Create Account

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
Russian collusion - a smoking gun

(12-01-2017, 01:40 PM)JagNGeorgia Wrote:
(12-01-2017, 01:35 PM)Adam2012 Wrote: Manafort has gone to trial and given testimony? I must have missed that. This is only the beginning.

Manafort is the one that was charged. He wont give testimony during his trial. Do you know how the court system works?

They would have to charge Trump and subpoena Manafort as a witness for him to provide testimony on the stand. Manafort's charges are related to financial offenses--not even related to what you think Trump is guilty of doing.

These people are so desperate for something to stick, it clouds their judgement.

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

(12-01-2017, 01:44 PM)StroudCrowd1 Wrote:
(12-01-2017, 01:40 PM)JagNGeorgia Wrote: Manafort is the one that was charged. He wont give testimony during his trial. Do you know how the court system works?

They would have to charge Trump and subpoena Manafort as a witness for him to provide testimony on the stand. Manafort's charges are related to financial offenses--not even related to what you think Trump is guilty of doing.

These people are so desperate for something to stick, it clouds their judgement.

Flynn is pleading guilty, which means he's giving a bigger fish up.

Tick tock, Donald. Tick tock.

(12-01-2017, 03:02 PM)TJBender Wrote:
(12-01-2017, 01:44 PM)StroudCrowd1 Wrote: These people are so desperate for something to stick, it clouds their judgement.

Quiet you, Pocahontas is over there, fake news over here, Al Freakin' Franken!
If something can corrupt you, you're corrupted already.
- Bob Marley

[Image: kiWL4mF.jpg]

(12-01-2017, 03:02 PM)TJBender Wrote:
(12-01-2017, 01:44 PM)StroudCrowd1 Wrote: These people are so desperate for something to stick, it clouds their judgement.

He's pleading guilty because he can't afford the legal fees of fighting the charges, and he lied to them during their investigation. There's no point fighting a charge that easy to prove. 

Besides, pleading guilty takes away his power in negotiating. I don't see how you relate it to him giving up Trump.

Market goes down with this news, so it shows that the financial success of the market is truly tied to Trump now.

(12-01-2017, 03:16 PM)JagNGeorgia Wrote:
(12-01-2017, 03:02 PM)TJBender Wrote: Flynn is pleading guilty, which means he's giving a bigger fish up.

He's pleading guilty because he can't afford the legal fees of fighting the charges, and he lied to them during their investigation. There's no point fighting a charge that easy to prove. 

Besides, pleading guilty takes away his power in negotiating. I don't see how you relate it to him giving up Trump.

I never said he was giving up Trump. I still don't think Trump is the endgame. Mueller's rule is to implicate the kids. Once he's got Trump's sons and /or Kushnir in a vice grip, Paul Ryan and Mitch McConnell will pay the White House a visit and advise Trump that he can resign and the charges will go away, or he can stay and watch his family go down.

(12-01-2017, 01:22 PM)StroudCrowd1 Wrote: What does this have to do with Trump?

(12-01-2017, 03:22 PM)StroudCrowd1 Wrote: Market goes down with this news, so it shows that the financial success of the market is truly tied to Trump now.
So which is it? Does this have something to do with Trump or does it not?

(12-01-2017, 03:57 PM)TJBender Wrote:
(12-01-2017, 03:16 PM)JagNGeorgia Wrote: He's pleading guilty because he can't afford the legal fees of fighting the charges, and he lied to them during their investigation. There's no point fighting a charge that easy to prove. 

I never said he was giving up Trump. I still don't think Trump is the endgame. Mueller's rule is to implicate the kids. Once he's got Trump's sons and /or Kushnir in a vice grip, Paul Ryan and Mitch McConnell will pay the White House a visit and advise Trump that he can resign and the charges will go away, or he can stay and watch his family go down.

Hahahahahaha.

You really think that's the way it works?

Donald Trump was more powerful than all these pathetic politicians even before he was President.

(12-01-2017, 03:16 PM)JagNGeorgia Wrote: He's pleading guilty because he can't afford the legal fees of fighting the charges, and he lied to them during their investigation. There's no point fighting a charge that easy to prove. 

Ahem...pardon me? I don't think you've thought your cunning plan all the way through.
“An empty vessel makes the loudest sound, so they that have the least wit are the greatest babblers.”. - Plato

(This post was last modified: 12-01-2017, 05:35 PM by Adam2012.)

My God - we now have to consider the possibility that at some point we'll have Mike Pence - Mike Pence! - as our president.

Pence can run in 2020 with Roy Moore as his VP candidate.

This is getting interesting.

(12-01-2017, 01:40 PM)JagNGeorgia Wrote:
(12-01-2017, 01:35 PM)Adam2012 Wrote: Manafort has gone to trial and given testimony? I must have missed that. This is only the beginning.

Manafort is the one that was charged. He wont give testimony during his trial. Do you know how the court system works?

Perhaps you've seen too much tv. If Manafort doesn't want to spent the next 30 years in prison, with a fine in the millions, he'll tell what he knows. You know - testify under oath.
The sun's not yellow, it's chicken.

(This post was last modified: 12-01-2017, 05:41 PM by Adam2012.)

(12-01-2017, 03:16 PM)JagNGeorgia Wrote:
(12-01-2017, 03:02 PM)TJBender Wrote: Flynn is pleading guilty, which means he's giving a bigger fish up.

