Create Account

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
Typical

(This post was last modified: 10-12-2017, 08:39 AM by The Real Marty.)

Trump tweets about challenging NBC's broadcast license.  Just one problem: NBC doesn't have a license.  Not to mention there's something called The First Amendment to the Constitution. 

Let's face it: Tillerson was right.  The guy is a moron.

The chances of him getting anything through Congress in the next three years are just about nil, because he exercises no leadership, and he exercises no leadership because he has no understanding of the issues. You can't govern with tweets and talking points. You have to get people in a room, twist arms, and talk knowledgeably about the details of the stuff you want to get through Congress. He can't do that, because he's a moron.

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

Should probably brush up on FCC licensing as it applies to parent companies and local affiliates. Additionally, there are exceptions to "free speech" as ruled by the Supreme Court. There is a lot of so-called news starting to teeter on that line of these documented exceptions.

https://fas.org/sgp/crs/misc/95-815.pdf

Might I suggest a lesson on Congressional checks and balances as well?

This post screams faux rage and is useless with exception to the definition of moron never being more clear.
[Image: Ben-Roethlisberger_Lerentee-McCary-Sack_...ayoffs.jpg]

(10-12-2017, 11:10 AM)B2hibry Wrote: Should probably brush up on FCC licensing as it applies to parent companies and local affiliates. Additionally, there are exceptions to "free speech" as ruled by the Supreme Court. There is a lot of so-called news starting to teeter on that line of these documented exceptions.

https://fas.org/sgp/crs/misc/95-815.pdf

Might I suggest a lesson on Congressional checks and balances as well?

This post screams faux rage and is useless with exception to the definition of moron never being more clear.

The faux rage is coming from Donald. He's probably already forgotten the tweet. He has to do one a day to keep his shrinking base awake and engaged.

He knows there is no way he can stop the reporting of news.

The Liar in Chief claiming that he's being lied about! Priceless.
The sun's not yellow, it's chicken.

Each affiliate has to demonstrate their value to the public interest when they renew their licenses.

The first amendment doesn't entitle everyone to a broadcast license.

(This post was last modified: 10-12-2017, 12:22 PM by boudreaumw.)

He was not referring to affiliates but NBC as a whole. Spin it however you need to make yourselves feel better about his half ignorant/half unconstitutional statement but you all know that was the case.

(10-12-2017, 12:21 PM)boudreaumw Wrote: He was not referring to affiliates but NBC as a whole. Spin it however you need to make yourselves feel better about his half ignorant/half unconstitutional statement but you all know that was the case.

The only spinning going on is by you. Of course, feel free to ignore the facts presented and run with whatever narrative dictated to you without any coherent self-thought. "Got no time for facts, must hate Trump!"
[Image: Ben-Roethlisberger_Lerentee-McCary-Sack_...ayoffs.jpg]

(10-12-2017, 12:06 PM)jj82284 Wrote: Each affiliate has to demonstrate their value to the public interest when they renew their licenses.  

No they don't. Maybe on paper. In practice, they have to show up with a check and evidence that the station's owner hasn't committed any felonies that week.

(10-12-2017, 12:53 PM)TJBender Wrote:
(10-12-2017, 12:06 PM)jj82284 Wrote: Each affiliate has to demonstrate their value to the public interest when they renew their licenses.  

No they don't. Maybe on paper. In practice, they have to show up with a check and evidence that the station's owner hasn't committed any felonies that week.

That's becoming a tall order these days.
Original Season Ticket Holder - Retired  1995 - 2020

At some point you just have to let go of what you thought should happen and live in what is happening.

(10-12-2017, 01:13 PM)copycat Wrote:
(10-12-2017, 12:53 PM)TJBender Wrote: No they don't. Maybe on paper. In practice, they have to show up with a check and evidence that the station's owner hasn't committed any felonies that week.

That's becoming a tall order these days.

It just increases the size of the check.

(10-12-2017, 08:36 AM)The Real Marty Wrote: Trump tweets about challenging NBC's broadcast license.  Just one problem: NBC doesn't have a license.  Not to mention there's something called The First Amendment to the Constitution. 

