Create Account

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
Florida Times Union - Smallest crowd of Khan Era sees Jaguars lose to Rams

(10-15-2017, 09:34 PM)hb1148 Wrote: How do you negatively impact attendance?  Easy, have 2 winning seasons in the last 17, have players criticize the fan base (A-Rob and some others prior to this year) and (without getting political) have players take a stand that alienates a certain percentage of the fan base.  After years, the fan support may finally be starting to erode.

And it happens when the team is better than it's been in 5 years.
“An empty vessel makes the loudest sound, so they that have the least wit are the greatest babblers.”. - Plato

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

(10-15-2017, 09:22 PM)Bullseye Wrote:
(10-15-2017, 07:50 PM)SuperJville Wrote: Crowd wasn't bad.  Basically it was what you get for games like this.

The rams had almost no bisiting fans which also contributed to it.

I get your point, but NFL teams should't need a large number of visiting team fans to sell out, especially in a reduced capacity stadium.

well that's been our reality honestly.

our biggest games attendance wise in recent memory always have to do with the opposing team, not how well we're playing.

so I think our core fanbase remains unchanged.  Some people decided to boycott, which is fine, but the vast majority of people who typically go to the games were there this afternoon.
<FONT face="Comic Sans MS" size=3><B><FONT face=Verdana color=#ff6600 size=4></FONT></B></FONT>

(10-15-2017, 09:39 PM)flsprtsgod Wrote:
(10-15-2017, 09:34 PM)hb1148 Wrote: How do you negatively impact attendance?  Easy, have 2 winning seasons in the last 17, have players criticize the fan base (A-Rob and some others prior to this year) and (without getting political) have players take a stand that alienates a certain percentage of the fan base.  After years, the fan support may finally be starting to erode.

And it happens when the team is better than it's been in 5 years.

Because a .500 record is going to overcome being arguably the worst team in football since 2010? The fan base has been through a lot and has mostly stuck by the team. It's bound to have an impact eventually though.
I'm condescending. That means I talk down to you.

The diehards who have been around since the inception of the Jags are going to stick with the team for the most part. But with the absolutely abysmal record over the last decade, the Jags aren't growing that next generation of fan.

Add in the players taking a knee and some percentage of fans deciding to boycott the games, and you're going to see it start affecting the bottom line.

I know people always say the money comes from the television contracts, but ticket sales do matter - and the tv revenue will be affected by the lower ratings at some point. You can't lose 10% or more of your viewing audience and think that's not going to impact what sponsors are willing to pay for the ads.

The la rams have a small fan base. The only way we sell out the stadium is when we play opposing teams with a large fan base. Today proved that jacksonville fans are weak. Sorry but it is true.

You lose long enough and of course having a full stadium becomes incredibly hard.

We have to have good home games if we want to be close to selling out, whether we like to hear it or not.

Only consistent winning (shoot, at this point can we just win SOME of our home games) will improve attendance.
<FONT face="Comic Sans MS" size=3><B><FONT face=Verdana color=#ff6600 size=4></FONT></B></FONT>

(This post was last modified: 10-16-2017, 05:49 AM by The Real Marty.)

If I'm Shad Khan, I'm seeing a sold out Wembley, an empty Everbank, and the league saying they want to move a team to London by 2022. At that point, I start to slow-play the Shipyards project, just to hedge my bets.

Teams move all the time, folks. We seem to have lost our fanbase.

(This post was last modified: 10-16-2017, 06:21 AM by Caldrac.)

Showing exactly 56,232 in attendance yesterday. Average so far has been 58,000 which is probably misleading (If ESPN is counting the London game) but that's not bad considering this team is still in a small market and it's not a good team at home. And once again they showed us why nobody wants to turn out and see them. The protests just give more people an excuse not to attend and I don't blame them.

But historically since the 2000's this team has had issues keeping the seats filled. I remember being a kid and shopping with my parents at Winn Dixie to get those deals on tickets and that was long before the economical slump in 2008. So there's no need to try and sugarcoat a turd that we're all well aware of here in Jacksonville. You don't have to look far to see where it's great bane rests. This team has been on a steady decline in attendance since 2012 if I am not mistaken with false hopes and exaggerated claims during the off season.

