have projected in round 2. To me, picking any of those 3 would be a waste. In the scenario you mentioned, I would likely try and trade completely out of the first round to acquire a first rounder in 2019 and some additional picks. I would then likely take a QB in the 3rd round, purely out of desperation, maybe Riley Ferguson or Logan Woodside, if either were available. 

Even if this entire scenario came to pass, I'd still be against signing Kirk Cousins. He's just way too expensive and he's not a top tier QB. He's not worth putting ourselves in future "cap Hell."

Agreed.

Didn't realize Darnold announced he's staying in school

(11-05-2017, 03:10 AM)TheO-LineMatters Wrote:
(11-05-2017, 01:10 AM)flgatorsandjags Wrote: Not really, I think there is a pretty big drop off, but also think there will be some good QBs that will be available in the 2nd or 3rd.  So you are saying if those guys go early to teams that don't want to trade back you don't want to draft a QB?

Agreed.
Just have to wait and see, it won't surprise me if we sign Bortles and I doubt Tom and Dave trades away all there high future picks.  One of those QBs will be there when we pick,  I could see 2 of the top 5 being there when we pick

(11-05-2017, 10:20 AM)flgatorsandjags Wrote:
(11-05-2017, 01:53 AM)JackCity Wrote: Darnolds returning to USC. And nah not a boat load of high picks, depends on where we're drafting,  where the QBs are falling, who's left. 

(11-05-2017, 03:10 AM)TheO-LineMatters Wrote: I'm saying if those teams want to take the guys I targeted and they refuse to trade back, we should be prepared to be in a holding pattern, because I don't see us improving at QB in 2018. I wouldn't take a QB in round 2, because I just don't see a franchise guy outside of the players I mentioned and if we spent a 2nd rounder on a QB, it would be harder to justify using a 1st rounder on a QB in 2019, which we likely have to do. Besides, I really do not like Josh Allen, Luke Falk or Clayton Thorsen and those are the guys I have projected in round 2. To me, picking any of those 3 would be a waste. In the scenario you mentioned, I would likely try and trade completely out of the first round to acquire a first rounder in 2019 and some additional picks. I would then likely take a QB in the 3rd round, purely out of desperation, maybe Riley Ferguson or Logan Woodside, if either were available. 

Agreed.

Didn't realize Darnold announced he's staying in school

(11-05-2017, 03:10 AM)TheO-LineMatters Wrote: I'm saying if those teams want to take the guys I targeted and they refuse to trade back, we should be prepared to be in a holding pattern, because I don't see us improving at QB in 2018. I wouldn't take a QB in round 2, because I just don't see a franchise guy outside of the players I mentioned and if we spent a 2nd rounder on a QB, it would be harder to justify using a 1st rounder on a QB in 2019, which we likely have to do. Besides, I really do not like Josh Allen, Luke Falk or Clayton Thorsen and those are the guys I have projected in round 2. To me, picking any of those 3 would be a waste. In the scenario you mentioned, I would likely try and trade completely out of the first round to acquire a first rounder in 2019 and some additional picks. I would then likely take a QB in the 3rd round, purely out of desperation, maybe Riley Ferguson or Logan Woodside, if either were available. 

Agreed.
Just have to wait and see, it won't surprise me if we sign Bortles and I doubt Tom and Dave trades away all there high future picks.  One of those QBs will be there when we pick,  I could see 2 of the top 5 being there when we pick

We don't necessarily have to sign Bortles to retain him. He's already locked in at $19 million for next season. All we have to do is just keep him on the roster, but why do that when we could sign FA QB with a better skill set like Josh McCown for a much cheaper price tag? That just doesn't make sense to me. 

As for 2 of the top 5 QB's being there when we pick, you do realize that Sam Darnold, Josh Rosen and Lamar Jackson are all underclassmen? The probability of them all entering the draft is unlikely, especially with Rudolph and Mayfield already looking like they are locked in as first round picks. That would create a lot of competition in round 1. I could easily see Darnold or Rosen, perhaps both staying in school and improving their draft stock for 2019. If that happens, it would create even less of a chance for us to get a franchise QB in this coming draft.

Given the very few needs we have on this team other than QB right now, why not go all in to get a franchise QB? I'd rather overpay now and get our QB for the next 10-12 years rather than sit on our hands and gamble while the window of opportunity slowly shuts. Who knows the next time we'll have this many key pieces in place on our current roster?