Create Account

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
Harvey Weinstein and Donald Trump - any difference?

(10-13-2017, 09:36 PM)rollerjag Wrote:
(10-13-2017, 09:26 PM)MalabarJag Wrote: If you're reading the "you could" as "I have" then you need to revisit high school English.

This is so ridiculous I'm tempted to let it stand on its own. If you read that sentence and come away with the interpretation that Trump was both saying Bush could do those things, and he wasn't bragging about doing it himself, you are being willfully ignorant.

I read "you" as "one." That's a common use of the word "you." Some people (Bob Dole) speak of themselves in the third person, but I don't recall anyone using the second person to refer to themselves. Trump is way too egocentric to do that.

One might get the impression that Trump knew that actresses would let people get away with groping from personal experience, but he never actually said that he did it, and Trump is not a person who fails to brag about his conquests. He is a person who exaggerates, so maybe that needs to be factored into what he said here too.

We know a lot more for sure about Weinstein and it included unwilling victims, so yeah, there's a big difference.

"Why should I give information to you when all you want to do is find something wrong with it?"

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

(10-13-2017, 09:54 PM)rollerjag Wrote:
(10-13-2017, 09:48 PM)JagNGeorgia Wrote: Change the thread title so you won’t look like you’re as obsessed with Trump as it seems?

I'm willing to fully embrace my disdain for Trump. Did you think I was attempting to be coy?

I changed it because bunnie felt misled.

I wasn’t misled, I knew exactly where you were going with this thread. Helen Keller could see the point of this thread.
What in the Wide Wide World of Sports is agoin' on here???

There is no difference at all between Trump and Weinstein. They are both scum.

So RJ creates a thread about Weinstein and immediately deflects his behavior to Trump in the first post? That is all the left does....deflect, deflect, deflect.

The people covering for Weinstein are the ones that had to perform sex acts to get a movie part.

(10-14-2017, 12:13 PM)Byron LeftTown Wrote: The people covering for Weinstein are the ones that had to perform sex acts to get a movie part.

Ben Affleck is a terrible actor, so I am guessing he was one of them.

(This post was last modified: 10-14-2017, 02:24 PM by Caldrac.)

Business as usual in Hollyweird or Hellwood. People were laughing off the Pizzagate scandal and all of the blatant pedophile codes used in those emails. And numerous celebrities between music and film have talked about the casting couch for decades. America eats it up though because they treat these people like demigods and worship them like idols. The former head of the DNC was a P.O.S. Clinton's in general are a bunch of P.O.S's.

To answer your question. No, there's no really big difference between what Trump was caught saying and what this guy did. That's how rich and powerful people are at some point. They feel they can get away with anything. That they're untouchable. And you know something? For the most part. It's true. They get away with [BLEEP] all the time. But the Johnny Gosch case in the 80's was just a surface level scratch of the tip of the disturbing level of kidnap, sexual assault and sex slavery that's been going on for a long, long time. And Corey Feldman has spoken out about this. Elijah Wood has also spoken out about this.

But. The majority doesn't care.

[Image: 5464259ac68f8c4d0a47d7f9608c568b--scarfa...quotes.jpg]
[Image: 4SXW6gC.png]

"What do I know of cultured ways, the gilt, the craft and the lie? I, who was born in a naked land and bred in the open sky. The subtle tongue, the sophist guile, they fail when the broadswords sing; Rush in and die, dogs - I was a man before I was a king."

(10-14-2017, 01:56 PM)StroudCrowd1 Wrote:
(10-14-2017, 12:13 PM)Byron LeftTown Wrote: The people covering for Weinstein are the ones that had to perform sex acts to get a movie part.

Ben Affleck is a terrible actor, so I am guessing he was one of them.

He's one of the best Directors in Hollywood though. He needs to stick to directing.

(10-14-2017, 06:02 PM)TheO-LineMatters Wrote:
(10-14-2017, 01:56 PM)StroudCrowd1 Wrote: Ben Affleck is a terrible actor, so I am guessing he was one of them.

He's one of the best Directors in Hollywood though. He needs to stick to directing.

I always have this argument with my wife because she likes him. I said he is a better supporting actor than lead and always use Dazed & Confused & Boiler Room as my argument. Can't argue that!

Both are despicable human beings, and have been for their whole lives. Terrible human beings in the worst way.

I guess we are still waiting for trump's amazing information that will reveal all the legion of his accusers as liars, like he promised. Just like the amazing, stupendous information from his investigation into President Obama's birth certificate that he claimed to have.

(10-14-2017, 09:40 PM)nate Wrote: Both are despicable human beings, and have been for their whole lives.  Terrible human beings in the worst way.  

I guess we are still waiting for trump's amazing information that will reveal all the legion of his accusers as liars, like he promised.  Just like the amazing, stupendous information from his investigation into President Obama's birth certificate that he claimed to have.

He should hire Hillary Clinton to do that.

