Create Account

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
Not another pass

I cant watch Bortles throw the ball again. Ever. Guy is struggling with screen passes.

I don't care who they put in there. Henne. Trade for Eli/Foles/Fitzpatrick. Bring back D-Rob to play QB. Sign John Manziel or Todd Bouman. Maybe let Bortles kick and let Jason Myers throw. I don't care if they pick a random fan from each game. Anything or anyone not named Blake Bortles.

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

I love the irony in your username.
[Image: 5S5POfa.jpg]

80% of what I talk about is nonesense.. the other 25% is made up statistics...

(10-15-2017, 08:40 PM)DarloJAG84 Wrote: I love the irony in your username.

I love the quality of your posts

I thought he did good with the screen passes

(10-15-2017, 08:37 PM)WorldsBestPoster Wrote: I cant watch Bortles throw the ball again. Ever. Guy is struggling with screen passes.

I don't care who they put in there. Henne. Trade for Eli/Foles/Fitzpatrick. Bring back D-Rob to play QB. Sign John Manziel or Todd Bouman. Maybe let Bortles kick and let Jason Myers throw. I don't care if they pick a random fan from each game. Anything or anyone not named Blake Bortles.

I actually agree. 

Nothing is precise with Bortles.  No quick slant patterns .... everything just takes so long to develop due to his release and inability to drill a tight spiral

(10-15-2017, 08:42 PM)WorldsBestPoster Wrote:
(10-15-2017, 08:40 PM)DarloJAG84 Wrote: I love the irony in your username.

I love the quality of your posts

Hey at least my signature advertises that I talk nonsense..

(This post was last modified: 10-15-2017, 08:47 PM by WorldsBestPoster.)

(10-15-2017, 08:42 PM)flgatorsandjags Wrote: I thought he did good with the screen passes

Haha yeah well when you throw twenty of them I guess you hit a couple

(10-15-2017, 08:43 PM)DarloJAG84 Wrote:
(10-15-2017, 08:42 PM)WorldsBestPoster Wrote: I love the quality of your posts

Hey at least my signature advertises that I talk nonsense..

You're so clever too. Its a miracle you're here to grace us with your wisdom.

The play that did it for me wasn't even a throw. It was the read option late in the 3rd quarter I believe and he decided to give it to Ivory instead of keep it and run. If he had kept it he would still be running.

I do think Bortles does an excellent job with hand-offs, I can't remember any fumbled exchanges.
If something can corrupt you, you're corrupted already.
- Bob Marley

[Image: kiWL4mF.jpg]

He's doing exactly what a lot of the mensa geniuses want him to do. You've successfully turned a gunslinger into a game manager and this is what you get. It's been said by me and several others on this board before, but if you want to succeed with Blake Bortles you have to let him throw the rock downfield and live with the results. Unfortunately, we probably don't have the horses to do that right now. It is what it is. Now we have a big play quarterback who doesn't make big plays and throws screen passes with bad ball placement.

It's Coughlin and Caldwells fault for this miss. They needed to bring in a QB and Kicker. Failed on both

(10-15-2017, 08:43 PM)WorldsBestPoster Wrote:
(10-15-2017, 08:42 PM)flgatorsandjags Wrote: I thought he did good with the screen passes

Haha yeah well when you throw twenty of them I guess you hit a couple

(10-15-2017, 08:43 PM)DarloJAG84 Wrote: Hey at least my signature advertises that I talk nonsense..

You're so clever too. Its a miracle you're here to grace us with your wisdom.

The play that did it for me wasn't even a throw. It was the read option late in the 3rd quarter I believe and he decided to give it to Ivory instead of keep it and run. If  he had kept it he would still be running.

I'm glad you think so.. thanks for the compliments. It's appreciated.

(10-15-2017, 08:57 PM)BklynJag Wrote: It's Coughlin and Caldwells fault for this miss. They needed to bring in a QB and Kicker. Failed on both

while i agree with your arguments foundation, as far as QBs go, there really wasn't anything better to bring in for one year...They will draft a QB in the next draft rather than bring in a 1 year stop gap, and then draft a QB so we have 2 years of a new QB trying to learn the system

Had they brought in a QB this year, it would probably be worse as the QB doesn't know the system, and then in the draft we draft another QB and have another learning year for another QB

Trade 4 Kizer

It's amazing that this was an entire team loss but Bortles is still being blamed. He didn't block that punt, he didn't allow the other team to run 105 yards on the opening kickoff, the interception really could have been caught, or at least the receiver should have knocked it down if he couldn't catch it to ensure no one else could. He must be amazing to control the whole team and yet be the only one recognized for its failure. Yes, he didn't have a great game, but he was not the reason for this loss.

What I don't understand is if all they want to do is to have him hand off to the running back, why don't we have the widcat and cut out the middleman? Henne could just as easily hand the ball off to a running back. They said that our coach told the team at halftime that we need to throw the ball to win the game but what do they do when they come out, run on 1st down (no surprise there), run on second down (no surprise there, either) and then pass on 3rd and long when they're expecting it. We played right into their hands. When they had 9 men in the box within 10 yards of the line, did we try to go deep, no we ran right into it. We all know what the definition of insanity is.

So team yo-yo will go in and probably win next week and then lose again, just like the pattern goes. They were a victim of their own good press coverage.

(This post was last modified: 10-15-2017, 09:30 PM by Etdavis2006.)

