Create Account

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
Panthers fan punches another fan during the game

NFL is involved but this kid needs jail time for this. https://www.instagram.com/p/BaLQ36zhws7/...-by=odubco  (warning kinda graphic)

Why cant people have a nice argument about sports and such anymore with out getting violent. 

Honestly I hope he crashed his car on the way home.
Jaguars | Pacers | Purdue | Team USA

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

(This post was last modified: 10-13-2017, 11:15 AM by Browntrouser.)

From the people who uploaded the original video. "According to the person who uploaded the video, the man and woman were standing for the entire game and the man sitting behind them complained that they were obstructing his view. The man who committed the assault allegedly spewed homophobic slurs and profanity toward the victim. Both men were wearing Panthers gear."

In the video it sounds like the older man says you know I spent or maybe you don't sit or spit, cant tell. Some people on Twitter say they hear a racist words directed to Mexicans. Which does not make a lot of sense since both are white and so is the girlfriend of the kid.

The punching fan had a good reason to be mad. Nobody likes having his view blocked and what the other fans were doing was rude. Punching them and saying whatever he did isn't acceptable though. I hope that guy was ejected from the stadium.

(10-13-2017, 11:21 AM)JaguarsWoman Wrote: The punching fan had a good reason to be mad. Nobody likes having his view blocked and what the other fans were doing was rude. Punching them and saying whatever he did isn't acceptable though. I hope that guy was ejected from the stadium.

The kid who did the punching was standing. The older guy who was sitting probably was upset with the kid for standing and probably was saying how he ruined his game day experience and then the privlidged kid probably said FU to the old guy then they argued and the old guy is like hey I'm a season ticket holder you know I spent AND BOOM PUNCH.

He probably read the team's motto incorrectly and thought it is Keep Punching.

Sad.

I've seen fights break out in front of me. Had to actually break up one between a Steelers fan and a Jaguars fan (Jaguars fan was in the wrong as he was sloppy drunk and obnoxious).

During another game, there was a group of young Jaguars fans-maybe college age-getting progressively drunk and belligerent. As the game wound down, they started taunting a 49ers fan. I warned the 49ers fan not to engage and just walk away (stands were almost empty). He didn't listen, and they jumped him.

Disagreements happen. That's part of the human existence. But it's unfortunate they escalate to physical violence at football games. I think there was a stabbing after a 49ers game a few years back. It's too bad that fans from opposing teams too often stray from merely friendly banter. Not that I go looking for fights or anything, but one of the questions I ask myself is if the players saw me fighting in the stands or in the parking lot, would they fight for me because of my allegiance, or would they look, shake their heads and say "what a jackass?" Most likely, it would be the second option.

Worst to 1st.  Curse Reversed!

(10-13-2017, 12:38 PM)Bullseye Wrote: Sad.

I've seen fights break out in front of me. Had to actually break up one between a Steelers fan and a Jaguars fan (Jaguars fan was in the wrong as he was sloppy drunk and obnoxious).

During another game, there was a group of young Jaguars fans-maybe college age-getting progressively drunk and belligerent. As the game wound down, they started taunting a 49ers fan. I warned the 49ers fan not to engage and just walk away (stands were almost empty). He didn't listen, and they jumped him.

Disagreements happen. That's part of the human existence. But it's unfortunate they escalate to physical violence at football games. I think there was a stabbing after a 49ers game a few years back. It's too bad that fans from opposing teams too often stray from merely friendly banter. Not that I go looking for fights or anything, but one of the questions I ask myself is if the players saw me fighting in the stands or in the parking lot, would they fight for me because of my allegiance, or would they look, shake their heads and say "what a jackass?" Most likely, it would be the second option.

Disagreements are good. There is nothing wrong with some civil trash talk. When stuff like that happens, I ask myself why arguments escalate to the point where people are not civil anymore and resort to physical force.

That old man really needs to learn how to read body language/facial expressions. You don't just sit there when somebody is standing right in front of you looking angry. You stand up and get ready to brawl.

(10-13-2017, 01:20 PM)Jagsfan32277 Wrote: That old man really needs to learn how to read body language/facial expressions. You don't just sit there when somebody is standing right in front of you looking angry. You stand up and get ready to brawl.

No matter what the body language and facial expressions were, there was no excuse for fighting.

(10-13-2017, 01:22 PM)JaguarsWoman Wrote:
(10-13-2017, 01:20 PM)Jagsfan32277 Wrote: That old man really needs to learn how to read body language/facial expressions. You don't just sit there when somebody is standing right in front of you looking angry. You stand up and get ready to brawl.

No matter what the body language and facial expressions were, there was no excuse for fighting.

Ok. so just sit there like a sitting duck and take punches. Awesome.

This kind of thing happens at most UK Soccer matches weekly.. Usually outside the stadium though.. it saddens me that it's so regular, though.
[Image: 5S5POfa.jpg]

80% of what I talk about is nonesense.. the other 25% is made up statistics...

