Create Account

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
Random Thoughts

(This post was last modified: 10-16-2017, 08:12 PM by Bullseye.)

Perhaps out of eagerness to move on from a disappointing loss, perhaps just to pass the time, here are some thoughts that crossed my mind.

1.  I'm not going full blown advocacy here, but I am asking the question:  should Henne be this team's QB?  I ask because when Bortles was named the starter, his mobility to avoid the rush was cited as the main justification for naming him the starter.  However, this past game notwithstanding, protection hasn't been a problem.  Bortles has been sacked ten (10) times in six (6)
games.  Prior to yesterday, Bortles had been sacked once a game.  Assuming the game yesterday represents an aberration, this will be one of the best years in team history in terms of QB sacks allowed.  His penalties yesterday aside, we seem to have a good pass blocking LT in Robinson.  If you assume that the concern about protection has been alleviated, does Henne's ability to attack downfield overcome Bortles' mobility at this point?

2.  Calais Campbell has to be the best immediate impact free agent this team has signed this side of Keenan McCardell.  He is on a pace to shatter this team's single season sack record, long held by Tony Brackens.  He is currently second in the league in sacks with 8, a half sack behind the leader, and seemingly has been a great leader in the locker room and a mentor to Fowler and Ngakoue..  Not bad for a 30 year old.  We can't undo the Hugh Douglas fiasco, but Campbell makes you think you CAN get significant help in free agency.

3.  As frustrating and maddening as this team's up one week, down the next consistent inconsistency, we're still likely in a 3 way tie for first place by the end of the night.  In my estimation, that's much better than the numbness and apathy that comes with the 0-6 territory this team has too frequently trod over the past few seasons.  Make no mistake, this team can do better than it has thus far, and I will be disappointed if they don't do better as the season wears on, but it has proven it has done far worse.

4.  While I think Ngakoue had some nice pressures, he disappeared yesterday.  Hopefully he won't appear on any milk cartons after the Indy game, instead making huge impact the way he has earlier in the season.

5.  Speaking of Indy, there are some who do not expect Luck to return until later in the season.  Others believe he may come back sooner.  Luck has been reportedly running the scout team this week, and there was talk he would make his debut week
Considering the Jaguars' offensive struggles and the defense's inability to stop the run, I think if he's healthy, starting Luck against the Jaguars would might not be a bad idea for Indy.  Because the Jaguars offense is so limited, we likely will not score a lot of points, absent turnovers.  Because the team can't stop the run, Luck may not be under a lot of pressure to shoulder the burden by himself (no pun intended).  Combined, there may not be much pressure on him to pull off the impossible.  Now should the Colts fall behind, or if his arm shows to be significantly weaker than it was and he throws a pick or two, look out!

6.  Watching Myers kick gives me far greater appreciation for Hollis and Scobee.  Hell, he almost makes me appreciate Hayden freaking Epstien.

7.  Last year it was Chris Ivory.  This year it is Linder.  What are these mystery illnesses afflicting key members of our team?

8.  A couple of weeks ago, FT compared this defense to the Manning era Colts.  Since he made that comparison, it seems frighteningly accurate.  If this team gets a lead, it can rush the passer.  Like those Colts defenses, this team can not stop the run.  But with the exception of a healthy Bob Sanders, our secondary is far superior to that secondary and forces far more turnovers.  For that matter, our LBs are much better against the pass.

9.  While the crowd size was disappointing, there is hope in that the team, while inconsistent, is improving, and there were lots of kids there.  However, the team will have to pull off some wins at home to capture the next generation of Jaguars fans.

10.  This past offseason/preseason, I was advocating the team retain Allen Robinson and Marqise Lee in free agency at the cost of potentially losing Telvin Smith and Aaron Colvin.  I thought they (Robinson and Lee) were part of a group that represented a team strength, and considering Westbrook's off field concerns, it would be prudent to hedge our bets against him flaming out.  However, as this season has unfolded, based upon the level of play and the impact if the players involved, I am now inclined to keep Telvin Smith and Aaron Colvin and let Marqise Lee walk.  Lee has had minimal impact this year, while Smith and Colvin is part of a pass defense that looks special.