(10-15-2017, 08:54 PM)FreeAgent01 Wrote: He's doing exactly what a lot of the mensa geniuses want him to do.  You've successfully turned a gunslinger into a game manager and this is what you get.  It's been said by me and several others on this board before, but if you want to succeed with Blake Bortles you have to let him throw the rock downfield and live with the results.  Unfortunately, we probably don't have the horses to do that right now.  It is what it is.  Now we have a big play quarterback who doesn't make big plays and throws screen passes with bad ball placement.

You want to know what wrong with that thinking, we let him do that the past 3 years and never won more than fives games. Many of the games we lost was a direct result of him throwing the game away only to gain monster stats in garbage time. Yes is said garabage time. He just isn’t any good. Do you really think we would even be 3-3 this year if Marrone let Blake just go out there and sling it all over the yard? Come on son. He isn’t not big qb because if he was he would have never throw an pick in field goal range and made big plays today. He just not any good. We were fooled just like when Garrad had his one good year

17 points scored is on the qb especially when he’s seeing stacked boxes on every play.

Special Teams lost us that game. They gave up 14 points and we lost by 10.

Blake wasn't great, but the loss isn't squarely on him this week. Unfortunately, he didn't go out and win it either.
IT WAS ALWAYS THE JAGS

Do you guys watch any other football? It is so clear Blake is a bottom 5 QB in this league and we cannot win anything of significance with Jim under center.

(10-15-2017, 09:08 PM)wrong_box Wrote: Cry
(10-15-2017, 08:57 PM)BklynJag Wrote: It's Coughlin and Caldwells fault for this miss. They needed to bring in a QB and Kicker. Failed on both

while i agree with your arguments foundation, as far as QBs go, there really wasn't anything better to bring in for one year...They will draft a QB in the next draft rather than bring in a 1 year stop gap, and then draft a QB so we have 2 years of a new QB trying to learn the system

Had they brought in a QB this year, it would probably be worse as the QB doesn't know the system, and then in the draft we draft another QB and have another learning year for another QB

Cry  What? 

This is a new system so whatever you're getting at is a moot point.

(This post was last modified: 10-16-2017, 03:11 AM by FreeAgent01.)

(10-15-2017, 09:28 PM)Etdavis2006 Wrote:
(10-15-2017, 08:54 PM)FreeAgent01 Wrote: He's doing exactly what a lot of the mensa geniuses want him to do.  You've successfully turned a gunslinger into a game manager and this is what you get.  It's been said by me and several others on this board before, but if you want to succeed with Blake Bortles you have to let him throw the rock downfield and live with the results.  Unfortunately, we probably don't have the horses to do that right now.  It is what it is.  Now we have a big play quarterback who doesn't make big plays and throws screen passes with bad ball placement.

You want to know what wrong with that thinking, we let him do that the past 3 years and never won more than fives games. Many of the games we lost was a direct result of him throwing the game away only to gain monster stats in garbage time. Yes is said garabage time. He just isn’t any good. Do you really think we would even be 3-3 this year if Marrone let Blake just go out there and sling it all over the yard? Come on son. He isn’t not big qb because if he was he would have never throw an pick in field goal range and made big plays today. He just not any good. We were fooled just like when Garrad had his one good year

17 points scored is on the qb especially when he’s seeing stacked boxes on every play.

Except that isn't completely true. We weren't letting him throw it all around the yard. After he had some interceptions in September, we went into games last season very conservative and asked him to throw on 3rd and longs to start the game. Look back and you'll see he threw significantly less in first quarters than any other quarter. We wouldn't open things up until we were down by two or more scores and that isn't an ideal situation for any quarterback to throw into. We had no run game and no balance.

Would we win more this season if we opened it up? Most likely not. We don't have the weapons to do it. If we did, however, we would definitely be better served doing so. The whole conservative run offense is antiquated in today's NFL for a reason. To win in the NFL, put simply, you have to play good defense and make more big splash plays than the other team. The premise behind playing conservatively on offense is that you keep it close and hope the other team shoots itself in the foot. That just doesn't happen very often in the NFL anymore. We won three games so far by our defense making more splash plays than the other team, which didn't happen today.

The volume of people who are putting this game on Blake's shoulders is, frankly, embarrassing. Besides the fact that it is near impossible to win a game where your special teams spots the other team 23 points (almost 26), look at the talent Blake was surrounded with today.

Blake played with:
2 1st rounders
2 2nd rounders
1 3rd rounder
1 5th rounder
2 7th rounders
7 UDFAs

One of those 1sts was Marcedes Lewis who watched Noah disembark. One of those 2nds has been a bust and dropped a couple of passes. The 3rd rounder isn't good. The offense lacks talent. Offenses aren't meant to hum when they are predominantly UDFA's and 7th rounders.

(This post was last modified: 10-16-2017, 07:26 AM by Mowerguy.)

While bb5's hohum performance would have been "good enough" to win.....the ram's 105 yard TD return, FG from Nortman's lousy punt and the blocked punt with 6 yard TD pretty much told the story.
Yeah, he's hard to watch and is definitely NOT what we thought the Jags drafted.
But, he's here for the rest of the year so we still have to watch him.
It was special teams that lost us this game... period.

It is interesting how the Jags can beat the squealers who went on to beat KC yesterday..
"Stay tight, stay close. Great things are going to continue to happen for this football team."  - Doug Peterson