Create Account

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
Calais Campbell is the NFL sack leader

(This post was last modified: 10-22-2017, 07:01 PM by haveaseat.)

http://www.espn.com/nfl/statistics/playe...asontype/2

Remember back in 2013 when the thing was getting "younger" players here. This dude plays like he's in the body of a 22 year old.

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

Thumbs Up 

He also has four more combined tackles (28) than the sack leader (24) and has a chance to take the lead in forced fumbles.

Campbell has come in and played at an All-Pro level and actually lived up to his contract. Props are due
LEONARD FOURNETTE FAN CLUB PRESIDENT. I WAS BEHIND HIM WHEN YOU ALL SAID HE WAS BRANDON JACOBS. QUIT HATING ON THE JAGUARS. GUS IS GONE. COUGHLIN HAS RESTORED ORDER. FOURNETTE IS FRED TAYLOR. DONT BELIEVE ME JUST WATCH.

(10-18-2017, 11:07 PM)jagsfreak27 Wrote: Campbell has come in and played at an All-Pro level and actually lived up to his contract. Props are due

Pro Bowler. Book it.

I still don't think people really realize that for being in the league for 10 years already, Campbell is literally on pace to have his best statistical year for the Jags. Unreal.

(10-18-2017, 11:23 PM)JaguarsWoman Wrote:
(10-18-2017, 11:07 PM)jagsfreak27 Wrote: Campbell has come in and played at an All-Pro level and actually lived up to his contract. Props are due

Pro Bowler. Book it.
Pro bowl is about votes so I doubt he gets that.

He has a better shot at All-Pro honestly.

How often does a FA truly make their contracts worth it?
Dude is beastin'.

(This post was last modified: 10-19-2017, 10:36 AM by JaguarsWoman.)

(10-19-2017, 08:37 AM)Frailbones Wrote:
(10-18-2017, 11:23 PM)JaguarsWoman Wrote: Pro Bowler. Book it.

Pro Bowl is about votes so I doubt he gets that.

For a player who is in his tenth season and was widely considered our best free agency acquisition, a lot of voters certainly will not care about the fact he is a Jaguar. WE have had a few players who are not as good at their respective positions get voted in, most recently Poz.

(10-19-2017, 09:33 AM)Kane Wrote: How often does a FA truly make their contracts worth it?
Dude is beasting.

That is a complicated question. The contract is certainly worth it for Calais Campbell.

(10-19-2017, 08:37 AM)Frailbones Wrote:
(10-18-2017, 11:23 PM)JaguarsWoman Wrote: Pro Bowler. Book it.
Pro bowl is about votes so I doubt he gets that.

Rarely does someone have a better shot at All-Pro. Calais can get the votes. He's been voted in before with the Cards so his name is out there, and if he stays near the top of the league in sacks people will recognize.
'02

Campbell has been a terrific signing, especially for an older free agent player.

Bouye and Church have also played at a high level thus far.

(10-19-2017, 10:53 AM)ATLjag Wrote: Campbell has been a terrific signing, especially for an older free agent player.

You make it look like Campbell is not supposed to be that good in his tenth season. He is playing at his peak.

I remember a lot of people including myself wanted Bouye and Church. They have not disappointed us.

(10-19-2017, 10:59 AM)JaguarsWoman Wrote:
(10-19-2017, 10:53 AM)ATLjag Wrote: Campbell has been a terrific signing, especially for an older free agent player.

You make it look like Campbell is not supposed to be that good in his tenth season. He is playing at his peak.

I remember a lot of people including myself wanted Bouye and Church. They have not disappointed us.
How many times does someone play at their peak in their 10th season, excluding QBs?

(10-19-2017, 11:06 AM)Frailbones Wrote:
(10-19-2017, 10:59 AM)JaguarsWoman Wrote: You make it look like Campbell is not supposed to be that good in his tenth season. He is playing at his peak.

How many times does someone play at their peak in their 10th season, excluding QBs?

I don't know, but it is great that one of them is on our team.

The utter stupidity of a certain poster is just mind numbing.
What lies behind us, and what lies before us are tiny matters compared to what lies within us.

(10-19-2017, 08:06 AM)Tyler1Reformed Wrote: I still don't think people really realize that for being in the league for 10 years already, Campbell is literally on pace to have his best statistical year for the Jags. Unreal.

Yup. 

Campbell is for real.

I knew Calais Campbell is for real when we signed him, but did not know what to expect because he played both inside and outside in a 3-4 defense. Now I have the answer: a great DL who can do anything coaches want him to very well.

I changed the category to combined tackles, which is a more important statistic than sacks.

Both Telvin Smith and Myles Jack have 48, which is tied for 10th.

Then I changed it to YDSL. Yannick Ngakoue is 12th with 32.

Yannick also is tied for first with three forced fumbles.

Unbelievable.
[Image: IMG-1452.jpg]

Combined tackles are more important than sacks?!?!?!?!?!

(This post was last modified: 10-20-2017, 04:46 PM by JaguarsWoman.)

(10-20-2017, 04:23 PM)continuous Wrote: Combined tackles are more important than sacks?!?!?!?!?!

Any defensive lineman would tell you sacks are overrated. In fact the sack category did not exist until the 1980s.

Don't get me wrong, I love sacks and know how important they are.