Sigh. He's also pleading because they agreed to not involve his son.

He got a light charge (and most likely sentence and fine) because he agreed to talk. That's how all this works. He used his leverage, the Feds used theirs, and this is the agreement they came up with.

(12-01-2017, 01:44 PM)StroudCrowd1 Wrote:
(12-01-2017, 01:40 PM)JagNGeorgia Wrote: Manafort is the one that was charged. He wont give testimony during his trial. Do you know how the court system works?

You're starting to get nervous, aren't you? That's ok, you can admit it. A little sweat on the upper lip? Deep breaths buddy, deep breaths.

Ryan and McConnell don't have the authority to do that. That isn't how any of this works.

Besides, if Trump is such a scumbag and the kids are guilty, then Trump will tell them to plea so he can pardon them.

(12-01-2017, 05:33 PM)Adam2012 Wrote: My God - we now have to consider the possibility that at some point we'll have Mike Pence - Mike Pence! - as our president.

Pence can run in 2020 with Roy Moore as his VP candidate.

This is getting interesting.

Perhaps you've seen too much tv. If Manafort doesn't want to spent the next 30 years in prison, with a fine in the millions, he'll tell what he knows. You know - testify under oath.

Perhaps you simply don't know what you're talking about. When was the last time you testified before the court? 

The defendant doesn't simply go on the stand to exonerate himself. You wont find but a handful of lawyers that recommend testifying as a defendant. You're already presumed innocent; when you get on the stand, even the smallest mess-up (intentional or not) can result in your conviction. So, why don't you tell me why he'd testify against someone that isn't even on trial so that he can help himself? 

Your problem is that you've already decided that Trump is guilty, so you think Manafort and company know something that can prove it. There's no evidence to support this claim. If Manafort had information, he will give it before the trial begins. He wont go to trial and testify that he knows something.

(12-01-2017, 05:39 PM)Adam2012 Wrote:

Sigh. He's also pleading because they agreed to not involve his son.

He got a light charge (and most likely sentence and fine) because he agreed to talk. That's how all this works. He used his leverage, the Feds used theirs, and this is the agreement they came up with.

He got a light charge because all they had was that he lied to them. The charges didn't change from the beginning.

You said it yourself. They're using his son as leverage, he doesn't have enough money to keep fighting this, and the plea deal says exactly why he lied. He didn't want to escalate the situation, and he didn't remember the second conversation. How do you think they're going to come away with all sorts of new information when that's the information listed in the plea deal?

Man, these fantasies about Trump stepping down or being forced out are simply hilarious. I want to hear more. I'm sure most of them originate on the shrill, wild-eyed leftist hate sites. Regardless, keep 'em coming!

Put some ketchup on that nothingburger. So after a year's investigation, they "nailed" Flynn for the exact same reason Trump fired him - for lying about his calls to the Russian ambassador. Pardon me while I yawn.

(This post was last modified: 12-01-2017, 10:38 PM by Adam2012.)

(12-01-2017, 06:22 PM)JagNGeorgia Wrote:
(12-01-2017, 05:39 PM)Adam2012 Wrote: Sigh. He's also pleading because they agreed to not involve his son.

He got a light charge because all they had was that he lied to them. The charges didn't change from the beginning.

You said it yourself. They're using his son as leverage, he doesn't have enough money to keep fighting this, and the plea deal says exactly why he lied. He didn't want to escalate the situation, and he didn't remember the second conversation. How do you think they're going to come away with all sorts of new information when that's the information listed in the plea deal?

You really don't get it do you? Just keep on watching, you'll catch on soon enough.

(12-01-2017, 06:25 PM)homebiscuit Wrote: Man, these fantasies about Trump stepping down or being forced out are simply hilarious. I want to hear more. I'm sure most of them originate on the shrill, wild-eyed leftist hate sites. Regardless, keep 'em coming!

lol ... shrill, wild-eyed leftist hate sites? You mean everywhere other than Breitbart?

Dream on ...

(This post was last modified: 12-01-2017, 10:43 PM by Adam2012.)

(12-01-2017, 10:29 PM)Byron LeftTown Wrote: Put some ketchup on that nothingburger.  So after a year's investigation, they "nailed" Flynn for the exact same reason Trump fired him - for lying about his calls to the Russian ambassador.  Pardon me while I yawn.

Man, you've really let me down. 

That the best you got: nothingburger? How are you going to take over for Alex Jones if you can't come up with some entertaining loony conspiracy?

Even homebiscuit blames the "left-wing hate sites". The least you can do is try and be creative with your silliness.

You can do better!

We need a poll!

What do you think Flynn has on Trump that makes Donald try so hard to protect him?

Creativity counts!

Trump will be forced to resign! And, and, and, he'll be tried for treason and, and, and he'll be imprisoned for a BILLION years while his family is disgraced and, and, and Mike Pence will relinquish the presidency to Hillary Clinton and, and, and Bernie Sanders will be become the Vice President, and Secretary of State, and, and, and any other office that requires his great wisdom.

It's interesting that the Trump disciples almost never talk about Him lately. Instead they talk about Hillary Clinton or John Conyers or even, bless their hearts, Bill Clinton. And can you blame them? Criminal conspiracy is a tough pill to swallow.
I'm condescending. That means I talk down to you.