Create Account

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
Jaguars.com - Game that was: Fournette says he’s OK

Game that was: Fournette says he’s OK

http://prod.www.jaguars.clubs.nfl.com/ne...89ada5a8b2

Jaguars RB Leonard Fournette on ankle injury sustained late in a 27-17 loss to the Los Angeles Rams at EverBank Field Sunday: “It’s nothing serious … I am alright. I j

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

(This post was last modified: 10-16-2017, 01:41 AM by LAjag.)

(10-15-2017, 10:25 PM)Jaxson Wrote: Game that was: Fournette says he’s OK

http://prod.www.jaguars.clubs.nfl.com/ne...89ada5a8b2

Jaguars RB Leonard Fournette on ankle injury sustained late in a 27-17 loss to the Los Angeles Rams at EverBank Field Sunday: “It’s nothing serious … I am alright. I j

Thing is swollen and black and blue by now. I'm sure he'll stay off if it and think he's fine by Sunday but every third run he'll be signaling to the sideline and limping off. This is exactly what happened at LSU. 

He'll say he's fine every time, don't do what Les did and play him too early. He had to be pulled halfway through every other game after re-aggravating it and never played above 80%. A 2000yd college back turned into an 800 yard college back because we rushed him back

Sit him @Indy next week and then we have a bye. Don't ruin the rest of the season for one game, Blake could use the work and Ivory should have fresh legs anyway. Please Dont turn a 1400 yard NFL back into a 900 yard NFL back, it will cost us more down the stretch regardless of week 7s outcome.

(10-16-2017, 01:39 AM)LAjag Wrote: Thing is swollen and black and blue by now. I'm sure he'll stay off if it and think he's fine by Sunday but every third run he'll be signaling to the sideline and limping off. This is exactly what happened at LSU. 

He'll say he's fine every time, don't do what Les did and play him too early. He had to be pulled halfway through every other game after re-aggravating it and never played above 80%. A 2000yd college back turned into an 800 yard college back because we rushed him back

Sit him @Indy next week and then we have a bye. Don't ruin the rest of the season for one game, Blake could use the work and Ivory should have fresh legs anyway. Please Dont turn a 1400 yard NFL back into a 900 yard NFL back, it will cost us more down the stretch regardless of week 7s outcome.

Have you seen pictures of a big bruise on his right ankle?

Les Miles kept him out of seven games last year IIRC. Playing at all against Florida was a fluke. And what do you mean by a 2,000 yard RB?

If Leonard Fournette can play effectively for even part of the game without risking aggravation, he should be active. He would split carries with Chris Ivory anyway.

(This post was last modified: 10-17-2017, 01:49 PM by LAjag.)

No I've just sprained mine 10+ times (actual sprains) and followed his entire career. Why do you think it was 7? Typical 7 week recovery time or because he played him a week and half after the initial injury and ruined him for the season?

Leonard rolled it in practice a little over a week out from the opener and reaggravated it week 1. Sat out against cupcake week 2 then reaggravated it in both week 3 and 4 limping off unable to return in both. Miles was fired game 4 then Leonard sits for 3 weeks but damage was already done, way more than needed  to be. 

By 2000 yd runner: He was a 2000yd college talent. Had ~2k as a soph and would have had similar as jr as well if Miles wasn't fighting for his job. He was in and out the rest of the year and never really looked the same after re aggravating it 3x in the first 4 weeks. 

"If Leonard Fournette can play effectively for even part of the game without risking aggravation, he should be active." No such thing 7 days after rolling around on the ground like that. Could be the 3rd carry, could be the 10th, but it's not healed just taped and waiting to get worse on any given carry. 

Week after the bye he gets hurt? Sure let him grind the rest of the season. If you waste a golden opportunity here to actually give him time to fully heal (sit then bye) rather than start healing from scatch again next week the staff failed. 

I know hindsight is 20/20 and there is a chance he gets limited carries and never winces once. But it's my opinion right now you don't put him on the field if you are actually trying to make a run this year. A man his size with the force in his cuts is a huge risk a week removed, I watched him re aggravate it 5x with my own eyes last year. 
The season isn't on the line this week like LSUs was week 1 last year, to make the post season in college you pretty much cannot lose. This is the NFL, and its Indy no less. Don't risk it

Seven games could just be a number off the top of my head. I knew he was battling an ankle injury most of the season.

