Create Account

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
The season is not over

Between now and December 31, we have 10 more games to play. Obviously none of them will be easy but there is no reason not to have some faith that we can still win nine games and the division title before those goals are clearly out of reach. We are still ahead of Houston via the HTH tiebreaker and there is certainly a chance Tennessee will lose tomorrow. It was a bad day for us, no doubt. I am not sugarcoating drops, shanks, turnovers, and bad play calls. But it is very important to remember we are still in it until we are out of it.

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

Your reputation is -122. LMBO.

Thanks?

I'd take 8-8 Win, Lose, Win, Lose after the last few years...

I'm greedy though and still want more than that.
[Image: 5S5POfa.jpg]

80% of what I talk about is nonesense.. the other 25% is made up statistics...

(10-15-2017, 08:20 PM)DarloJAG84 Wrote: I'd take 8-8 Win, Lose, Win, Lose after the last few years...

I'm greedy though and still want more than that.

Agree, in a way its amazing we are on pace for 8-8. But in another way, we see how good this team could be with just a little more consistency in a few areas. Frustrating place to be.

Yes, it's improvement, but it's Blaine Gabbert 2012 level improvement. - Pirkster

http://youtu.be/ouGM3NWpjxk The Home Hypnotist!

http://youtu.be/XQRFkn0Ly3A Media on the Brain Link!

Quote:Peyton must store oxygen in that forehead of his. No way I'd still be alive after all that choking.

This team is done. Until Blake's gone, we won t win division.

The defense was once again a bright spot.

KO return TD. Blocked punt for a TD and a horrible punt which led to 3. That’s 17 points right there and yet the high powered Rams offense could only muster up 10 points.

The Jags keep beating themselves. They beat themselves against NY and they did it against today.

(10-15-2017, 08:22 PM)BklynJag Wrote: This team is done. Until Blake's gone, we won t win division.

Yup, housto  will win it with a rookie qb and not a rb.

(10-15-2017, 08:22 PM)BklynJag Wrote: This team is done. Until Blake's gone, we won t win division.

Not necessarily, I think the coaches just need to think out of the box to play to our offensive skills (like kicking field goals on 2nd down)

(10-15-2017, 08:28 PM)Jagsfan32277 Wrote:

Yup, housto  will win it with a rookie qb and not a rb.

Yup, and missing best players on defense.

I’m sorry, what had “housto” done with Watson? Beaten the Browns, gotten steamrolled by the Chiefs, lost to the mediocre Patriots, won a fluky Titans game, and beat the hapless Bengals when they didn’t know what a first down was? Let’s see Watson play against a real team before we crown him.

(This post was last modified: 10-15-2017, 11:50 PM by JaguarsWoman.)

(10-15-2017, 08:22 PM)BklynJag Wrote: This team is done. Until Blake's gone, we won't win division.

If you watched our defense and #27, you would know we are never done regardless of who our QB is.

(10-15-2017, 10:56 PM)JNev Wrote: I’m sorry, what had “housto” done with Watson? Beaten the Browns, gotten steamrolled by the Chiefs, lost to the mediocre Patriots, won a fluky Titans game, and beat the hapless Bengals when they didn’t know what a first down was? Let’s see Watson play against a real team before we crown him.

LOL they can say the same about Fournette then.

Watson>>>Fournette.
We lost to the freaking Jets.

We've faced some of the worse D's vs the run. Fournette is nothing special Rolleyes Rolleyes

(This post was last modified: 10-15-2017, 11:49 PM by JaguarsWoman.)

(10-15-2017, 09:00 PM)BklynJag Wrote:
(10-15-2017, 08:28 PM)Jagsfan32277 Wrote: Yup, housto  will win it with a rookie QB and not a RB.

Yup, and missing best players on defense.

We aren't missing anybody on defense. The only guy we missed is on the offense.

(10-15-2017, 11:46 PM)JaguarsWoman Wrote:
(10-15-2017, 09:00 PM)BklynJag Wrote: Yup, and missing best players on defense.

We aren't missing anybody on defense. The only guy we missed is on the offense.

Hahaha classic JW

(This post was last modified: 10-15-2017, 11:51 PM by JaguarsWoman.)

(10-15-2017, 11:45 PM)iHaunting Raven Wrote:
(10-15-2017, 10:56 PM)JNev Wrote: I’m sorry, what had “housto” done with Watson? Beaten the Browns, gotten steamrolled by the Chiefs, lost to the mediocre Patriots, won a fluky Titans game, and beat the hapless Bengals when they didn’t know what a first down was? Let’s see Watson play against a real team before we crown him.

LOL they can say the same about Fournette then.

Watson>>>Fournette.
We lost to the freaking Jets.

We've faced some of the worse Ds vs the run. Fournette is nothing special

I hope you are not seriously blaming Fournette for our inability to stop the other team's RBs.

(10-15-2017, 11:47 PM)iHaunting Raven Wrote:
(10-15-2017, 11:46 PM)JaguarsWoman Wrote: We aren't missing anybody on defense. The only guy we missed is on the offense.

Hahaha classic JW

I did not realize you knew me that well.

I've been here since 2001. This isn't my original account.

(This post was last modified: 10-16-2017, 12:13 AM by JagsFanSince95.)

Tough way to lose today. Special teams is very important and it goes to show if you don't show up to play and fulfill your assignments on every play you can turn a game in the worst way. We don't have an offense that will score 30 without serious help. The magic number is 20, if the opposing team goes over 20, we are in trouble. The season is still not lost, luckily for us we play in a sorry division with 3* sorry teams. We have the best team overall on paper, the thing is the team needs to learn to take the next step and be consistent.

(10-16-2017, 12:12 AM)JagsFanSince95 Wrote: Tough way to lose today. Special teams is very important and it goes to show if you don't show up to play and fulfill your assignments on every play you can turn a game in the worst way. We don't have an offense that will score 30 without serious help. The magic number is 20, if the opposing team goes over 20, we are in trouble. The season is still not lost, luckily for us we play in a sorry division with 3* sorry teams. We have the best team overall on paper, the thing is the team needs to learn to take the next step and be consistent.

Inconsistent is an easy way to describe offensive and special teams performances, but the pass defense was very good until today. If we had Denver's run defense (#1 before letting Giants RBs gain over 120 yards) those problems would not be so deadly. All three sides of the ball need some major repairs. The good news is you are right about being the best AFC South team. Put it all together to start a winning streak, and we are probably in the playoffs.

Teams aren't perfect. Good players will have rough games here and there. The offense didn't do much today, outside of the 1st few drives, they sputtered the rest of the day. Any time your defense is put in that situation, they will falter a bit. I dont care if they allow 130 yards on the ground, we held that offense to 1 touchdown until late in that game. Goff only threw for 116, they did not dominate on offense(although they ran it good) and if our special teams didn't play terribly in the 1st half we are probably all tied up at 17. All sides of the ball need work, sure, any team can say that. The fact is our special teams unit let us down big time today, and it almost definitely cost us the game.