11.  I still have the nagging sense we should have taken advantage of the talent and depth in this past draft's TE class.  It would be nice to have someone faster than Lewis and more reliable than Koyack and O'Shaughnesy to be a security blanket and command coverage over the middle.

Worst to 1st.  Curse Reversed!

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

Your last point was the one that hit home with me. This draft class was historically good at two positions, RB and TE. They were both extremely deep and versatile. We wound up with the most expensive running back and zero tight ends. It would be harder to massage the draft of its value worse if you tried. More specifically, it is really sad seeing my crush George Kittle showing flashes of greatness every week already at a position that historically takes a long time to develop. He's going to be so good.

(10-16-2017, 06:22 PM)Upper Wrote: Your last point was the one that hit home with me. This draft class was historically good at two positions, RB and TE. They were both extremely deep and versatile. We wound up with the most expensive running back and zero tight ends. It would be harder to massage the draft of its value worse if you tried. More specifically, it is really sad seeing my crush George Kittle showing flashes of greatness every week already at a position that historically takes a long time to develop. He's going to be so good.

Are you complaining about the Leonard Fournette pick?

(10-16-2017, 06:22 PM)Upper Wrote: Your last point was the one that hit home with me. This draft class was historically good at two positions, RB and TE. They were both extremely deep and versatile. We wound up with the most expensive running back and zero tight ends. It would be harder to massage the draft of its value worse if you tried. More specifically, it is really sad seeing my crush George Kittle showing flashes of greatness every week already at a position that historically takes a long time to develop. He's going to be so good.

Agree, I liked Kittle a lot.  Was the best blocker in the draft too

I won't say this draft class was historically good at RB (though ultimately I could be wrong).  This class represented the first in a while to have three or more guys with first round grades (Cook fell due to character concerns), but not necessarily a historically deep one.   To me, the 1990 class was the strongest RB class in recent memory (Emmitt Smith, Johnnie Johnson, Rodney Hampton, Chris Warren, Barry Foster).  A default presumption would also be that 1983 class (Eric Dickerson, Curt Warner, James Jones, Roger Craig, Craig James).  I would say, however, this TE class looked great.  I don't know If I would say the team did not get value out of this draft, because the team hit on Fournette, and managed a LT at the top of the 2nd round.  Finding a marquee position like LT in the second round is a steal and good value.  Westbrook may also be good value once he gets healthy. The problem with value is in the 3rd round.  There, I wouldn't have minded a G or one of the TEs.

(This post was last modified: 10-16-2017, 06:52 PM by Upper.)

Ok, among the best historically at RB. We could have had any of Hunt, Kamara, Foreman, Mack, Cohen, Carson, Jones, McGuire, or Connor in the third round or much later, that's incredible depth. I do think that in a year or two we will wish we had taken Howard, Hooker, Adams, or Lattimore and then grabbed one of those guys later. Much like the Cowboys are now saying with Ramsey, even as good as LF and Zeke Elliott have been.

We shouldn't yet again take one minor throwaway point in a post that had nothing to do with the overall topic and blow it up to derail the thread though. The crux of my point was to agree that it is going to look very bad that we completely ignored a fantastic, versatile, and deep TE class.

(10-16-2017, 06:49 PM)Upper Wrote: Ok, among the best historically at RB. We could have had any of Hunt, Kamara, Foreman, Mack, Cohen, Carson, Jones, McGuire, or Connor in the third round or much later, that's incredible depth. I do think that in a year or two we will wish we had taken Howard, Hooker, Adams, or Lattimore and then grabbed one of those guys later. Much like the Cowboys are now saying with Ramsey, even as good as LF and Zeke Elliott have been.

That does not answer my question. Are you upset that we drafted Leonard Fournette, who has been very good this season?

Yes, it is hard to understand why the Jaguars did not go after one of the tight ends in this class. As it looks now, Kittle would have presented the most value. On the other hand, I really like the 1st 5 rounds of their draft. The only pick I questioned on draft day was Smoot in the 3rd round. He's playing o.k. for a rookie, but there were much better options at that spot.

(10-16-2017, 06:12 PM)Bullseye Wrote: Perhaps out of eagerness to move on from a disappointing loss, perhaps just to pass the time, here are some thoughts that crossed my mind.