Do you think his current ankle injury is related and he will have trouble with it all year?

(10-17-2017, 02:30 PM)JaguarsWoman Wrote: Seven games could just be a number off the top of my head. I knew he was battling an ankle injury most of the season.

Do you think his current ankle injury is related and he will have trouble with it all year?

No one KNOWS the answer to that. To speculate is pure guessing and that's not what this topic is about. It's about him being ok and we should be grateful.

(This post was last modified: 10-17-2017, 02:57 PM by LAjag.)

(10-17-2017, 02:30 PM)JaguarsWoman Wrote: Seven games could just be a number off the top of my head. I knew he was battling an ankle injury most of the season.

It was a very good guess ha. It was officially 6 but we had a game against south Alabama cancelled that likely would have made it 7. When I said why do you think it was 7 I meant why do you think it cost him so much time, insinuating his premature return not the initial injury was the reason

I'm not 100% sure it's the same ankle, but I know he turned down a fairly routine surgery in the offseason to get ready for the draft. I think he has it this offseason. Once you injure an ankle multiple times it's essentially permanently weakened unless you have surgery. PT can strengthen it but not 100% in my opinion, done both. 

But like an above poster said main thing is it's still great news considering the alternative. He could play and I'm sure he wants to, it's my opinion it's better for us and him to give him 2 full weeks rest. Especially since it's against a struggling team bad team followed by a bye.

(10-17-2017, 02:32 PM)Brett Wrote:

No one KNOWS the answer to that. To speculate is pure guessing and that's not what this topic is about. It's about him being OK and we should be grateful.

I am grateful it is not worse. If he is walking without assistance, that's great. Without a limp, even better. Hopefully it will not be long before he can participate in practice, even if he is limited.

(10-17-2017, 02:48 PM)LAjag Wrote: It was a very good guess ha. It was officially 6 but we had a game against South Alabama cancelled that likely would have made it 7. When I said why do you think it was 7 I meant why do you think it cost him so much time, insinuating his premature return not the initial injury was the reason

I'm not 100% sure it's the same ankle, but I know he turned down a fairly routine surgery in the offseason to get ready for the draft. I think he has it this offseason. Once you injure an ankle multiple times it's essentially permanently weakened unless you have surgery. PT can strengthen it but not 100% in my opinion, done both. 

But like an above poster said main thing is it's still great news considering the alternative. He could play and I'm sure he wants to, it's my opinion it's better for us and him to give him 2 full weeks rest. Especially since it's against a struggling team bad team followed by a bye.

I agree on resting before the bye. We are lucky to play against a crappy defense Sunday. (Tennessee never punted.)

I have heard of players postponing surgery until after the combine, but totally skipping an operation is probably a result of doctors believing it is not necessary. Of course we know in hindsight that is not always a good decision (Rob Gronkowski, Tony Romo, and Ryan Tannehill made that mistake). I am not worried at this time about Leonard Fournette needing it.

The return was "premature" because he was not supposed to play against the Gators. Reportedly a pregame incident occurred in which he talked a coach into playing. Is that actually what happened?

(This post was last modified: 10-17-2017, 03:29 PM by LAjag.)

"The return was "premature" because he was not supposed to play against the Gators. Reportedly a pregame incident occurred in which he talked a coach into playing. Is that actually what happened?"

Yes there was a little scuffle pregame that got the juices flowing and O let him play. The only reason he was still dealing with the injury in November was because playing him week 1 was premature, limping to the locker room and having to sit week 2 should have been proof enough for Miles. Original injury was late august in camp, and he kept doing more and more damage the first quarter of the season because they never gave it time to heal.

You have to bite the bullet sometimes, and like I was saying college is do or die all year if you want one of those 4 playoff spots 120 teams are fighting for. The NFL is a marathon not a sprint, he could play for sure but resting him this week would prevent a repeat of LSUs mistake.