Create Account

Board Performance Issues We are aware of performance issues on the board and are working to resolve them! The board may be intermittently unavailable during this time. (May 07) x

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
Please chime in: how good is it to have stuck in through the tough times as jags fans

(This post was last modified: 10-14-2017, 11:25 AM by diehardjagsfaninsocal.)

I can't think of a more pleasurable and rewarding scenario.
I mean we were the worst team in the NFL for years and years.
The all of a sudden this guy Doug Marone gets the HC job and most of us were not excited.
Now every Sunday here's what happens.
We line up with one of the worst quarterbacks in NFL history to start games with absolutely no intention of allowing him to throw the ball.
Everybody including the cheerleaders know that we're going to run the ball.
And we run it right down the opponents throats.
After we score they get the ball on offense and we take it from them.
And we run the ball down their throats again.
I am almost at a loss for words to describe how elated I am at our success.
Doug Marone is getting it done.
The best part to me is that were getting team wins.
Linder goes down? Mr no name steps in and what happens? We still run the ball down the Steelers throats.
Beautiful football.
Here's to keeping it simple.
Here's to Doug Marone.
How do u feel about our jags now?
Can u see us actually doing this into the playoffs?
I can.
Every other team knows what's coming.
Let's see who can stop us.

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

What's more beautiful is your writing style. It's like I'm reading a poem.

It does feel good getting ready for game day knowing we have a legit chance of winning and reasons to back up why we should win or why it should be close. Feels even better after a win. This guy here has been in a better mood on Sunday afternoons so far this year.

Proof that I was there is the only reason I still have my Gabbert Jersey. I don't even have to say anything, I just pull out the ole number 11and you know I'm not a bandwagoner.

(10-14-2017, 12:03 PM)Treestone Ice Wrote: Proof that I was there is the only reason I still have my Gabbert Jersey. I don't even have to say anything, I just pull out the ole number 11and you know I'm not a bandwagoner.

I double dog dare you to wear it tomorrow if you are going to the game.  Along with a sign that reads:

Steeeeeeeeve.

I for one was excited with the marrone hire, as I knew he would be the HC in the next 2-4 years the way bradley was coaching.  His short time in Buffalo showed that he is strict and has a gameplan.

I've be a fan since 95  and hardcore sice 99 now I'm a adult I haven't missed a game in over 15 years. 

I've seen great, good and awful teams of ours. I now see hope, vut we need to be consistent, bortles is a good QB vut his mental state is the issue, if they can fix that he could be franchise, if they can't they need to move on.

I would love to see us win division which we haven't done since AFC Central days. We need to pack on a win streak and pull ahead of the division lead.

Our defense is playing great, WRs need to catch the damn ball, bortles has his issues but when a ball in on the money the WR needs to make that catch, looking at you Leee in the Jets game.

I am very happy fan, only seen them once in person due to living 32 hour drive away.  But I cheer everyday and every week. I am a true fan, we suck I cheer, we win I cheer no jumping ship for me.

JAGS 4 LIFE!
Jags 4 Life

Feels good knowing we can at least be competitive in games, and at least have some semblance of hope for playoffs going into week 6.

but

I'm still waiting for the house of cards to collapse in some way... too much bad with too little good for too many years. Prove it to me otherwise. Good start though.

I'm slightly more excited than I've been for quite some time about this group.

But still ... my gut tells me that this gorgeous carriage could possibly morph into a pumpkin soon.
You're Welcome.

(10-14-2017, 01:06 PM)maddenisfordorks Wrote: I'm slightly more excited than I've been for quite some time about this group.

But still ... my gut tells me that this gorgeous carriage could possibly morph into a pumpkin soon.

Enjoy the carriage until the clock strikes midnight.

You guys are awesome man.
Thanks for the compliments on my writing style.
It's not intentionally done just kinda flows!
It's damn good to be a jags fan!

(10-14-2017, 11:36 AM)Brett Wrote: What's more beautiful is your writing style. It's like I'm reading a poem.
Thanks man!
I just let it flow ya know?

I'm one of the rare ones. I've been a Jags fan since day 1. Actually before that. I was a fan when the announcement was made.

I think it's a bit soon to be declaring ourselves out of the doldrums but it feels good knowing that we'll be competitive on Sundays this year.

I am cautiously optimistic...It's incredibly hard to be a Jags fan and even more so nearly right in the center of Pa. with The Egurls 2 1/2 hours East, and the Steemers 2 1/2 hours to the West with the Browns, Redskins, and Ravens, and Giants and Jets not much farther...I have been a fan since the announcement was made we got the team, as I lived in the Jax area at the time and was a season ticket holder until 2007 when I moved up here...I get laughed at all the time for being a Jags fan and I laugh back and say yeah we suck but they are still my team...Hopefully we are finally getting our [BLEEP] together and will be relevant again...

(10-14-2017, 01:08 PM)JaguarsWoman Wrote:
(10-14-2017, 01:06 PM)maddenisfordorks Wrote: I'm slightly more excited than I've been for quite some time about this group.

Enjoy the carriage until the clock strikes midnight.

Is that when you go back to becoming a regular horse?
[Image: SaKG4.gif]

Yeah, we aren't quite there yet, but I'm always in it for the long haul and every single win feels like a minor validation of my fandom.

I do feel like this is indeed just the beginning of a new era for the team.

To answer the question regarding the title of this topic.  I've been a fan of the NFL since the early '70's  I never really had a home team since I grew up in New Mexico.  I was mostly a fan of players rather than teams.

Skip ahead to 1995 when we do get a team in my home town.  I've had season tickets, gone to games, followed the team and loved the team whether they are doing well or doing bad.  I'm still a fan of the game first and foremost, but the Jaguars ARE my favorite team and will continue to be so as long as they are here.

As far as "sticking in through the tough times", it's going to happen to any team in this league.  I don't let myself get down when the team isn't doing good because over the years of watching the NFL, teams that are considered "good" right now (ie, The Patriots, Packers, etc.) weren't always very good.

There are 10 kinds of people in this world.  Those who understand binary and those who don't.

Been a fan since they announced Jacksonville got the team. I was living in the Regency area then on Leon Road. When I moved back to Maryland Baltimore was still w/o a team so I stuck with the Jaguars. Through the good times and bad, they were still my team. Yeah I've taking some ribbing (Especially from my Daughter the Steelers fan) but I always say, every dog (cat) has it's day. Yeah things are looking up right now but I always remember the cardinal rule of football "ANY GIVEN SUNDAY!"
Instead of a sign that says "Do Not Disturb" I need one that says "Already Disturbed Proceed With Caution."

(10-14-2017, 03:05 PM)Senor Fantastico Wrote: I think it's a bit soon to be declaring ourselves out of the doldrums but it feels good knowing that we'll be competitive on Sundays this year.

We are out of the doldrums. Look at the scores of our three wins (29-7, 44-7, 30-9) and how a few bad plays (missed FG, drop, and interception) cost us our second loss. Sure, we're not ready to declare ourselves playoff caliber yet, but they are not far away anymore.

It's playing out on this message board like we're about to waxed tomorrow.

Can we win 2 in a row before start talking about playoff pleasures and super bowl cocktails?