The chances of him getting anything through Congress in the next three years are just about nil, because he exercises no leadership, and he exercises no leadership because he has no understanding of the issues.   You can't govern with tweets and talking points.  You have to get people in a room, twist arms, and talk knowledgeably about the details of the stuff you want to get through Congress.   He can't do that, because he's a moron.

Between the above and his personal cat fights with his own party, I think he's becoming unraveled.   It's getting really strange --- personally, I think he's bored with the real functions of being President of the US and would rather create controversy and engage in cat fights with whomever will go toe-to-toe with him.

Personally, I think he's pissed that he doesn't have nearly the power that he intended to utilize as the POTUS.

(This post was last modified: 10-12-2017, 06:27 PM by boudreaumw.)

(10-12-2017, 12:49 PM)B2hibry Wrote:
(10-12-2017, 12:21 PM)boudreaumw Wrote: He was not referring to affiliates but NBC as a whole. Spin it however you need to make yourselves feel better about his half ignorant/half unconstitutional statement but you all know that was the case.

The only spinning going on is by you. Of course, feel free to ignore the facts presented and run with whatever narrative dictated to you without any coherent self-thought. "Got no time for facts, must hate Trump!"

Hist tweet said nothing about affiliates. He said NBC directly. That's a fact. Conservatives get all uppity and pearl clutchy when they get stereotyped as dumb but some of you guys seem intent on proving it accurate.

(10-12-2017, 02:06 PM)HURRICANE!!! Wrote:
(10-12-2017, 08:36 AM)The Real Marty Wrote: Trump tweets about challenging NBC's broadcast license.  Just one problem: NBC doesn't have a license.  Not to mention there's something called The First Amendment to the Constitution. 

The chances of him getting anything through Congress in the next three years are just about nil, because he exercises no leadership, and he exercises no leadership because he has no understanding of the issues.   You can't govern with tweets and talking points.  You have to get people in a room, twist arms, and talk knowledgeably about the details of the stuff you want to get through Congress.   He can't do that, because he's a moron.

Between the above and his personal cat fights with his own party, I think he's becoming unraveled.   It's getting really strange --- personally, I think he's bored with the real functions of being President of the US and would rather create controversy and engage in cat fights with whomever will go toe-to-toe with him.

Personally, I think he's pissed that he doesn't have nearly the power that he intended to utilize as the POTUS.
Well fox spent 8 years frothing at the mouth about Emperor Obama and how he was a dictator. Trump believes everything he seed and hears on there and now doesn't understand why he is not supreme leader.

(10-12-2017, 06:24 PM)boudreaumw Wrote:
(10-12-2017, 12:49 PM)B2hibry Wrote: The only spinning going on is by you. Of course, feel free to ignore the facts presented and run with whatever narrative dictated to you without any coherent self-thought. "Got no time for facts, must hate Trump!"

Hist tweet said nothing about affiliates. He said NBC directly. That's a fact. Conservatives get all uppity and pearl clutchy when they get stereotyped as dumb but some of you guys seem intent on proving it accurate.

(10-12-2017, 02:06 PM)HURRICANE!!! Wrote: Between the above and his personal cat fights with his own party, I think he's becoming unraveled.   It's getting really strange --- personally, I think he's bored with the real functions of being President of the US and would rather create controversy and engage in cat fights with whomever will go toe-to-toe with him.

Well fox spent 8 years frothing at the mouth about Emperor Obama and how he was a dictator. Trump believes everything he seed and hears on there and now doesn't understand why he is not supreme leader.

Uppity? Racist.
“An empty vessel makes the loudest sound, so they that have the least wit are the greatest babblers.”. - Plato

"Faux Rage" will be the name of my new band, and unemployed millenials will be the target fanbase

(10-12-2017, 07:03 PM)jaglyn Wrote: "Faux Rage" will be the name of my new band, and unemployed millenials will be the target fanbase

Most of them would compliment your worldly use of the French spelling of "fox".

(10-12-2017, 02:06 PM)HURRICANE!!! Wrote:

I think you hit the nail on this head with this post. I truly believe he only ran for president because he wanted unlimited power. Once he got the job and realized he would never have as much power as he wanted, he got frustrated and we are now dealing with the aftermath.