Create Account

Board Performance Issues We are aware of performance issues on the board and are working to resolve them! The board may be intermittently unavailable during this time. (May 07) x

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
Only 3 teams in the last 25 years allowed a passer rating lower than the 2017 Jags

(This post was last modified: 10-13-2017, 02:39 PM by flgatorsandjags.)

All 3 won the Super Bowl

[Image: 22366265_531017127238554_400781315159776...e=5A840E91]

http://www.jaguars.com/media-gallery/vid...2d0a94e615

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

Is this only through 5 games, or the season?

(10-13-2017, 03:09 PM)TearExtractor Wrote: Is this only through 5 games, or the season?

You mean for the 3 teams that won the Super Bowl?

So I should go get a Lombardi Trophy tattoo with Jacksonville Jaguars 2018 super bowl winners engraved in it? I should probably go now before all the parlors are booked in February.

(10-13-2017, 04:02 PM)Jags Wrote: So I should go get a Lombardi Trophy tattoo with Jacksonville Jaguars 2018 super bowl winners engraved in it? I should probably go now before all the parlors are booked in February.

I already got mine on my forehead.

(10-13-2017, 04:27 PM)Jags32250 Wrote:
(10-13-2017, 04:02 PM)Jags Wrote: So I should go get a Lombardi Trophy tattoo with Jacksonville Jaguars 2018 super bowl winners engraved in it? I should probably go now before all the parlors are booked in February.

I was going to be a little more modest and have it on the small of my back.

Who are the "2 others" along with Jalen Ramsey?

(10-13-2017, 04:27 PM)Jags32250 Wrote:

Well, that's bold. I was a little more conservative. I got mine on my neck.

(10-13-2017, 04:50 PM)Jagsfan4life9/28/82 Wrote:
(10-13-2017, 04:27 PM)Jags32250 Wrote: I already got mine on my forehead.

Well, that's bold. I was a little more conservative. I got mine on my neck.

That’s a smart move.  Nothing a good turtleneck can’t hide in case your job is against tats showing.

Yeah, the teams that won the Super Bowl...is that based only through 5 games? What is this stat based on? The whole season or just through 5 games?

I’d imagine season long?? That’s pretty impressive if that’s the case. Still a long rest of the season for Steve and the rest of the D to keep up those numbers.

(10-13-2017, 04:59 PM)Jags Wrote:
(10-13-2017, 04:50 PM)Jagsfan4life9/28/82 Wrote: Well, that's bold. I was a little more conservative. I got mine on my neck.

That’s a smart move.  Nothing a good turtleneck can’t hide in case your job is against tats showing.

I got mine on my turtle neck... Wink
Here we go again

(10-13-2017, 05:16 PM)Brett Wrote: Yeah, the teams that won the Super Bowl...is that based only through 5 games? What is this stat based on? The whole season or just through 5 games?

The whole season, so we just have to keep it up

Yeah, see if this is based off a whole season's worth, I think we should slow down in comparing numbers and check this again closer to the end of the season rather than now. Impressive though none the less.

This is a whole different era of football though honestly this Jags pass defense is the most impressive in hostory it is easier to throw the ball today.

(This post was last modified: 10-13-2017, 05:38 PM by Etdavis2006.)

To start some dialogue:

I wonder what is the correlation? I’m wondering if it’s due to making the opposing qb so ineffective, what determines the game is coaching and the run game? I was thinking about this today. If your qb is horrible the. figure out a way to make the opposing teams qb horrible and make it an even playing field.

Those 3 teams had competent qbs. So, jags wont be winning a super bowl this season

(10-13-2017, 09:05 PM)Jagsfan32277 Wrote: Those 3 teams had competent qbs. So, jags wont be winning a super bowl this season

We also have a competent QB. He is just not as good at throwing the ball.

The Jaguars may be the first team to hold opposing QBs to a passer rating of less than 60 while also featuring a QB with a similar passer rating.
If something can corrupt you, you're corrupted already.
- Bob Marley

[Image: kiWL4mF.jpg]

(This post was last modified: 10-13-2017, 11:29 PM by JaguarsWoman.)

Players: A.J. Bouye and Jalen Ramsey.

According to NFL Research, the Jaguars have the NFL's two best defenders in passer ratings allowed among the 57 players who have been targeted at least 25 times this season. Bouye has allowed a 38.3 passer rating against, while Ramsey follows with a rating of 47.1 when targeted. The game is slowing down so much for the Jags duo it's like they're playing in the matrix. They face a Rams offense that's coming off its worst performance of the season, as Jared Goff threw two picks and had a 48.9 passer rating vs. the Seahawks. Similar to Seattle, expect Jacksonville's tandem to dominate Cooper Kupp and Co.

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap3000000...ers-refine

I don't care who was throwing in their directions, this statistical category is worth looking at all year. More than all of the numbers of interceptions, PBUs, PDs, tackles, and pick sixes, which are obviously important when ranking players and position groups, none of them are more convincing than the text I bolded about the NFL's best CB duo.