Jaguars made the play-offs in 2007 and they averaged 65,300 per game that year. 2008 everyone drank the kool-aid and the attendance went up a slight bit more to 65,700 per game. 2009 post economical crash and team meltdown we saw probably an all time low of 49,000 fans on average in attendance. Quickly jumped back up to over 63,000 in 2010. Stayed the same between 2011 - 2012 as well. But when you get right into 2013 it starts to dip at 59,000 and it fluctuates from there based on false promises. And that was well before the protests. This team just can't get it done at home.
[Image: 4SXW6gC.png]

"What do I know of cultured ways, the gilt, the craft and the lie? I, who was born in a naked land and bred in the open sky. The subtle tongue, the sophist guile, they fail when the broadswords sing; Rush in and die, dogs - I was a man before I was a king."

(This post was last modified: 10-16-2017, 06:35 AM by FreeAgent01.)

(10-16-2017, 06:14 AM)Caldrac Wrote: Showing exactly 56,232 in attendance yesterday. Average so far has been 58,000 which is probably misleading (If ESPN is counting the London game) but that's not bad considering this team is still in a small market and it's not a good team at home. And once again they showed us why nobody wants to turn out and see them. The protests just give more people an excuse not to attend and I don't blame them.

But historically since the 2000's this team has had issues keeping the seats filled. I remember being a kid and shopping with my parents at Winn Dixie to get those deals on tickets and that was long before the economical slump in 2008. So there's no need to try and sugarcoat a turd that we're all well aware of here in Jacksonville. You don't have to look far to see where it's great bane rests. This team has been on a steady decline in attendance since 2012 if I am not mistaken with false hopes and exaggerated claims during the off season.

Jaguars made the play-offs in 2007 and they averaged 65,300 per game that year. 2008 everyone drank the kool-aid and the attendance went up a slight bit more to 65,700 per game. 2009 post economical crash and team meltdown we saw probably an all time low of 49,000 fans on average in attendance. Quickly jumped back up to over 63,000 in 2010. Stayed the same between 2011 - 2012 as well. But when you get right into 2013 it starts to dip at 59,000 and it fluctuates from there based on false promises. And that was well before the protests. This team just can't get it done at home.

All of those peaks and valleys coincide with disappointment.

This team has been a consistent loser for many potential season ticket holders' entire adult lives. Even with this year's improvement, we've still only won back-to-back games three times since 2010. It's been since 2010 that we've won back-to-back home games. It's going to take more than a few Jekyll/Hyde performances to bring the fans back., especially with the protests at the moment.

According to the Times-Union, no players knelt at the Jags game yesterday. The team is now 3-3. If the fans don't come back to the stadium, this franchise will not stay in Jacksonville.

I admit I was not there yesterday. I watched on TV. After having season tickets for 20 years, I started traveling a lot and so I quit buying season tickets, because so often I am out of town. So, it's partly my fault, although in my defense, it seems like after I buy season tickets for 20 years, some new fans would step up to take my place.

That stadium was flat empty yesterday. I was shocked.

(This post was last modified: 10-16-2017, 07:10 AM by Caldrac.)

(10-16-2017, 06:35 AM)FreeAgent01 Wrote:
(10-16-2017, 06:14 AM)Caldrac Wrote: Showing exactly 56,232 in attendance yesterday. Average so far has been 58,000 which is probably misleading (If ESPN is counting the London game) but that's not bad considering this team is still in a small market and it's not a good team at home. And once again they showed us why nobody wants to turn out and see them. The protests just give more people an excuse not to attend and I don't blame them.

All of those peaks and valleys coincide with disappointment.  

This team has been a consistent loser for many potential season ticket holders' entire adult lives.  Even with this year's improvement, we've still only won back-to-back games three times since 2010.  It's been since 2010 that we've won back-to-back home games.  It's going to take more than a few Jekyll/Hyde performances to bring the fans back., especially with the protests at the moment.

Exactly. It's just been a vapid atmosphere at that stadium for far too long. And when you add in the protests it gives the fans that were already on the fence about this team a clear cut excuse and reasonably so as well in my eyes for them not to shell out a dime for this team. They have a right to protest. Fans have a right to tell the NFL to and Player's Union and Ownership to go [BLEEP] itself. 

