Create Account

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
Romo hinted at possible return Thurs night. Make the call Khan

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

That's gonna be a no from me dog

I don't think there is really any down side to the idea.
Coughlin when asked if winning will be a focus: "What the hell else is there? This is nice and dandy, but winning is what all this is about."

I just don’t see anything happening at QB at this point.

(This post was last modified: 10-15-2017, 10:04 AM by StroudCrowd1.)

If Romo comes out of "retirement", does his signing team owe Dallas anything? If not, Romo would be option 1 for me over guys who would require high draft picks to acquire. That way, we could get him an athletic TE in the draft and some more O-linemen.

This team is on the verge of being dominant. I would hate to waste this time grooming a rookie QB.

Oh, and for the record, Chris Carter is a HATER and always has been. This guys is useless.

(10-15-2017, 09:59 AM)StroudCrowd1 Wrote: If Romo comes out of "retirement", does his signing team owe Dallas anything? If not, Romo would be option 1 for me over guys who would require high draft picks to acquire. That way, we could get him an athletic TE in the draft and some more O-linemen.

This team is on the verge of being dominant. I would hate to waste this time grooming a rookie QB.

Oh, and for the record, Chris Carter is a HATER and always has been. This guys is useless.

No, they released him before he retired.

(10-15-2017, 08:35 AM)Jags Wrote: I just don’t see anything happening at QB at this point.

It's not going to happen.

I was against this type of move during the offseason, but I'd actually consider it now. This team is solid QB play away from being a contender this season, so I'd exhaust every reasonable option to fill that void.

(10-15-2017, 08:35 AM)Jags Wrote: I just don’t see anything happening at QB at this point.

I don't either but it would be nice

One year, as many as daily sub specials as possible year deal.
Your beliefs become your thoughts,
Your thoughts become your words,
Your words become your actions,
Your actions become your habits,
Your habits become your values,
Your values become your destiny.

Is he a good kicker?
[Image: 5S5POfa.jpg]

80% of what I talk about is nonesense.. the other 25% is made up statistics...

Serious question. Has any team ever brought in a new QB mid season either via trade or FA, and had success that year? Seems unlikely.
IT WAS ALWAYS THE JAGS

(10-15-2017, 10:05 PM)imtheblkranger Wrote: Serious question. Has any team ever brought in a new QB mid season either via trade or FA, and had success that year? Seems unlikely.

Yeah, I can't see it either..

I know it seems unlikely, but it’s just so painfully obvious the QB position is the missing piece to a true contender in this weak AFC. How can you sit back and watch this defense be so elite and just waste a DPOY quality season from multiple players? Get Eli or Rivers or even he who shall not be named can’t be worse. It’s maddening

(10-15-2017, 10:05 PM)imtheblkranger Wrote: Serious question. Has any team ever brought in a new QB mid season either via trade or FA, and had success that year? Seems unlikely.

I can't really remember the last time an actual starting QB was traded in the middle the season, so I can't answer your question. Generally teams that have decent quarterbacks aren't trading them away and generally teams that don't have QBs aren't winning despite a non existent passing game.

There are obvious weak points on this team, not only at QB, but I think solid quarterback play can cover those up on offense to some degree.

If Romo did come back it would be to save his home state Packers anyway I believe.

(This post was last modified: 10-17-2017, 10:54 AM by JaguarsWoman.)

Are you including fill-ins for injured QBs?

(10-16-2017, 04:01 AM)Upper Wrote: If Romo did come back it would be to save his home state Packers anyway I believe.

I don't think being his "home state" team would have anything to do with it. That is just a coincidence.

When Tony Romo retired, he said he was "99%" sure he would never come back, allowing one percent for "crazy" stuff like Brett Favre unretiring. Days later he ruled that out.

With Tony Romo's history of back problems and overall injuries, it doesn't seem realistic that he can get in football shape quickly and stay relatively healthy.

(10-17-2017, 04:13 PM)D6 Wrote: With Tony Romo's history of back problems and overall injuries, it doesn't seem realistic that he can get in football shape quickly and stay relatively healthy.

That is the main reason he retired, particularly his back. Especially with three offensive linemen out, there is no way he can stay healthy for 8-10 weeks.

(10-17-2017, 05:49 PM)JaguarsWoman Wrote:
(10-17-2017, 04:13 PM)D6 Wrote: With Tony Romo's history of back problems and overall injuries, it doesn't seem realistic that he can get in football shape quickly and stay relatively healthy.

That is the main reason he retired, particularly his back. Especially with three offensive linemen out, there is no way he can stay healthy for 8-10 weeks.

I agree.

*IF* we were to replace the QB we have, I'd rather someone who's so injury prone. I'd fear every snap he's going to get mauled.

(10-17-2017, 06:37 PM)DarloJAG84 Wrote:
(10-17-2017, 05:49 PM)JaguarsWoman Wrote: That is the main reason he retired, particularly his back. Especially with three offensive linemen out, there is no way he can stay healthy for 8-10 weeks.

I agree.

*IF* we were to replace the QB we have, I'd rather someone who's so injury prone. I'd fear every snap he's going to get mauled.

And knowing how Dave Caldwell is, I doubt he would be happy with Tom Coughlin picking up a 37-year old TV analyst.