Create Account

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
'Alien abductee' mom in high-stakes run for Congress

'Alien abductee' mom in high-stakes run for Congress

A Miami-area congressional candidate says she was abducted by aliens when she was 7 years old – and 10 years later, it happened again. 

Real aliens – as in saucer-flying extraterrestrials – supposedly took her into their spacecraft and talked to her “about a series of things that would happen,” she recounted in two TV interviews posted on YouTube.

http://www.foxnews.com/politics/2017/10/...gress.html
You know trouble is right around the corner when your best friend tells you to hold his beer!!

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

(10-16-2017, 03:10 PM)The Drifter Wrote: 'Alien abductee' mom in high-stakes run for Congress

A Miami-area congressional candidate says she was abducted by aliens when she was 7 years old – and 10 years later, it happened again. 

Real aliens – as in saucer-flying extraterrestrials – supposedly took her into their spacecraft and talked to her “about a series of things that would happen,” she recounted in two TV interviews posted on YouTube.

Any publicity is good publicity.

"Why should I give information to you when all you want to do is find something wrong with it?"

Republicans...

(10-16-2017, 03:59 PM)The Real Marty Wrote: Republicans...

Doesn't say which party she's with. And usually in the press, that means she's a Democrat lol
You know trouble is right around the corner when your best friend tells you to hold his beer!!

(10-16-2017, 04:26 PM)The Drifter Wrote:
(10-16-2017, 03:59 PM)The Real Marty Wrote: Republicans...

Doesn't say which party she's with. And usually in the press, that means she's a Democrat lol

She is a Republican.

(10-16-2017, 04:39 PM)The Real Marty Wrote:
(10-16-2017, 04:26 PM)The Drifter Wrote: Doesn't say which party she's with. And usually in the press, that means she's a Democrat lol

She is a Republican.

My Bad then, that's why I said "Usually"

All her accomplishments aside, she outta fit right in with the other Congressional loons!
[Image: Ben-Roethlisberger_Lerentee-McCary-Sack_...ayoffs.jpg]

(10-16-2017, 05:44 PM)B2hibry Wrote: All her accomplishments aside, she outta fit right in with the other Congressional loons!

Maybe it did happen. Who are we to say it didn't? Lots of people have made the same claims over the years. On average, 750,000 people go missing each year. The vast majority are under 18. That seems like a huge amount of people who just runaway or are kidnapped. I'm not saying I believe in alien abduction, but I wouldn't completely rule it out either.

(10-16-2017, 03:10 PM)The Drifter Wrote: 'Alien abductee' mom in high-stakes run for Congress

Yes, but did any of it come true?

(10-16-2017, 05:55 PM)TheO-LineMatters Wrote: Maybe it did happen. Who are we to say it didn't? Lots of people have made the same claims over the years. On average, 750,000 people go missing each year. The vast majority are under 18. That seems like a huge amount of people who just runaway or are kidnapped. I'm not saying I believe in alien abduction, but I wouldn't completely rule it out either.

[Image: the-truth-is-out-there.jpg]

I'm assuming Steve (Rudolf Hess) Bannon will scoop this woman up. She'll go perfectly with someone like Roy Moore.
The sun's not yellow, it's chicken.

No one believed him either [Image: anigif_enhanced-4213-1413504678-5.gif]

...and look what happened.[Image: giphy.gif]
Looking to troll? Don't bother, we supply our own.

(10-16-2017, 05:55 PM)TheO-LineMatters Wrote:
(10-16-2017, 05:44 PM)B2hibry Wrote: All her accomplishments aside, she outta fit right in with the other Congressional loons!

Maybe it did happen. Who are we to say it didn't? Lots of people have made the same claims over the years. On average, 750,000 people go missing each year. The vast majority are under 18. That seems like a huge amount of people who just runaway or are kidnapped. I'm not saying I believe in alien abduction, but I wouldn't completely rule it out either.

Literally, 98-99% if missing persons cases are resolved. Meaning they ran away and came back, we’re deceased, never really missing or something similar. There are only a couple thousand every year (on average) that are actually missing.

(10-17-2017, 11:09 AM)JagNGeorgia Wrote:
(10-16-2017, 05:55 PM)TheO-LineMatters Wrote: Maybe it did happen. Who are we to say it didn't? Lots of people have made the same claims over the years. On average, 750,000 people go missing each year. The vast majority are under 18. That seems like a huge amount of people who just runaway or are kidnapped. I'm not saying I believe in alien abduction, but I wouldn't completely rule it out either.

Literally, 98-99% if missing persons cases are resolved. Meaning they ran away and came back, we’re deceased, never really missing or something similar. There are only a couple thousand every year (on average) that are actually missing.

Can you back that up with verified statistics?

(10-17-2017, 12:22 PM)TheO-LineMatters Wrote:
(10-17-2017, 11:09 AM)JagNGeorgia Wrote: Literally, 98-99% if missing persons cases are resolved. Meaning they ran away and came back, we’re deceased, never really missing or something similar. There are only a couple thousand every year (on average) that are actually missing.

Can you back that up with verified statistics?
Can you find statistics on alien abductions that don't come from '90s mystery thriller shows?

(10-17-2017, 01:34 PM)TJBender Wrote:
(10-17-2017, 12:22 PM)TheO-LineMatters Wrote: Can you back that up with verified statistics?
Can you find statistics on alien abductions that don't come from '90s mystery thriller shows?

There are no stats on alien abductions, since they can neither be proven or debunked. There are verifiable stats on open missing person cases though. As I said before, I don't know whether she was abducted or not. I don't know if aliens abduct people or if they are on Earth at all. I can't prove or disprove either. I'm simply saying we can't know one way or another, so I wouldn't rule anything out. One thing I am sure of though, out of the infinite number of stars in the universe, Earth simply cannot be the only one that holds intelligent life. That just simply makes no sense.

