Create Account

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
Not another pass

(10-15-2017, 09:22 PM)rhanna2 Wrote: It's amazing that this was an entire team loss but Bortles is still being blamed. He didn't block that punt, he didn't allow the other team to run 105 yards on the opening kickoff, the interception really could have been caught, or at least the receiver should have knocked it down if he couldn't catch it to ensure no one else could. He must be amazing to control the whole team and yet be the only one recognized for its failure. Yes, he didn't have a great game, but he was not the reason for this loss.

What I don't understand is if all they want to do is to have him hand off to the running back, why don't we have the widcat and cut out the middleman? Henne could just as easily hand the ball off to a running back. They said that our coach told the team at halftime that we need to throw the ball to win the game but what do they do when they come out, run on 1st down (no surprise there), run on second down (no surprise there, either) and then pass on 3rd and long when they're expecting it. We played right into their hands. When they had 9 men in the box within 10 yards of the line, did we try to go deep, no we ran right into it. We all know what the definition of insanity is.

So team yo-yo will go in and probably win next week and then lose again, just like the pattern goes. They were a victim of their own good press coverage.

It was a special teams loss. The defense actually held up well and the running game was productive. But there will be games in which you need your QB to step up and take over and that's why Bortles is getting the blame. This is the main thing that distinguishes good teams from average or bad teams.
I'm condescending. That means I talk down to you.

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

idk why people continue to make excuses for our QB

Fournette did all the work on 1 TD... that means blake and the offense scored 10 points the rest of the way.. granted our kicker is trash and left a few points on the board, and I absolutely agree our special teams cost us this game, but our QB still continues to hold us back and give us 0 chance to win if the other 2 phases dont play perfectly

That discussed Eli trade doesn't look so bad now does it?
Jaguars | Pacers | Purdue | Team USA

In the grand scheme of the Bortles blame game, this is fairly low on the totem pole for him. Still, he had more than a few chances to lead the team to a win anyway and he failed.

It sucks that every game requires more or less perfection from every other facet of the game because the QB can't overcome any adversity.

If this team has to play from behind, it an automatic loss. Plain and simple , so yes while special teams hurt us, we had opportunities to win and Blake just can't QB goo enough to make up for it.

(10-16-2017, 08:05 AM)BklynJag Wrote: If this team has to play from behind, it an automatic loss. Plain and simple , so yes while special teams hurt us, we had opportunities to win and Blake just can't QB goo enough to make up for it.

Bklyn is 100% right here. If we are down by two scores the odds of Blake being able to make a comeback is very low. When we are down our only hope is a screen that breaks away to the end zone for 70 yards. And how often does that happen?
Jaguars | Pacers | Purdue | Team USA

Blake is the biggest issue on the team and that is not even up for discussion. We've all seen it 100000 times when the QB is better everything else is better and that includes the run D. For those of you saying that people are putting the game solely on Blake I have yet to see anyone make that comment. Yes special teams were +17 in favor of them and -6 for us with Myers. That is 23 points we all see that.

Bortles had chances yesterday and produced nothing. Just like the Jets game. 3-3 would be 5-1 even with the disastrous ST yesterday and the 2 run plays from the Jets with just "okay" quarterbacking. Defend the loser drug addict QB all you want but he played just as big of a role if not bigger in the loss yesterday.

Bortles throws for less than 100 and we win.... throws for 200+ and we lose...

coincidence?

(This post was last modified: 10-16-2017, 10:06 AM by spacecoastjag.)

(10-16-2017, 03:08 AM)FreeAgent01 Wrote:
(10-15-2017, 09:28 PM)Etdavis2006 Wrote: You want to know what wrong with that thinking, we let him do that the past 3 years and never won more than fives games. Many of the games we lost was a direct result of him throwing the game away only to gain monster stats in garbage time. Yes is said garabage time. He just isn’t any good. Do you really think we would even be 3-3 this year if Marrone let Blake just go out there and sling it all over the yard? Come on son. He isn’t not big qb because if he was he would have never throw an pick in field goal range and made big plays today. He just not any good. We were fooled just like when Garrad had his one good year

17 points scored is on the qb especially when he’s seeing stacked boxes on every play.

Except that isn't completely true. We weren't letting him throw it all around the yard. After he had some interceptions in September, we went into games last season very conservative and asked him to throw on 3rd and longs to start the game. Look back and you'll see he threw significantly less in first quarters than any other quarter. We wouldn't open things up until we were down by two or more scores and that isn't an ideal situation for any quarterback to throw into. We had no run game and no balance.

Would we win more this season if we opened it up? Most likely not. We don't have the weapons to do it. If we did, however, we would definitely be better served doing so. The whole conservative run offense is antiquated in today's NFL for a reason. To win in the NFL, put simply, you have to play good defense and make more big splash plays than the other team. The premise behind playing conservatively on offense is that you keep it close and hope the other team shoots itself in the foot. That just doesn't happen very often in the NFL anymore. We won three games so far by our defense making more splash plays than the other team, which didn't happen today.