1.  I'm not going full blown advocacy here, but I am asking the question:  should Henne be this team's QB?  I ask because when Bortles was named the starter, his mobility to avoid the rush was cited as the main justification for naming him the starter.  However, this past game notwithstanding, protection hasn't been a problem.  Bortles has been sacked ten (10) times in six (6)
games.  Prior to yesterday, Bortles had been sacked once a game.  Assuming the game yesterday represents an aberration, this will be one of the best years in team history in terms of QB sacks allowed.  His penalties yesterday aside, we seem to have a good pass blocking LT in Robinson.  If you assume that the concern about protection has been alleviated, does Henne's ability to attack downfield overcome Bortles' mobility at this point?

Absolutely not. We saw in the Ravens game when Henne came in for a couple snaps that he was instantly overwhelmed. It doesn't matter that Henne has a nicer deep strike because he's too scared to use it.

2.  Calais Campbell has to be the best immediate impact free agent this team has signed this side of Keenan McCardell.  He is on a pace to shatter this team's single season sack record, long held by Tony Brackens.  He is currently second in the league in sacks with 8, a half sack behind the leader, and seemingly has been a great leader in the locker room and a mentor to Fowler and Ngakoue..  Not bad for a 30 year old.  We can't undo the Hugh Douglas fiasco, but Campbell makes you think you CAN get significant help in free agency.

Campbell's presence lifts the entire DL to a much higher level. There's no reason he should not make the Pro Bowl.

3.  As frustrating and maddening as this team's up one week, down the next consistent inconsistency, we're still likely in a 3 way tie for first place by the end of the night.  In my estimation, that's much better than the numbness and apathy that comes with the 0-6 territory this team has too frequently trod over the past few seasons.  Make no mistake, this team can do better than it has thus far, and I will be disappointed if they don't do better as the season wears on, but it has proven it has done far worse.

Looking at what appears to be an extremely easy schedule, I feel like we're in good shape and are on the verge of finally stacking wins together. Hopefully they're realizing that after a win, they still need to find new ways to do things because the next opponent is studying that tape intensely. We have to get over the mindset of "it worked last week."

4.  While I think Ngakoue had some nice pressures, he disappeared yesterday.  Hopefully he won't appear on any milk cartons after the Indy game, instead making huge impact the way he has earlier in the season.

I'm not worried about Ngakoue just yet. Andrew Whitworth has been doing this a long, long time and understands how to combat every DE trick and move.

5.  Speaking of Indy, there are some who do not expect Luck to return until later in the season.  Others believe he may come back sooner.  Luck has been reportedly running the scout team this week, and there was talk he would make his debut week

I've been hearing for weeks now that he'll make his debut vs the Jaguars.

6.  Considering the Jaguars' offensive struggles and the defense's inability to stop the run, I think if he's healthy, starting Luck against the Jaguars would might not be a bad idea for Indy.  Because the Jaguars offense is so limited, we likely will not score a lot of points, absent turnovers.  Because the team can't stop the run, Luck may not be under a lot of pressure to shoulder the burden by himself (no pun intended).  Combined, there may not be much pressure on him to pull off the impossible.  Now should the Colts fall behind, or if his arm shows to be significantly weaker than it was and he throws a pick or two, look out!

Hopefully he's rusty as can be, or in not, that the Jaguars defense makes him look as rusty as can be.

7.  Watching Myers kick gives me far greater appreciation for Hollis and Scobee.  Hell, he almost makes me appreciate Hayden freaking Epstien.

Epstien is pushing it.

8.  Last year it was Chris Ivery.  This year it is Linder.  What are these mystery illnesses afflicting key members of our team?

Good question. I wish they'd be more open about what's going on. When I first saw "illness" I never guessed it would cost Linder two games.

9.  A couple of weeks ago, FT compared this defense to the Manning era Colts.  Since he made that comparison, it seems frighteningly accurate.  If this team gets a lead, it can rush the passer.  Like those Colts defenses, this team can not stop the run.  But with the exception of a healthy Bob Sanders, our secondary is far superior to that secondary and forces far more turnovers.  For that matter, our LBs are much better against the pass.

If we're facing a weaker OL, the Jaguars are likely winning. But when we fact a team with a great OL like the Titans, suddenly we're not getting to the passer and we're getting run on easiliy. The Jets and Rams failed to hold off our pass rushers or pass the ball effectively, but they were controlling our DL in the run game. At times the Jets were straight mauling our DL.