You should change your avatar to Spock.

(10-17-2017, 04:10 PM)TheO-LineMatters Wrote:
(10-17-2017, 01:34 PM)TJBender Wrote: Can you find statistics on alien abductions that don't come from '90s mystery thriller shows?

There are no stats on alien abductions, since they can neither be proven or debunked. There are verifiable stats on open missing person cases though. As I said before, I don't know whether she was abducted or not. I don't know if aliens abduct people or if they are on Earth at all. I can't prove or disprove either. I'm simply saying we can't know one way or another, so I wouldn't rule anything out. One thing I am sure of though, out of the infinite number of stars in the universe, Earth simply cannot be the only one that holds intelligent life. That just simply makes no sense.

What happens in a distant galaxy is immaterial, so the number of stars is not infinite. Realistically, if we're talking about extraterrestrials actually visiting Earth we should limit this to our own galaxy, about 100 billion stars, most of them much smaller and cooler than the sun.

There are two possibilities, either spacefaring intelligent life is common, or it is uncommon. If it is common the Earth would have been colonized by extraterrestrials millions of years ago. If it is uncommon the odds of another race appearing within the last million years in a 13 billion year old galaxy are rather low. Counting humanity as a spacefaring race that would mean that for 12.999 billion years there was no intelligent race in the galaxy, and now in the last .001 billion years there are two.The fact that we are here pretty much invalidates the possibility that space aliens are visiting Earth.

"Why should I give information to you when all you want to do is find something wrong with it?"

(10-17-2017, 06:21 PM)MalabarJag Wrote:
(10-17-2017, 04:10 PM)TheO-LineMatters Wrote: There are no stats on alien abductions, since they can neither be proven or debunked. There are verifiable stats on open missing person cases though. As I said before, I don't know whether she was abducted or not. I don't know if aliens abduct people or if they are on Earth at all. I can't prove or disprove either. I'm simply saying we can't know one way or another, so I wouldn't rule anything out. One thing I am sure of though, out of the infinite number of stars in the universe, Earth simply cannot be the only one that holds intelligent life. That just simply makes no sense.

What happens in a distant galaxy is immaterial, so the number of stars is not infinite. Realistically, if we're talking about extraterrestrials actually visiting Earth we should limit this to our own galaxy, about 100 billion stars, most of them much smaller and cooler than the sun.

There are two possibilities, either spacefaring intelligent life is common, or it is uncommon. If it is common the Earth would have been colonized by extraterrestrials millions of years ago. If it is uncommon the odds of another race appearing within the last million years in a 13 billion year old galaxy are rather low. Counting humanity as a spacefaring race that would mean that for 12.999 billion years there was no intelligent race in the galaxy, and now in the last .001 billion years there are two.The fact that we are here pretty much invalidates the possibility that space aliens are visiting Earth.

Why?

(10-17-2017, 07:04 PM)TheO-LineMatters Wrote:
(10-17-2017, 06:21 PM)MalabarJag Wrote: What happens in a distant galaxy is immaterial, so the number of stars is not infinite. Realistically, if we're talking about extraterrestrials actually visiting Earth we should limit this to our own galaxy, about 100 billion stars, most of them much smaller and cooler than the sun.

Why?

Why would a race in a distant galaxy choose to visit a planet in our galaxy? Even assuming faster than light travel speeds (and I can't imagine undertaking interstellar curiosity trips at sub-light speeds) there's a lot of real estate to investigate before ever coming to the Milky Way galaxy. 

Maybe you can include the galaxies in the local group and other nearby galaxies along with the Milky Way, but that only increases the number of possible extraterrestrial home planets by a factor of a hundred or so at most, and doesn't change the argument. It just makes the meaning of common vs. uncommon slightly different. Wherever they supposedly came from there wasn't an earlier race that colonized Earth, so they would have have to arisen at cosmologically the same time as we did.

The Sci-Fi stories of other races interacting with humans are enjoyable, but Asimov's galactic empire where humans are the only higher life form in the galaxy is much more likely.

(10-17-2017, 07:40 PM)MalabarJag Wrote:
(10-17-2017, 07:04 PM)TheO-LineMatters Wrote: Why?

Why would a race in a distant galaxy choose to visit a planet in our galaxy? Even assuming faster than light travel speeds (and I can't imagine undertaking interstellar curiosity trips at sub-light speeds) there's a lot of real estate to investigate before ever coming to the Milky Way galaxy. 

Maybe you can include the galaxies in the local group and other nearby galaxies along with the Milky Way, but that only increases the number of possible extraterrestrial home planets by a factor of a hundred or so at most, and doesn't change the argument. It just makes the meaning of common vs. uncommon slightly different. Wherever they supposedly came from there wasn't an earlier race that colonized Earth, so they would have have to arisen at cosmologically the same time as we did.

The Sci-Fi stories of other races interacting with humans are enjoyable, but Asimov's galactic empire where humans are the only higher life form in the galaxy is much more likely.

Scientist have already theorized that travelling light years in short amounts of time can be achieved by using wormholes. Personally, I believe we'll be able to travel much further and faster than most people thought possible, within the next 100 years, (if we survive destruction by our own hands as a species.) As for why aliens from a distant galaxy would want to visit Earth, well, maybe they did research and eliminated planets that they believed couldn't hold life. Presumably, they should be much more advanced than humanity, so why not? Who knows the reasons why they would come here? Just because it seems unlikely, doesn't mean it should be totally discounted. Lots of unlikely things in life turn out to be true. Personally, I just don't see how anyone can logically conclude that humans are the only higher life form. To each their own though.