Create Account

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
Westbrook is Coming Soon!!

Honestly, as good as this offense looked today, after the Bye we'll have back:

Linder (Should be)
Cam
Fournette
Westbrook
Strong (maybe)

That's a pretty significant upgrade.
IT WAS ALWAYS THE JAGS

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

not so sure we will have Cam back by then but I sure hope so

(10-22-2017, 08:12 PM)J-Mizzal Wrote:
(10-22-2017, 06:59 PM)Etdavis2006 Wrote: Cinci.

I’m ready to get him and Strong on the field. Fournette will be back with Linder and Robinson. Looks like we are getting healthy at the right time and have some quality depth

Strong doesnt play ST which is why he wont be active, I think he is gonna be more of a stash this year, we called up a guy from the PS over him.

Dede comes back and can return punts and play on offense

Most likely that new wr is gonna get cut to place Westbrook on the active roster. Strong is also on the active roster just not active on game day. It’s very possible we see him at some point this year maybe over a Keelan Cole or they deactivate a d linemen to have him out there. But you’re most likely right. Just depth in case some one gets hurt.

(10-16-2017, 10:23 AM)BklynJag Wrote: Cole played well in the preseason as well. Now, that dude needs to be cut, he's been invisible.

smh

(10-22-2017, 08:49 PM)Krayz_Jville_D Wrote: Not so sure we will have Cam back by then but I sure hope so.

It would be a miracle if Cam Robinson plays against the Bengals based on how he left the game Sunday.

(10-16-2017, 09:05 AM)Bullseye Wrote: Westbrook might add something to the passing game if we keep him in motion or otherwise off the LOS to ensure a clean release.

I'd just put him in Lee's old spot ( "Z" often lined up off the line - available for motion/reverses) and keep Lee in A-Rob's old spot (X) more often than he is now  -  with Hurns in the slot (Y).

I agree with the above. Westbrrok needs to be lined up outside and Hurns needs to play mostly in the slot.

I was anxious to see Westbrook this season. I don't think he played against any starting defenses during the preseason but he was essentially unstoppable with Brandon Allen throwing him the ball. Dude had a different gear and could take the top off.
No pain, no gain.

(10-24-2017, 04:53 PM)NYC4jags Wrote:
(10-16-2017, 09:05 AM)Bullseye Wrote: Westbrook might add something to the passing game if we keep him in motion or otherwise off the LOS to ensure a clean release.

I'd just put him in Lee's old spot ( "Z" often lined up off the line - available for motion/reverses) and keep Lee in A-Rob's old spot (X) more often than he is now  -  with Hurns in the slot (Y).

I would be really happy to see this. Hopefully get Hurns a few more touches while we are at it.

Firsts play against the Bengals, play action to Fournette and a deep ball to Westbrook

Is it official he will play against the Bengals? I have not even seen anything about him practicing.

(10-24-2017, 07:39 PM)flgatorsandjags Wrote: Firsts play against the Bengals, play action to Fournette and a deep ball to Westbrook

I would endorse this completely if I knew Cam Robinson were healthy.

Unlike the Colts, the Bengals can get after the passer and play good pass defense.

Worst to 1st.  Curse Reversed!

I can't believe there are so many pages on this thread. Westbrook is a promising weapon but I don't think he has a huge impact this season.
Coughlin when asked if winning will be a focus: "What the hell else is there? This is nice and dandy, but winning is what all this is about."

(10-25-2017, 03:07 AM)Achilles Wrote: I can't believe there are so many pages on this thread. Westbrook is a promising weapon but I don't think he has a huge impact this season.

If Bortles can find him deep even just once in week nine and/or ten it could begin to turn the tide of teams being so committed to putting 8 or 9 defenders in the box. 

That's a pretty big potential impact.  

His speed makes this an attainable goal if Blake can get the ball to him.  If they could dial that up with Cole last week, it stands to reason that the better, faster rookie receiver can pull it off as well.

(10-24-2017, 04:41 PM)JaguarsWoman Wrote:
(10-22-2017, 08:49 PM)Krayz_Jville_D Wrote: Not so sure we will have Cam back by then but I sure hope so.

It would be a miracle if Cam Robinson plays against the Bengals based on how he left the game Sunday.

A miracle?

IDK bout all that... it's an ankle sprain, he's a big guy, I'm sure it hurt real bad.

If he stays off it for a full week and it isn't a "high" ankle sprain, I think he'll be taped up and playing.

I picked him up in my fantasy league so he better make an impact, lol.

(10-24-2017, 09:14 PM)JaguarsWoman Wrote: Is it official he will play against the Bengals? I have not even seen anything about him practicing.

nobody is practicing its a bye week
<B><FONT color=cyan>Jags this is your year</FONT></B>

(10-25-2017, 10:32 AM)NYC4jags Wrote:
(10-25-2017, 03:07 AM)Achilles Wrote: I can't believe there are so many pages on this thread. Westbrook is a promising weapon but I don't think he has a huge impact this season.

If Bortles can find him deep even just once in week nine and/or ten it could begin to turn the tide of teams being so committed to putting 8 or 9 defenders in the box. 

That's a pretty big potential impact.  

His speed makes this an attainable goal if Blake can get the ball to him.  If they could dial that up with Cole last week, it stands to reason that the better, faster rookie receiver can pull it off as well.

Especially coupled with the bomb to Cole against the Colts.

Worst to 1st.  Curse Reversed!

(This post was last modified: 10-25-2017, 01:35 PM by JaguarsWoman.)

(10-25-2017, 11:16 AM)Kane Wrote: A miracle?

IDK about all that... it's an ankle sprain, he's a big guy, I'm sure it hurt real bad.

If he stays off it for a full week and it isn't a "high" ankle sprain, I think he'll be taped up and playing.

It's probably a high ankle sprain based on what I saw and heard. Being a big guy could actually make the injury slower to heal, although that is not always the case. Regardless of its location, Cam Robinson probably can't practice all three days next week.

(10-25-2017, 12:52 PM)J-Mizzal Wrote:
(10-24-2017, 09:14 PM)JaguarsWoman Wrote: Is it official he will play against the Bengals? I have not even seen anything about him practicing.

Nobody is practicing its a bye week

Players on IR can start practicing after 6 weeks.