Create Account

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
Florida Times Union - Smallest crowd of Khan Era sees Jaguars lose to Rams

Smallest crowd of Khan Era sees Jaguars lose to Rams

http://jacksonville.com/sports/jaguars/2...-lose-rams

The smallest announced crowd in the Shad Khan Era witnessed another big step back for the Jaguars today.
Their special teams a debacle, their defense unable to force a fourth-quarter stop and their p

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

Hmm team was hyped for a big win prior kickoff why such a small turnout?
[Image: 5_RdfH.gif]

Boycott in full effect.

Because the local crowd has been burned too many times. The cost of the ticket is bad enough, but if you actually attend the game you will spend an extra $50 minimum...and still get burned.

I guess no one looked at the shots from Pittsburg last week. Even at the start of the game the place had empty seats everywhere.
The Khan Years

Patience, Persistence, and Piss Poor General Managers.

I think the jags empty seats is deceiving. People buy cheap nosebleeds to go hang out at the budzone and fanduel to get wasted and look to get some.

this team doesnt deserve to sell out home games or even have close to full capacity to be honest

time and time again the jags have a chance to truly take hold of the division and to show that this isnt the jaguars of the past decade

and time and time again they come out flat and not ready to go... special teams was an absolute joke today, our run D was once again a joke today, a clear sign we didnt come ready to play

I guess 1 win and the team thinks they are too good to come out and play hard

Crowd wasn't bad. Basically it was what you get for games like this.

The rams had almost no bisiting fans which also contributed to it.
<FONT face="Comic Sans MS" size=3><B><FONT face=Verdana color=#ff6600 size=4></FONT></B></FONT>

(10-15-2017, 07:45 PM)MoJagFan Wrote: I guess no one looked at the shots from Pittsburg last week.  Even at the start of the game the place had empty seats everywhere.

I think they mean the smallest crowd of Khan's era at Everbank..
[Image: 5S5POfa.jpg]

80% of what I talk about is nonesense.. the other 25% is made up statistics...

load of crap. No excuses today. Try to practice some special teams this week maybe we'll get back on track.
No pain, no gain.

(10-15-2017, 07:52 PM)JaguarJosh05 Wrote: Load of crap. No excuses today. Try to practice some special teams this week maybe we'll get back on track.

There are no excuses for special teams mistakes, but they would not have been so deadly if officials were smart.

(10-15-2017, 07:51 PM)DarloJAG84 Wrote:
(10-15-2017, 07:45 PM)MoJagFan Wrote: I guess no one looked at the shots from Pittsburg last week.  Even at the start of the game the place had empty seats everywhere.

I think they mean the smallest crowd of Khan's era at Everbank..

I understand that.  Keep in mind they bought up fan protest in the article.  I'm saying that attendance is down in even the hardcore towns aka Pittsburg last week.
The Khan Years

Patience, Persistence, and Piss Poor General Managers.

They don’t win at home..... thus nobody cares.
Let's Get Em!!!! Go Jags!

It's also hot as hell

(This post was last modified: 10-15-2017, 08:11 PM by FreeAgent01.)

You have a team that hasn't won the division in 18 years, the worst home record in the NFL over the last 6 or 7 years, an owner/players who irritated a large portion of a military city recently, a visiting team from 2,000 miles away that brought very few fans, and it's a late game. Not much more to be said about attendance.

(10-15-2017, 07:50 PM)SuperJville Wrote: Crowd wasn't bad.  Basically it was what you get for games like this.

The rams had almost no  visiting fans which also contributed to it.
Have to say that while sad, this is true. Neither LA team has a real fan base at this point, and some of the crowd usually comes from the away. For the size of the market LA just isn't what its hyped up to be.

Yes, it's improvement, but it's Blaine Gabbert 2012 level improvement. - Pirkster

http://youtu.be/ouGM3NWpjxk The Home Hypnotist!

http://youtu.be/XQRFkn0Ly3A Media on the Brain Link!

Quote:Peyton must store oxygen in that forehead of his. No way I'd still be alive after all that choking.

(10-15-2017, 07:50 PM)SuperJville Wrote: Crowd wasn't bad.  Basically it was what you get for games like this.

I get your point, but NFL teams should't need a large number of visiting team fans to sell out, especially in a reduced capacity stadium.

Worst to 1st.  Curse Reversed!

(10-15-2017, 09:22 PM)Bullseye Wrote:

I get your point, but NFL teams should't need a large number of visiting team fans to sell out, especially in a reduced capacity stadium.

Yup. For a team tied for 1st place with a defense full of stars and a running back who could possibly win OROTY, the crowd size was a bit worrisome. I hope that when there’s a QB here that can lead this team to some wins, the fans come back.
Jaguars Fundamentalist

(This post was last modified: 10-15-2017, 09:31 PM by HURRICANE!!!.)

This will ultimately kill attendance in sports

[Image: 440x320-room-with-big-tv-living-room-dec...02701.jpeg]

How do you negatively impact attendance? Easy, have 2 winning seasons in the last 17, have players criticize the fan base (A-Rob and some others prior to this year) and (without getting political) have players take a stand that alienates a certain percentage of the fan base. After years, the fan support may finally be starting to erode.
I'm condescending. That means I talk down to you.