(10-14-2017, 06:10 PM)StroudCrowd1 Wrote:
(10-14-2017, 06:02 PM)TheO-LineMatters Wrote: He's one of the best Directors in Hollywood though. He needs to stick to directing.

I always have this argument with my wife because she likes him. I said he is a better supporting actor than lead and always use Dazed & Confused & Boiler Room as my argument. Can't argue that!

I just look at any movie where he wasn't the director, yet he was cast as the lead and compare it to films he directed. He was the lead in films like Daredevil, Paycheck, Batman vs. Superman, Gone Girl and The Accountant. Although a couple of those films were o.k., none were great and his performances were largely forgettable. Now, look at some of the films he directed, Gone Baby Gone, The Town and Argo. In my opinion, all of them are great films and his performance in The Town (where he was lead), actually played to his strengths. That still doesn't mean he's a good actor, but it does mean that as a director, he knows how to use his actors. He paints a story flawlessly in my opinion. In fact, I believe Gone Baby Gone is one of the 10 best films I've ever seen.

For the last time, the billy Bush tape was horrible to listen to. Specifically because its about the guy targeting a married woman. That's what I have the bigger issue with.

As for sexual assault, there is a fundamental and undeniable difference between someone saying a woman "will let you" thus and so and a man who has been caught on audio surveillance while police were directly investigating him for criminal sexual assault berating and threatening a woman to watch her shower. Any objective rational person can see that. Anyone trying to make an equivalence to POTUS is transparently reaching because of their own Trump Derangement syndrome and clinging to a line of attack that already failed to the tune of 304 electoral votes...

EPIC FAIL

(10-15-2017, 12:45 AM)jj82284 Wrote: For the last time, the billy Bush tape was horrible to listen to.  Specifically because its about the guy targeting a married woman.  That's what I have the bigger issue with.  

As for sexual assault, there is a fundamental and undeniable difference between someone saying a woman "will let you" thus and so and a man who has been caught on audio surveillance while police were directly investigating him for criminal sexual assault berating and threatening a woman to watch her shower.  Any objective rational person can see that.  Anyone trying to make an equivalence to POTUS is transparently reaching because of their own Trump Derangement syndrome and clinging to a line of attack that already failed to the tune of 304 electoral votes...  

EPIC FAIL

You do realize that there is waaaaaaay more than just the Billy Bush tapes that indicate Trump is just as bad, if not worse than Harvey Weinstein? Over the years, Trump has been accused by many, many women of sexual misconduct. Everything from rape via his ex-wife to groping, forcibly shoving his tongue down women's throats and a variety of other offenses. Things you and I would end up on some registry list, if we committed them. Unlike Weinstein, who was so wreckless and assaulted some very powerful women who eventually spoke up and may now be getting justice, Trump allegedly assaulted women in lesser positions. That would make sense, since if he did do what he was accused of doing, it would be easier to get away with it. You can just say those women were looking for fame, but if you look at the list of accusers though..... Ivanka Trump, Jill Harth, Natasha Stoynoff, Mindy McGillvray, Jessica Leeds, Rachel Crooks, Kristen Anderson, Cathy Heller, Temple Taggart McDowell, Karena Virginia, Jessica Drake, Ninni Laaksonen, Summer Zervos and Cassandra Searles, you have to recognize where there is smoke, there must be fire? Nobody who has this many accusers is innocent. A parallel to Weinstein is not only inevitable, it's justified.

(10-14-2017, 06:10 PM)StroudCrowd1 Wrote:
(10-14-2017, 06:02 PM)TheO-LineMatters Wrote: He's one of the best Directors in Hollywood though. He needs to stick to directing.

We may disagree on just about everything on this side of the board but Dazed is one of the most rewatchable movies. I love it. The dude with the long black hair who is always stoned?! He’s the best.

(10-15-2017, 03:44 AM)TheO-LineMatters Wrote:
(10-15-2017, 12:45 AM)jj82284 Wrote: For the last time, the billy Bush tape was horrible to listen to.  Specifically because its about the guy targeting a married woman.  That's what I have the bigger issue with.  

As for sexual assault, there is a fundamental and undeniable difference between someone saying a woman "will let you" thus and so and a man who has been caught on audio surveillance while police were directly investigating him for criminal sexual assault berating and threatening a woman to watch her shower.  Any objective rational person can see that.  Anyone trying to make an equivalence to POTUS is transparently reaching because of their own Trump Derangement syndrome and clinging to a line of attack that already failed to the tune of 304 electoral votes...  