The volume of people who are putting this game on Blake's shoulders is, frankly, embarrassing. Besides the fact that it is near impossible to win a game where your special teams spots the other team 23 points (almost 26), look at the talent Blake was surrounded with today.

Blake played with:
2 1st rounders
2 2nd rounders
1 3rd rounder
1 5th rounder
2 7th rounders
7 UDFAs

One of those 1sts was Marcedes Lewis who watched Noah disembark. One of those 2nds has been a bust and dropped a couple of passes. The 3rd rounder isn't good. The offense lacks talent. Offenses aren't meant to hum when they are predominantly UDFA's and 7th rounders.

This is one of the most intelligent posts I've read on here. I'm on 6 message boards regularly and this is by far the least intelligent one. 

Good post.......Don't you know Marcedes Lewis, Marquise "I lead the NFL in drops" Lee, and Keelan Cole are great weapons?! 

I mean these are bottom of the barrel weapons. Hurns disappears more than a ship in the Bermuda triangle. The guy isn't worth $40 mil.

(10-16-2017, 07:57 AM)Browntrouser Wrote: That discussed Eli trade doesn't look so bad now does it?

You guys talk like Eli, Romo, and Cousins WANT to live in Jacksonville. They don't.

(10-16-2017, 09:51 AM)WorldsBestPoster Wrote: Blake is the biggest issue on the team and that is not even up for discussion. We've all seen it 100000 times when the QB is better everything else is better and that includes the run D. For those of you saying that people are putting the game solely on Blake I have yet to see anyone make that comment. Yes special teams were +17 in favor of them and -6 for us with Myers. That is 23 points we all see that.

Bortles had chances yesterday and produced nothing. Just like the Jets game. 3-3 would be 5-1 even with the disastrous ST yesterday and the 2 run plays from the Jets with just "okay" quarterbacking. Defend the loser drug addict QB all you want but he played just as big of a role if not bigger in the loss yesterday.

Now Bortles is a drug addict?! hahaha Duval county brain cells at it's finest.

(This post was last modified: 10-16-2017, 10:09 AM by Kane.)

(10-16-2017, 10:03 AM)spacecoastjag Wrote:
(10-16-2017, 03:08 AM)FreeAgent01 Wrote: Except that isn't completely true. We weren't letting him throw it all around the yard. After he had some interceptions in September, we went into games last season very conservative and asked him to throw on 3rd and longs to start the game. Look back and you'll see he threw significantly less in first quarters than any other quarter. We wouldn't open things up until we were down by two or more scores and that isn't an ideal situation for any quarterback to throw into. We had no run game and no balance.

Would we win more this season if we opened it up? Most likely not. We don't have the weapons to do it. If we did, however, we would definitely be better served doing so. The whole conservative run offense is antiquated in today's NFL for a reason. To win in the NFL, put simply, you have to play good defense and make more big splash plays than the other team. The premise behind playing conservatively on offense is that you keep it close and hope the other team shoots itself in the foot. That just doesn't happen very often in the NFL anymore. We won three games so far by our defense making more splash plays than the other team, which didn't happen today.

The volume of people who are putting this game on Blake's shoulders is, frankly, embarrassing. Besides the fact that it is near impossible to win a game where your special teams spots the other team 23 points (almost 26), look at the talent Blake was surrounded with today.

Blake played with:
2 1st rounders
2 2nd rounders
1 3rd rounder
1 5th rounder
2 7th rounders
7 UDFAs

One of those 1sts was Marcedes Lewis who watched Noah disembark. One of those 2nds has been a bust and dropped a couple of passes. The 3rd rounder isn't good. The offense lacks talent. Offenses aren't meant to hum when they are predominantly UDFA's and 7th rounders.

This is one of the most intelligent posts I've read on here. I'm on 6 message boards regularly and this is by far the least intelligent one. 

Good post.......Don't you know Marcedes Lewis, Marquise "I lead the NFL in drops" Lee, and Keelan Cole are great weapons?! 

I mean these are bottom of the barrel weapons. Hurns disappears more than a ship in the Bermuda triangle. The guy isn't worth $40 mil.

(10-16-2017, 07:57 AM)Browntrouser Wrote: That discussed Eli trade doesn't look so bad now does it?

You guys talk like Eli, Romo, and Cousins WANT to live in Jacksonville. They don't.

Are you still trying to say Blake Bortles is good?
Also... someone who scours 6+ message boards daily shouldn't talk smack about the intelligence level of others.

I mean how crappy is your life that you spend so much time on so many message boards lol

(10-16-2017, 10:03 AM)spacecoastjag Wrote:
(10-16-2017, 03:08 AM)FreeAgent01 Wrote: Except that isn't completely true. We weren't letting him throw it all around the yard. After he had some interceptions in September, we went into games last season very conservative and asked him to throw on 3rd and longs to start the game. Look back and you'll see he threw significantly less in first quarters than any other quarter. We wouldn't open things up until we were down by two or more scores and that isn't an ideal situation for any quarterback to throw into. We had no run game and no balance.

Blake played with:
2 1st rounders
2 2nd rounders
1 3rd rounder
1 5th rounder
2 7th rounders
7 UDFAs

So you need a perfect supporting cast to surround your top 5 pick? Get real.