10.  While the crowd size was disappointing, there is hope in that the team, while inconsistent, is improving, and there were lots of kids there.  However, the team will have to pull off some wins at home to capture the next generation of Jaguars fans.

Jags need a true hometown hero to step up.

11.  This past offseason/preseason, I was advocating the team retain Allen Robinson and Marqise Lee in free agency at the cost of potentially losing Telvin Smith and Aaron Colvin.  I thought they (Robinson and Lee) were part of a group that represented a team strength, and considering Westbrook's off field concerns, it would be prudent to hedge our bets against him flaming out.  However, as this season has unfolded, based upon the level of play and the impact if the players involved, I am now inclined to keep Telvin Smith and Aaron Colvin and let Marqise Lee walk.  Lee has had minimal impact this year, while Smith and Colvin is part of a pass defense that looks special.

Do we have to let someone walk?

12.  I still have the nagging sense we should have taken advantage of the talent and depth in this past draft's TE class.  It would be nice to have someone faster than Lewis and more reliable than Koyack and O'Shaughnesy to be a security blanket and command coverage over the middle.

We all know the injury to ARob was HUGE and that it's taking it's toll, but so the injury to Michael Rivera.

'02

(10-16-2017, 06:52 PM)jaglou53 Wrote:
Yes, it is hard to understand why the Jaguars did not go after one of the tight ends in this class. As it looks now, Kittle would have presented the most value. On the other hand, I really like the 1st 5 rounds of their draft. The only pick I questioned on draft day was Smoot in the 3rd round. He's playing o.k. for a rookie, but there were much better options at that spot.

It's not like rookie TEs are turning heads leaguewide. Engram and Njoku are looking great, but we weren't about to take a TE over Cam. The only other rookie TE really making waves is Kittle, but who knew?
'02

(10-16-2017, 06:12 PM)Bullseye Wrote: Perhaps out of eagerness to move on from a disappointing loss, perhaps just to pass the time, here are some thoughts that crossed my mind.

Part of the reason that Bortles hasn't been sacked a lot is Bortles. I suspect there would be a lot more sacks with Henne at QB. The pass blocking yesterday was atrocious. 

Bouye and Church were good pickups too, and the surviving free agents from earlier years look better now that Gusball is history.

Hopefully the streak continues another week.

The Rams planned for the pass rush. They weren't making very many downfield throws yesterday.

6.  Considering the Jaguars' offensive struggles and the defense's inability to stop the run, I think if he's healthy, starting Luck against the Jaguars would might not be a bad idea for Indy.  Because the Jaguars offense is so limited, we likely will not score a lot of points, absent turnovers.  Because the team can't stop the run, Luck may not be under a lot of pressure to shoulder the burden by himself (no pun intended).  Combined, there may not be much pressure on him to pull off the impossible.  Now should the Colts fall behind, or if his arm shows to be significantly weaker than it was and he throws a pick or two, look out!

I've read that Luck is coming back the game after this Sunday. Brissett is probably a better choice against the Jags defense, since the pass is pretty well shut down.

7.  Watching Myers kick gives me far greater appreciation for Hollis and Scobee.  Hell, he almost makes me appreciate Hayden freaking Epstien.

Myers record is better than Scobee's early years, but I agree that I shudder every time the Jags line up for a field goal.

8.  Last year it was Chris Ivoery.  This year it is Linder.  What are these mystery illnesses afflicting key members of our team?

Herpes is a [BLEEP] to cure.

9.  A couple of weeks ago, FT compared this defense to the Manning era Colts.  Since he made that comparison, it seems frighteningly accurate.  If this team gets a lead, it can rush the passer.  Like those Colts defenses, this team can not stop the run.  But with the exception of a healthy Bob Sanders, our secondary is far superior to that secondary and forces far more turnovers.  For that matter, our LBs are much better against the pass.

Yeah, our defense is much better. Indy had the advantage of opposing offenses that were frequently one dimensional because of Manning.

10.  While the crowd size was disappointing, there is hope in that the team, while inconsistent, is improving, and there were lots of kids there.  However, the team will have to pull off some wins at home to capture the next generation of Jaguars fans.