(10-13-2017, 01:32 PM)DarloJAG84 Wrote: This kind of thing happens at most UK Soccer matches weekly. Usually outside the stadium though. it saddens me that it's so regular, though.

Violence seems to be more common at European soccer stadiums than here because those are the ones that make the most headlines.

(10-13-2017, 01:35 PM)JaguarsWoman Wrote:
(10-13-2017, 01:32 PM)DarloJAG84 Wrote: This kind of thing happens at most UK Soccer matches weekly. Usually outside the stadium though. it saddens me that it's so regular, though.

Violence seems to be more common at European soccer stadiums than here because those are the ones that make the most headlines.

Pretty much.. that's why the fans are segregated.. although, I think segregation is half of the problem, personally.

(10-13-2017, 01:40 PM)DarloJAG84 Wrote:
(10-13-2017, 01:35 PM)JaguarsWoman Wrote: Violence seems to be more common at European soccer stadiums than here because those are the ones that make the most headlines.

Pretty much.. that's why the fans are segregated.. although, I think segregation is half of the problem, personally.

Why do they think segregation will help prevent fights?

If that was someone whom I cared about that got punched by that piece of human [BLEEP] punk he would need to be praying to his God that the police found him before me. Arrest and incarceration would be a blessing compared to the punishment I would hand out. Bet.
Looking to troll? Don't bother, we supply our own.

Bap! Ole boy got wham-boozled!

The guy that punched him shouldn't have. It was an old man probably just running his mouth.

I remember I took my wife to a Ravens game at Alltel Stadium, and we went for a bathroom break. So we had to walk down the aisle. While doing so we got seperated. I looked up and some old geezer in Ravens gear was acting like he was gonna grab her butt. So instead of doing something stupid I just stared at him with a look as if stuff is about to go down. He then apologized and said he was just drunk.

I chalked it up, and let it go.

This guy in the video probably wishes he wouldn't have swing. He's gonna be in jail soon.

(10-13-2017, 03:29 PM)JagFanatic24 Wrote: Bap! Ole boy got wham-boozled!

The guy that punched him shouldn't have. It was an old man probably just running his mouth.

I remember I took my wife to a Ravens game at Alltel Stadium, and we went for a bathroom break. So we had to walk down the aisle. While doing so we got seperated. I looked up and some old geezer in Ravens gear was acting like he was gonna grab her butt. So instead of doing something stupid I just stared at him with a look as if stuff is about to go down. He then apologized and said he was just drunk.

This guy in the video probably wishes he wouldn't have swing. He's gonna be in jail soon.

That is the problem: people do stupid things because they get drunk. Sometime you should observe who has beer bottles and how disruptive they are.

(10-13-2017, 01:49 PM)JaguarsWoman Wrote:
(10-13-2017, 01:40 PM)DarloJAG84 Wrote: Pretty much.. that's why the fans are segregated.. although, I think segregation is half of the problem, personally.

Why do they think segregation will help prevent fights?

Well, because historically the fans have needed to be separated due to violence. I think they believe that keeping them segregated will cut down on violence but I think it makes it worse as segregation builds tension. It mainly happens outside of the stadium these days but there are  always cases of people from the visiting team attempting to buy tickets in the home teams sections. That's why a lot of teams these days take your postal (zip) code when you purchase tickets if it's a rivalry game (most lower league soccer fans support their local team, so it's easier to see which section they should be purchasing tickets in)..

(10-13-2017, 03:32 PM)JaguarsWoman Wrote:
(10-13-2017, 03:29 PM)JagFanatic24 Wrote: Bap! Ole boy got wham-boozled!

That is the problem: people do stupid things because they get drunk. Sometime you should observe who has beer bottles and how disruptive they are.

Sadly we can't see your collection over the intertubes.
“An empty vessel makes the loudest sound, so they that have the least wit are the greatest babblers.”. - Plato

(10-14-2017, 01:38 AM)DarloJAG84 Wrote:
(10-13-2017, 01:49 PM)JaguarsWoman Wrote: Why do they think segregation will help prevent fights?

Well, because historically the fans have needed to be separated due to violence. I think they believe that keeping them segregated will cut down on violence but I think it makes it worse as segregation builds tension. It mainly happens outside of the stadium these days but there are always cases of people from the visiting team attempting to buy tickets in the home teams sections. That's why a lot of teams these days take your postal (zip) code when you purchase tickets if it's a rivalry game (most lower league soccer fans support their local team, so it's easier to see which section they should be purchasing tickets in)..

The zip code segregation idea may have made sense at the time, but it is completely useless in a world where people live in one state/province for years, then move to another that's home to a different team in the same league. They should catch up with the American way of having certain sections for away team fans (watch any college game and they are easy to pick out unless both teams wear the same colors).