Create Account

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
Westbrook is Coming Soon!!

*Marrone said a decision had not yet been made about wide receiver Dede Westbrook’s status for Sunday. Westbrook, a fourth-round selection in the 2017 NFL Draft, missed the first seven games of the season on injured reserve after core-muscle surgery. He is eligible to come off injured reserve this week, and could play Sunday if activated. “We have that ability,” Marrone said. “We haven’t made that decision.” …

Jaguars.com ^

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

I feel like there is more to Dede behind the scenes. He should be a no brainer to be activated but even going back to preseason it always seemed like Dede was low on the depth chart and playing late into games. I wonder if he is struggling with the mental aspect of the game or playbook?

(11-03-2017, 06:26 PM)HolsterHusto Wrote: I feel like there is more to Dede behind the scenes. He should be a no brainer to be activated but even going back to preseason it always seemed like Dede was low on the depth chart and playing late into games. I wonder if he is struggling with the mental aspect of the game or playbook?

From what I can remember Marrone in the preseason said that Westbrook was still struggling a bit against press coverage and that was the area he needed to work on.
Not saying it's related to him not being activated yet but the only sort of issue (beside the injury) that I remember Westbrook had (or at least that was mentioned) was that one. But he also praised him other times for other things so...I guess we'll just have to wait and see Smile

I think they know Westbrook will play but they are waiting till the last sec before they activate him to get that little bit of an edge. Marrone always does this. If they know Westbrook will play they will spend more time watching film on him

(11-03-2017, 08:48 PM)flgatorsandjags Wrote: I think they know Westbrook will play but they are waiting till the last sec before they activate him to get that little bit of an edge.  Marrone always does this.  If they know Westbrook will play they will spend more time watching film on him

I was thinking the same thing.

Anyone know when we have to activate him by? Can it really be done Sunday morning?
IT WAS ALWAYS THE JAGS

(11-03-2017, 08:59 PM)imtheblkranger Wrote: Anyone know when we have to activate him by? Can it really be done Sunday morning?

I think we do it tomorrow

(This post was last modified: 11-04-2017, 04:06 PM by flgatorsandjags.)

Damn, Westbrook won't play tomorrow

Hopefully he makes his debut next week

(11-04-2017, 04:06 PM)flgatorsandjags Wrote: Damn, Westbrook won't play tomorrow

Who said that

Mike Kaye reporting that he needed to be activated by 4pm today, did not happen

(11-04-2017, 04:20 PM)Pdiddy Wrote:
(11-04-2017, 04:06 PM)flgatorsandjags Wrote: Damn, Westbrook won't play tomorrow

Who said that

me

(11-04-2017, 04:30 PM)Go Jagwaas Derp Wrote: Mike Kaye reporting that he needed to be activated by 4pm today, did not happen

Dang. I really wanna hear why

(11-04-2017, 04:56 PM)Pdiddy Wrote:
(11-04-2017, 04:30 PM)Go Jagwaas Derp Wrote: Mike Kaye reporting that he needed to be activated by 4pm today, did not happen

Dang. I really wanna hear why

He said he was not aware of the time change and couldn't get his body ready in time.

Phillip Heilman‏
@phillip_heilman
Follow Follow @phillip_heilman
Marrone on Westbrook: "We don't want to bring him back too early if he's not ready, and we have time on our side."

Westbrook the secret playoff sauce.
Bleeding Teal since 1995. The Icon Teal Time Radio aka ctjags

#Gojags

No updates? It would be very surprising if he didn't play this Sunday, right?

He'll play if the coaches feel that he is ready.  Keep in mind, he hasn't played a "real" NFL snap yet.

There are 10 kinds of people in this world.  Those who understand binary and those who don't.

I'd actually be surprised to see him playing Sunday. On Monday Marrone said they didn't think he was ready to play last week and I doubt that has changed dramatically this week.
I think they'll activate him next week and take it from there.

He’s not replacing Cole, Lee, Hurns and Benn. Benn plays too much special teams. Mickens is now the punt return man. So will we really dress 6 WRs?