Create Account

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
I knew McCaffrey wouldn't be good

I think he had 8 carries for -4 yards against Philly. He also caught 10 balls for 56 yards and had a 1 yard catch for a TD. He got spun around like a top by Bradom. He doesn't have an NFL body. He doesn't have giddy up speed. 

He was literally getting tossed to the dirt like he was a boy amongst men. 

So glad we didn't waste a pick on that guy. He is not good at picking up the blitz either. Just an overall bad pick. He was playing like a 5th round "shoelace"

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

So your brilliant observation is based on one (probably one part) Thursday night game where the Panthers' other starting back had negative yardage. How are you not in the NFL scouting business?
[Image: IMG-1452.jpg]

(10-13-2017, 12:28 PM)JagFanatic24 Wrote: I think he had 8 carries for -4 yards against Philly. He also caught 10 balls for 56 yards and had a 1 yard catch for a TD. He got spun around like a top by Bradom. He doesn't have an NFL body. He doesn't have giddy up speed. 

He was literally getting tossed to the dirt like he was a boy amongst men. 

So glad we didn't waste a pick on that guy. He is not good at picking up the blitz either. Just an overall bad pick. He was playing like a 5th round "Shoelace"

He was overrated coming out of college because of his last name. Many players are hyped up because they have biological relationships with former Pro Bowlers. Sometimes it works out and they follow suit. That apparently is not the case in the McCaffrey family.

I said this when he got drafted that he wasn't a RB, he's a wide receiver. That's pretty much how he's being used at this point.

Yup, he's like a Reggie Bush. Maybe worse. Doesn't have the size, power, to break tackles in the NFL. Goes down easily with a hand tackle in the NFL.

(10-13-2017, 01:15 PM)VisitingCobra Wrote: I said this when he got drafted that he wasn't a RB, he's a wide receiver. That's pretty much how he's being used at this point.

You obviously did not watch the game. He only lined up as a WR four times all night.

He's clearly more of a receiver than a RB, regardless of where he's line up.

4 rush attempts for 8 yards entire game. 10 pass attempts for 56 yards. Doesn't sound like much of a RB.

(This post was last modified: 10-13-2017, 01:32 PM by flgatorsandjags.)

McCaffrey is gonna be a great player. He actually had positive yards with Whitaker an Stewart having negative. McCaffrey is a future Pro Bowler

(10-13-2017, 01:25 PM)VisitingCobra Wrote: He's clearly more of a receiver than a RB, regardless of where he's line up.  

4 rush attempts for 8 yards entire game. 10 pass attempts for 56 yards.  Doesn't sound like much of a RB.

Stewart had 8 rushes for negative yards.  Whitaker also had negative yards.  Their oline sucks at run blocking

(10-13-2017, 01:29 PM)flgatorsandjags Wrote: McCaffrey is gonna be a great player.  He actually had positive yards with Whitaker an Stewart having negative.  McCaffrey is a future Pro Bowler

In the end he has some positive yards, but at one point in the game he had negative yards. Of course some of that was on his teammates.

Fozzy Whitaker probably would have had positive yards if he was able to finish the game.

(10-13-2017, 01:29 PM)flgatorsandjags Wrote: McCaffrey is gonna be a great player.  He actually had positive yards with Whitaker an Stewart having negative.  McCaffrey is a future Pro Bowler

Stewart had 8 rushes for negative yards.  Whitaker also had negative yards.  Their oline sucks at run blocking

You may be right. But they clearly seem to be abandoning using him as a runner for the time being at least.

(10-13-2017, 01:33 PM)JaguarsWoman Wrote:

In the end he has some positive yards, but at one point in the game he had negative yards. Of course some of that was on his teammates.

Fozzy Whitaker probably would have had positive yards if he was able to finish the game.

So how is it that you assume Whitaker would have had positive yards?

(10-13-2017, 01:45 PM)Rico Wrote:
(10-13-2017, 01:33 PM)JaguarsWoman Wrote: In the end he has some positive yards, but at one point in the game he had negative yards. Of course some of that was on his teammates.

So how is it that you assume Whitaker would have had positive yards?

Positive yards could mean just one yard, you know. Also, Fozzy Whitaker was injured in the first half. There was a lot of time left for him to gain yards if he stayed healthy.

(10-13-2017, 01:48 PM)JaguarsWoman Wrote:
(10-13-2017, 01:45 PM)Rico Wrote: So how is it that you assume Whitaker would have had positive yards?

Positive yards could mean just one yard, you know. Also, Fozzy Whitaker was injured in the first half. There was a lot of time left for him to gain yards if he stayed healthy.

There was also a lot of time left for him to get more negative yards

(10-13-2017, 02:00 PM)flgatorsandjags Wrote:
(10-13-2017, 01:48 PM)JaguarsWoman Wrote: Positive yards could mean just one yard, you know. Also, Fozzy Whitaker was injured in the first half. There was a lot of time left for him to gain yards if he stayed healthy.

There was also a lot of time left for him to get more negative yards

Same goes for Christion McCaffrey, but he turned a negative into a positive by finishing the game.

There is no reason to argue with me about this anymore.

Yeah 6 games into a career seems a bit hasty to make a proclamation on any draftee, be it good or bad.

(10-13-2017, 02:05 PM)JaguarsWoman Wrote:
(10-13-2017, 02:00 PM)flgatorsandjags Wrote: There was also a lot of time left for him to get more negative yards

Same goes for Christion McCaffrey, but he turned a negative into a positive by finishing the game.

Why?  Because there's no logic to your supposed argument other than you say so?

(10-13-2017, 02:05 PM)JaguarsWoman Wrote:
(10-13-2017, 02:00 PM)flgatorsandjags Wrote: There was also a lot of time left for him to get more negative yards

you are right, I was wrong again

FIFFY

(This post was last modified: 10-13-2017, 02:42 PM by JaguarsWoman.)

(10-13-2017, 02:09 PM)Rico Wrote:
(10-13-2017, 02:05 PM)JaguarsWoman Wrote: Same goes for Christion McCaffrey, but he turned a negative into a positive by finishing the game.

Why?  Because there's no logic to your supposed argument other than you say so?

Because the other poster will never back down and the argument would go on forever. Stopping an argument that way is never an admission the other person is right and I'm wrong. It is just to steer the thread back to the original topic.

I just looked this up. McCaffery is 7th in the league in passing targets. 2nd in the League in receptions (only behind Antonio Brown).

(10-13-2017, 02:56 PM)VisitingCobra Wrote: I just looked this up.  McCaffery is 7th in the league in passing targets.  2nd in the League in receptions (only behind Antonio Brown).

yeah, they were saying that last night