Bortles is not a good QB. It's why teams throw 8 in the box and Blake still can't take advantage of it. What was the excuse last year? Bradley?

Alex Smith sure is having a good season.... He doesn't have a single 1st round pick to throw to or had the ball off to. You're continuing to make excuses for a QB that is holding this team back. Yesterday, the special teams played really bad and that's clear. What happened against Tennesee or the Jets? Who do you blame?

@NFL_Journal Rams ran a 4-4 defense much of game after long run. Also used 3-4 with safety in box. Dared Bortles to beat them https://t.co/Hc1P7l65dC

This is why we will never win consistently. Every team will Do This.

(10-16-2017, 10:34 AM)BklynJag Wrote: @NFL_Journal Rams ran a 4-4 defense much of game after long run. Also used 3-4 with safety in box. Dared Bortles to beat them https://t.co/Hc1P7l65dC

I was absolutely positive you'd be posting this in multiple threads.  Thanks for not disappointing.
[Image: IMG-1452.jpg]

Video 

The song as Bortles leads the Jags, 2 scores behind in the 4th quarter, to clinch the division title, last game of the season against the Titans

(10-16-2017, 10:37 AM)Rico Wrote:
(10-16-2017, 10:34 AM)BklynJag Wrote: @NFL_Journal Rams ran a 4-4 defense much of game after long run. Also used 3-4 with safety in box. Dared Bortles to beat them https://t.co/Hc1P7l65dC

I was absolutely positive you'd be posting this in multiple threads.  Thanks for not disappointing.

It relates to both threads. Stop being a cry baby.

(10-16-2017, 10:50 AM)BklynJag Wrote:
(10-16-2017, 10:37 AM)Rico Wrote: I was absolutely positive you'd be posting this in multiple threads.  Thanks for not disappointing.

It relates to both threads. Stop being a cry baby.

I'm curious how me knowing your MO makes me a crybaby.  I don't see anybody else here doing it.  It's what makes you 'special'.

I'm actually a little disappointed.  You missed a couple that you could have copied and pasted into.  But you stopped at two.  You're slipping.
[Image: IMG-1452.jpg]

The jags should call the Vikings about Bridgewater. He's just been cleared.

(10-16-2017, 03:08 AM)FreeAgent01 Wrote:
(10-15-2017, 09:28 PM)Etdavis2006 Wrote: You want to know what wrong with that thinking, we let him do that the past 3 years and never won more than fives games. Many of the games we lost was a direct result of him throwing the game away only to gain monster stats in garbage time. Yes is said garabage time. He just isn’t any good. Do you really think we would even be 3-3 this year if Marrone let Blake just go out there and sling it all over the yard? Come on son. He isn’t not big qb because if he was he would have never throw an pick in field goal range and made big plays today. He just not any good. We were fooled just like when Garrad had his one good year

17 points scored is on the qb especially when he’s seeing stacked boxes on every play.

Except that isn't completely true. We weren't letting him throw it all around the yard. After he had some interceptions in September, we went into games last season very conservative and asked him to throw on 3rd and longs to start the game. Look back and you'll see he threw significantly less in first quarters than any other quarter. We wouldn't open things up until we were down by two or more scores and that isn't an ideal situation for any quarterback to throw into. We had no run game and no balance.

Blake played with:
2 1st rounders
2 2nd rounders
1 3rd rounder
1 5th rounder
2 7th rounders
7 UDFAs

I 100% percent agree with the idea that you must throw to win in this league. That is the modern NFL. The issue we face is that the qb is not any good. Just as you said look at the numbers. If you look at the number the games he thre for 300 plus yard he lost damn near all of them. When he turns the ball over 2 times we loss all of them. When he is restrained and kept from making bad plays and not putting up the major yardage and touchdowns, then we have been an above 500 team. That tells me the more he throws is actually a hinderence to the success of them team. Even if he can make a good play his bad play far outweighs that. The number and outcomes tell us that. This antiquated style is unfortunately the reason we are even .500 for the first time after 6 games in 4 years with a qb who is the supposed gun slinger. 

The reality is he is just not any good. If he was we would have won more games when he was throwing for 300 hundred yards and 5 tds. Their is a correlation once you see his massive interception totals and fumble numbers. He was good the teams we played got to a point in the game where they traded yardage for time off the clock

(This post was last modified: 10-16-2017, 11:29 AM by FreeAgent01.)

Blake is 1-5 in games where he throws for 300+ yards and has zero turnovers. Hell, we even got blown out when he threw for 300+ with 3tds and 0 turnovers. The team was just bad.

Everything we do in the passing game looks difficult. EVERYTHING.

I cringe every time Bortles drops back. It looks agonizing to complete the easiest of routes. So many young QBs look effortless at times. 4 years vets look great on the small things, but not Bortles.

The loss yesterday isn't his fault, but the Rams dared him to beat them and he couldn't. He didn't see receivers open (he never does) and checked down over and over again. Until we get a new QB, we'll never be consistently good.