Create Account

Board Performance Issues We are aware of performance issues on the board and are working to resolve them! The board may be intermittently unavailable during this time. (May 07) x

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
Jags Owner Shad Khan: President Trump Is the ‘Great Divider’

(10-14-2017, 10:23 AM)MalabarJag Wrote:
(10-14-2017, 09:05 AM)Adam2012 Wrote: No one has spit in my face. Perhaps you just like spit.

I don't get it (actually I do). This issue has been around for two years and now you're "offended"? Breitbart and Donald blow the dog whistle and your ears perk up.

I understand that message boards and social media are where people come to prove their self-righteousness and show us HOW UPSET THEY ARE, but when you start trying to claim that it's football or my country, well, you've really drifted off into drama queen land. Enjoy your visit.
Maybe you weren't paying attention last year. People were offended before Trump said anything. 

You weren't, and that's your choice, but the NFL has to appeal to a wide variety of people. Getting mired in political arguments is incredibly stupid on the part of the NFL, and it was Goodell's response (as well as those of several owners and players) to Trump's throw away statement during a campaign rally that made this into the huge mess it now is. Khan's latest statement just adds more fuel to the fire. Every step along the path this has taken has made this worse for the NFL. Trump's campaign statement was only one of those steps, and should have been ignored. (Everything Trump says about any topic other than national policy should be ignored. His statements are pretty much all exaggerations)
And this is where I disagree with my friends on the right.  He is the president of the United States of America.  There are no throw away statements.  Words have consequences and his statement directly challenged many passive NFL players to respond.
  The sooner his supporters begin to hold him as accountable as they do the opposition party (and that statement goes both ways) the sooner we can come together and actually make America great again.
Original Season Ticket Holder - Retired  1995 - 2020

At some point you just have to let go of what you thought should happen and live in what is happening.

Messages In This Thread
RE: Jags Owner Shad Khan: President Trump Is the ‘Great Divider’ - by copycat - 10-14-2017, 08:29 PM