I stand in the middle of all of that unfortunately. But I get it. We all have our reasons. But at this point as a fan. It's hard to stomach seeing these guys at home anymore. They were close. They had a chance to go up 4 - 2 and really make a statement and they failed. As soon as I saw the opening kick-off go back I knew we were in for a long day. Fournette instantly counter punched them and scored. And then we exchanged a few points. But when they gave up that blocked punt for a TD and Myers missed that FG I knew we were done because of Special teams alone. The life of that place drained as well when Blake threw that pick too.

Same old song and dance at home man.
[Image: 4SXW6gC.png]

"What do I know of cultured ways, the gilt, the craft and the lie? I, who was born in a naked land and bred in the open sky. The subtle tongue, the sophist guile, they fail when the broadswords sing; Rush in and die, dogs - I was a man before I was a king."

if you keep winning more fans will show. Leave the protest out of this because there's plenty of US military members not upset around the country. this city just has alot of racist in it.
Season Tix, Section 409

2023 and still counting.....SB will finally be ours soon enough.
TLaw aka 'the prince that was promised' supporter.

(10-16-2017, 07:19 AM)JagsFansince1995 Wrote: if you keep winning more fans will show.  Leave the protest out of this because there's plenty of US military members not upset around the country.  this city just has alot of racist in it.

We aint nuttin but dumb redneck racists round these parts.....
[Image: giphy.gif]

(10-15-2017, 07:35 PM)BklynJag Wrote: Boycott in full effect.

Gee, aren't you proud? Seriously.. just go away.

(This post was last modified: 10-16-2017, 08:22 AM by spacecoastjag.)

What do you expect after the communist talks bad about our President? The President is for American sovereignty and Khan is a globalist looking to move the team to Jacksonville. I give Khan 2 years and he's taking his clown show to Europe officially. The NFL has made it's bed.

(10-16-2017, 05:48 AM)The Real Marty Wrote: If I'm Shad Khan, I'm seeing a sold out Wembley, an empty Everbank, and the league saying they want to move a team to London by 2022.   At that point, I start to slow-play the Shipyards project, just to hedge my bets.  

Teams move all the time, folks.  
 You're just now figuring this out? Khan bought the Jags TO MOVE them London. You guys are so naive. $80 million invested is a drop in the hat for the billions that will be generated overseas. He invested in Jacksonville to show Goodell he's a serious owner and the one owner to get to London.

(10-16-2017, 07:19 AM)JagsFansince1995 Wrote: if you keep winning more fans will show.  Leave the protest out of this because there's plenty of US military members not upset around the country.  this city just has alot of racist in it.

That's just stupid...

[Image: ezgif-5-b2a80726c8.gif]

According to what is being pushed and pushed the country has a bunch of racists and they are everywhere.  Heck me just posting a statement quoting you is racist as well.

Not only is there no wall to keep people out of this country, there is no wall keeping anyone in either.  Isn't it odd that millions of people are coming to a racist country year after year.
The Khan Years

Patience, Persistence, and Piss Poor General Managers.

Jacksonville is generally a hick town that's upset over an outcry for equality, thus deflect the issues at hand into a matter of patriotism, like the president. This is expected of those who do not grasp or desire to acknowledge the sensitivities of the issues being addressed.

When a city organizes planes with banners imploring fans to stay away from the game in support of their country, no need to look further. How many NFL cities have banners outwardly flying antagonizing their own, on GAMEDAY?

The team has been bad, no doubt. But even the casual fan knows tides are changing for the retooled, upstart squad. The players are fully aware of the underlying resentment, worsened since London, and don't appear to feel as comfortable in Jax soil. Hence the tightness in play, augmented by the negative energy in Alltel, er Everbank. Home field disadvantage is a real phenomenon, ask Tottenham 2 years ago, and now.

This is unfair to the open loyal fan who spends their hard earned money and time to support the team every year, but the general atmosphere is damp in my view. Players know when there is love in the air (not that the Jags deserve it) versus been seen as objects for entertainment, who dare not use their platforms to highlight real life issues.  This saga looms.  

This thread as expected has sociopolitical facets. We can delete it, move it, or just allow people to discuss their varied viewpoints in open fora as these.  Or just sweep it under the rug, and focus on inanimate emblems of civic pride...
Success is a journey, not a destination.  Go all out Mighty Jaguars.

Say wha..
Huh