EPIC FAIL

You do realize that there is waaaaaaay more than just the Billy Bush tapes that indicate Trump is just as bad, if not worse than Harvey Weinstein? Over the years, Trump has been accused by many, many women of sexual misconduct. Everything from rape via his ex-wife to groping, forcibly shoving his tongue down women's throats and a variety of other offenses. Things you and I would end up on some registry list, if we committed them. Unlike Weinstein, who was so wreckless and assaulted some very powerful women who eventually spoke up and may now be getting justice, Trump allegedly assaulted women in lesser positions. That would make sense, since if he did do what he was accused of doing, it would be easier to get away with it. You can just say those women were looking for fame, but if you look at the list of accusers though..... Ivanka Trump, Jill Harth, Natasha Stoynoff, Mindy McGillvray, Jessica Leeds, Rachel Crooks, Kristen Anderson, Cathy Heller, Temple Taggart McDowell, Karena Virginia, Jessica Drake, Ninni Laaksonen, Summer Zervos and Cassandra Searles, you have to recognize where there is smoke, there must be fire? Nobody who has this many accusers is innocent. A parallel to Weinstein is not only inevitable, it's justified.

No I don't.  Smoke fire and all the rest of it are just an excuse for lack of evidence.  All the accusations during the campaign were dismissed in some cases with ecsculpatory eye witness accounts or extractions from the women themselves.  

WEinstein is on TAPE as part of a criminal investigation pressuring a woman to watch him shower while she REPEATEDLY begged him to stop and that she was uncomfortable and he ADMITTED to groping her against her will.

(10-15-2017, 01:52 PM)jj82284 Wrote:
(10-15-2017, 03:44 AM)TheO-LineMatters Wrote: You do realize that there is waaaaaaay more than just the Billy Bush tapes that indicate Trump is just as bad, if not worse than Harvey Weinstein? Over the years, Trump has been accused by many, many women of sexual misconduct. Everything from rape via his ex-wife to groping, forcibly shoving his tongue down women's throats and a variety of other offenses. Things you and I would end up on some registry list, if we committed them. Unlike Weinstein, who was so wreckless and assaulted some very powerful women who eventually spoke up and may now be getting justice, Trump allegedly assaulted women in lesser positions. That would make sense, since if he did do what he was accused of doing, it would be easier to get away with it. You can just say those women were looking for fame, but if you look at the list of accusers though..... Ivanka Trump, Jill Harth, Natasha Stoynoff, Mindy McGillvray, Jessica Leeds, Rachel Crooks, Kristen Anderson, Cathy Heller, Temple Taggart McDowell, Karena Virginia, Jessica Drake, Ninni Laaksonen, Summer Zervos and Cassandra Searles, you have to recognize where there is smoke, there must be fire? Nobody who has this many accusers is innocent. A parallel to Weinstein is not only inevitable, it's justified.

No I don't.  Smoke fire and all the rest of it are just an excuse for lack of evidence.  All the accusations during the campaign were dismissed in some cases with ecsculpatory eye witness accounts or extractions from the women themselves.  

WEinstein is on TAPE as part of a criminal investigation pressuring a woman to watch him shower while she REPEATEDLY begged him to stop and that she was uncomfortable and he ADMITTED to groping her against her will.

[Image: eff67f9683ec5261854a8f347c3042d9.jpg]

(10-15-2017, 02:25 PM)TheO-LineMatters Wrote:
(10-15-2017, 01:52 PM)jj82284 Wrote: No I don't.  Smoke fire and all the rest of it are just an excuse for lack of evidence.  All the accusations during the campaign were dismissed in some cases with ecsculpatory eye witness accounts or extractions from the women themselves.  

[Image: eff67f9683ec5261854a8f347c3042d9.jpg]

There is truth to what he's saying. Many of his accusers were proven liars.

He could very well be a misogynist pervert, but there isn't a lot of evidence supporting it. Maybe you could give a few examples?

(10-15-2017, 04:06 PM)JagNGeorgia Wrote:
(10-15-2017, 02:25 PM)TheO-LineMatters Wrote: [Image: eff67f9683ec5261854a8f347c3042d9.jpg]

There is truth to what he's saying. Many of his accusers were proven liars.

He could very well be a misogynist pervert, but there isn't a lot of evidence supporting it. Maybe you could give a few examples?

I'm not doubting some of his accusers lied, but when there where 14 women accusing him of inappropriate behavior........... c'mon don't be naive. Any reasonable person without blinders on, has to realize that when 14 women are making accusations, there has to be something there. Do you Trump supporters believe Bill Cosby is guilty? There's no proof there, but like Trump there is a ton of circumstantial evidence. You can't believe one is guilty and not the other unless you are racist. They are cut from the same cloth. Maybe they used different techniques, but the intent appears to be the same.

As far as him being a misogynist pervert, that has been proven. The Billy Bush tapes clearly show this. No semantics are needed to come to this conclusion. Any other interpretation is just openly biased.

(10-14-2017, 09:37 AM)StroudCrowd1 Wrote: So RJ creates a thread about Weinstein and immediately deflects his behavior to Trump in the first post? That is all the left does....deflect, deflect, deflect.

They are both creeps, why would I deflect? You think I'm trying to cover for Weinstein?

So far, not many actual defenses of either creeps.
If something can corrupt you, you're corrupted already.
- Bob Marley

[Image: kiWL4mF.jpg]