Create Account

Board Performance Issues We are aware of performance issues on the board and are working to resolve them! The board may be intermittently unavailable during this time. (May 07) x

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
Please chime in: how good is it to have stuck in through the tough times as jags fans

(10-14-2017, 06:01 PM)Jaguarmeister Wrote: It's playing out on this message board like we're about to waxed tomorrow.

Can we win 2 in a row before start talking about playoff pleasures and Super Bowl cocktails?

I never talk about the Super Bowl until the playoffs start. Anytime in 2017 is too early. Playoffs? Someone look for the Herm Edwards beer commercial.

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

Always been fan since the start....was there when TC got booed and fired, when JDR got booed and fired.....along with the mularkey experiment and the "it's the process" gus years.
The last two games in 2016 of Marrone coaching gave me hope.
It WAS the end of garbage season after all.....
All that's happened since ....well...
Guys we have a football team again.
Go Jaguars.
"Stay tight, stay close. Great things are going to continue to happen for this football team."  - Doug Peterson

I love the responses.

(This post was last modified: 10-15-2017, 12:06 AM by Etdavis2006.)

It’s pretty awesome. I’ve been with this team since they showed up in Jax and supported them. I’m living in Texas now with a decal on my car and have been getting crap for it for the last 4 years since I moved here. Now all my coworkers come up to me and say “man y’all look good this week”. One guy was trying to hate and say we couldn’t keep the team together. I had to explain to him how our front office s t up th contracts and how this player is on 23 and that player just got resigned. He was like “so you watched them build this thing huh” lol. It’s a good feeling to see sitting through the lean years start to pay off as a fan. I truly believe they will win a championship in the next 3-5 years.

Go Jags

(10-15-2017, 12:06 AM)Etdavis2006 Wrote: It’s pretty awesome. I’ve been with this team since they showed up in Jax and supported them. I’m living in Texas now with a decal on my car and have been getting crap for it for the last 4 years since I moved here. Now all my coworkers come up to me and say, “Man, y’all look good this week.” One guy was trying to hate and say we couldn’t keep the team together. I had to explain to him how our front office set up the contracts and how this player is on 23 and that player just got re-signed. He was like, “So you watched them build this thing huh?” LOL It’s a good feeling to see sitting through the lean years start to pay off as a fan. I truly believe they will win a championship in the next 3-5 years.

Go Jags

You know the end of losing is coming when people try to hate us and instead offer compliments. GO JAGUARS

I remember all the way back to losing to the Jets this year. Dark times

(10-14-2017, 06:01 PM)Jaguarmeister Wrote: It's playing out on this message board like we're about to waxed tomorrow.

Can we win 2 in a row before start talking about playoff pleasures and super bowl cocktails?

Yeah, ditto. 

"Pride goeth before destruction, and an haughty spirit before a fall."

Love your enthusiasm but I am not sure it's over yet.
Original Season Ticket Holder - Retired  1995 - 2020

At some point you just have to let go of what you thought should happen and live in what is happening.

It is the sign of a "true fan" when they continue to support their team during the tough times. That doesn't mean that they can't be critical of decisions made by the coach/G.M. Those loyal fans of the Jaguars, including me (season ticket-holder since day 1) deserve to be rewarded and I believe this will happen. I'm actually excited about attending today's game to see if they can get over the hump by winning two in a row. However, even if they lose today (Rams are a solid team and Donald scares me) our fans still have a lot to loo forward to. This defense is the real deal and I really believe they are just 1 solid quarterback (not necessarily elite) away from being a Super Bowl contender for the next 5 years.

Being a Jaguars fan has been "The Epitome of Life".
You Gotta Be Able To Run Da' Rock~

(10-15-2017, 01:42 PM)jaglou53 Wrote: It is the sign of a "true fan" when they continue to support their team during the tough times. That doesn't mean that they can't be critical of decisions made by the coach/GM Those loyal fans of the Jaguars, including me (season ticket-holder since day 1) deserve to be rewarded and I believe this will happen. I'm actually excited about attending today's game to see if they can get over the hump by winning two in a row. However, even if they lose today (Rams are a solid team and Donald scares me) our fans still have a lot to loo forward to. This defense is the real deal and I really believe they are just 1 solid quarterback (not necessarily elite) away from being a Super Bowl contender for the next 5 years.

Thank you so much. Finally someone backs up what I have been saying for over 10 years, that being a true fan means supporting your team at all times, no matter how bad they are on the field. As in no "This team is inept and stupid" or "We need to lose" and stuff like that, but just "I don't like what they are doing and this is why." Criticizing decisions is not bad by itself; everyone does it. We deserve criticism sometimes. What has been so annoying is when fans say they don't care, they want us to lose, etc. but claim to be true Jaguars fans. I always supported Jacksonville through the tough times. I never lost faith or hope that the end of the tunnel was near or felt there was a reason to root against the team even when I hated decisions that were made. I am grateful this board finally has someone else who understands this.

(This post was last modified: 10-15-2017, 02:43 PM by JaguarJosh05.)

Being a Jaguars fan this decade has really tested my loyalty and faith. I now continue to show up to a job I don't like. Much like watching Jags games when I know a train wreck is going to occur and we will get blown out I still watched and cheered. Patience is a virtue. Adaptability, unyielding faith and loyalty will just make it feel that much better in time when your baby grows up to dominate. You know what, maybe I like torture and hardship in a way.
No pain, no gain.

(10-15-2017, 02:42 PM)JaguarJosh05 Wrote: Being a Jaguars fan this decade has really tested my loyalty and faith. I now continue to show up to a job I don't like. Much like watching Jags games when I know a train wreck is going to occur and we will get blown out I still watched and cheered. Patience is a virtue. Adaptability, unyielding faith and loyalty will just make it feel that much better in time when your baby grows up to dominate. You know what, maybe I like torture and hardship in a way.

I don't like "torture" but hardship is part of being a football fan. And you know what? Coaches have told the media adversity is a good thing because it helps their players. Sometimes a team needs to get worse before it gets better. There is an expression that people "see the light at the end of the tunnel." We are seeing that light now.

Original Jags fan here and thinks it's great and refreshing the team is still in the running come October. I'm use to talking about the draft already. This team has made even the hardest fan develop battered housewife syndrome. Its like one can't help but to think the other shoe is going to drop and the jags will become bad again. This season has been great so far!
[Image: mvp.avia8a99974486b2b89.md.png]

(10-15-2017, 03:34 PM)jaguarmvp Wrote: Original Jags fan here and thinks it's great and refreshing the team is still in the running come October. I'm use to talking about the draft already. This team has made even the hardest fan develop battered housewife syndrome. Its like one can't help but to think the other shoe is going to drop and the jags will become bad again. This season has been great so far!

I never thought about the draft until we were so far out of it rooting for worse teams was important to us. You know, like the Browns, 49ers, Jets, and Bears last year. In October, all I thought about was turning our season around to win nine games (obviously wanting more) and hoping no other AFCS teams finished with a winning record. All of the draft talk long before we were out of playoff contention was extremely annoying, and that is putting it lightly.