A playoff run cures many woes.

11.  This past offseason/preseason, I was advocating the team retain Allen Robinson and Marqise Lee in free agency at the cost of potentially losing Telvin Smith and Aaron Colvin.  I thought they (Robinson and Lee) were part of a group that represented a team strength, and considering Westbrook's off field concerns, it would be prudent to hedge our bets against him flaming out.  However, as this season has unfolded, based upon the level of play and the impact if the players involved, I am now inclined to keep Telvin Smith and Aaron Colvin and let Marqise Lee walk.  Lee has had minimal impact this year, while Smith and Colvin is part of a pass defense that looks special.

I'd have to see the coaches tape to see just how much the problem is Lee as opposed to Bortles, but the drops are all on Lee.

12.  I still have the nagging sense we should have taken advantage of the talent and depth in this past draft's TE class.  It would be nice to have someone faster than Lewis and more reliable than Koyack and O'Shaughnesy to be a security blanket and command coverage over the middle.

Smoot?!!!

"Why should I give information to you when all you want to do is find something wrong with it?"

(10-16-2017, 07:13 PM)Jags02 Wrote:
(10-16-2017, 06:52 PM)jaglou53 Wrote: Yes, it is hard to understand why the Jaguars did not go after one of the tight ends in this class. As it looks now, Kittle would have presented the most value. On the other hand, I really like the 1st 5 rounds of their draft. The only pick I questioned on draft day was Smoot in the 3rd round. He's playing o.k. for a rookie, but there were much better options at that spot.

It's not like rookie TEs are turning heads leaguewide. Engram and Njoku are looking great, but we weren't about to take a TE over Cam. The only other rookie TE really making waves is Kittle, but who knew?

I was thinking we would take a TE in the third round.

(10-16-2017, 07:13 PM)Jags02 Wrote:
(10-16-2017, 06:52 PM)jaglou53 Wrote: Yes, it is hard to understand why the Jaguars did not go after one of the tight ends in this class. As it looks now, Kittle would have presented the most value. On the other hand, I really like the 1st 5 rounds of their draft. The only pick I questioned on draft day was Smoot in the 3rd round. He's playing o.k. for a rookie, but there were much better options at that spot.

TE is by far the slowest developing of the skill positions. That 3 of them are already rocking and rolling is extremely impressive. And then we've had guys like Everett and Jonnu Smith make some big plays and Howard is doing his thing as a blocker behind one of the better formerly unknown receiving/red zone TE. The class looks damn good.

Honestly I’ve thought about the Henne starting possibility. But then you trade one set of problems for another. There’s always hope maybe he has a fluke renaissance season like Ryan Fitzpatrick or Josh McCown. But that’s a big if. Help is not on the way unfortunately

(10-16-2017, 07:07 PM)Jags02 Wrote:
(10-16-2017, 06:12 PM)Bullseye Wrote: 2.  Calais Campbell has to be the best immediate impact free agent this team has signed this side of Keenan McCardell.  He is on a pace to shatter this team's single season sack record, long held by Tony Brackens.  He is currently second in the league in sacks with 8, a half sack behind the leader, and seemingly has been a great leader in the locker room and a mentor to Fowler and Ngakoue..  Not bad for a 30 year old.  We can't undo the Hugh Douglas fiasco, but Campbell makes you think you CAN get significant help in free agency.

Campbell's presence lifts the entire DL to a much higher level. There's no reason he should not make the Pro Bowl.

Looking at what appears to be an extremely easy schedule, I feel like we're in good shape and are on the verge of finally stacking wins together. Hopefully they're realizing that after a win, they still need to find new ways to do things because the next opponent is studying that tape intensely. We have to get over the mindset of "it worked last week."

I'm not worried about Ngakoue just yet. Andrew Whitworth has been doing this a long, long time and understands how to combat every DE trick and move.

I've been hearing for weeks now that he'll make his debut vs the Jaguars.

Hopefully he's rusty as can be, or in not, that the Jaguars defense makes him look as rusty as can be.

Epstien is pushing it.

8.  Last year it was Chris Ivery.  This year it is Linder.  What are these mystery illnesses afflicting key members of our team?

Good question. I wish they'd be more open about what's going on. When I first saw "illness" I never guessed it would cost Linder two games.

If we're facing a weaker OL, the Jaguars are likely winning. But when we fact a team with a great OL like the Titans, suddenly we're not getting to the passer and we're getting run on easiliy. The Jets and Rams failed to hold off our pass rushers or pass the ball effectively, but they were controlling our DL in the run game. At times the Jets were straight mauling our DL.

Jags need a true hometown hero to step up.

Do we have to let someone walk?

We all know the injury to ARob was HUGE and that it's taking it's toll, but so the injury to Michael Rivera.
2.  I knew Campbell had a good career with the Cards, but I didn't think he'd do THIS with us, especially at age 30.  Just about every other Free Agent DE we've signed in our history has been duds for us.

3.  I think we have the talent to stack some wins together.  But until we do it, it's just chatter.  I hope the weak areas of our team step up so that we can stack some wins together.

4.  Whitworth was a great signing for the Rams.  His presence, along with the rollouts, etc. contributed to Ngakoue's not getting any sacks.  Ngakoue actually had some good rushes.  I think he makes a splash against Indy, though.

5-6.  Our pass defense, both the rush and the coverage, is capable of making Luck look rusty if he returns against us.

7.  Hey...I said "almost..."

8.  I want to finish re-watching yesterday's game.  But Shatley the past two games struck me as being decent.  Nevertheless, I am more than ready for Linder to return.

9.  I'm not sure what has happened with our D-Line.  I don't know if they got carried away with rushing the passer, the coaches have emphasized rushing the passer over stopping the run, Jones has taken a step back after signing the new deal, fowler and Ngakoue have somehow regressed against the run, or what.  But I don't like them being gashed the way we have been.

10.  I don't know about a hometown hero.  Rashean Mathis is from Jacksonville, and there were plenty of sparsely attended games when he was here and in his prime.

11.  Theoretically not, but it seems unlikely all of the guys discussed here will be kept.

12.  I really can't speak much to Rivera.

(10-16-2017, 07:24 PM)MalabarJag Wrote:

Part of the reason that Bortles hasn't been sacked a lot is Bortles. I suspect there would be a lot more sacks with Henne at QB. The pass blocking yesterday was atrocious. 

Bouye and Church were good pickups too, and the surviving free agents from earlier years look better now that Gusball is history.

Hopefully the streak continues another week.

The Rams planned for the pass rush. They weren't making very many downfield throws yesterday.

I've read that Luck is coming back the game after this Sunday. Brissett is probably a better choice against the Jags defense, since the pass is pretty well shut down.

Myers record is better than Scobee's early years, but I agree that I shudder every time the Jags line up for a field goal.

8.  Last year it was Chris Ivoery.  This year it is Linder.  What are these mystery illnesses afflicting key members of our team?

Herpes is a [BLEEP] to cure.

Yeah, our defense is much better. Indy had the advantage of opposing offenses that were frequently one dimensional because of Manning.

A playoff run cures many woes.

I'd have to see the coaches tape to see just how much the problem is Lee as opposed to Bortles, but the drops are all on Lee.

Smoot?!!!

1.  Wade Phillips has been creating protection havoc for a long time, and he has pretty good personnel in L.A.

2.  Gipson has looked really good this year.

3.  A win that puts us at 4-3 going into the bye week would be great.

4.  They rolled Goff out quite a bit, too.  I think Ngakoue and Co will have more success against Indy.

5-6.  He is comparatively inexperienced.  We should have some success against him if we can control their running game and keep them in long yardage.

8.  I remember reading the board and the implication/speculation that an STD felled Ivory.  Where in the heck did that come from?

11.  What makes Lee's drops especially disappointing are the amazing catches he had last year.

A true hometown hero? Tebow time?  Sick

Henne has been terrible everytime we roll him out. He was given a chance in preseason to win the job and was terrible again. But yep will be different this time...

I stopped reading when you actually typed "Henne and starting" in the same sentence.

(10-16-2017, 10:18 PM)spacecoastjag Wrote: I stopped reading when you actually typed "Henne and starting" in the same sentence.

Some really good points being made.. I think Henne starting may have been Devil's Advocate..
[Image: 5S5POfa.jpg]

80% of what I talk about is nonesense.. the other 25% is made up statistics...