Create Account

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
Impressions From The Colts Game

I want to admit being wrong, being that we won, the decision to rest fournette is now the right one and I am glad to be wrong. We played great today in all phases. Idk why we cant do this 2 games in a row though...

And why did it take this long to get a proven kicker, see the difference?

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

(10-22-2017, 08:18 PM)Krayz_Jville_D Wrote: I want to admit being wrong, being that we won, the decision to rest fournette is now the right one and I am glad to be wrong. We played great today in all phases. Idk why we cant do this 2 games in a row though...

I'm glad you were wrong, too.

I will say the next two games (Cincy and Bolts) both have me worried.

They are winnable, but both are playing much better than they were at the start of the year.

Both have QBs that have traditionally given us trouble.  That said, with our pass rush and secondary, we are better equipped to stop them than we have ever been.

Worst to 1st.  Curse Reversed!

(10-22-2017, 08:21 PM)Bullseye Wrote:
(10-22-2017, 08:18 PM)Krayz_Jville_D Wrote: I want to admit being wrong, being that we won, the decision to rest fournette is now the right one and I am glad to be wrong. We played great today in all phases. Idk why we cant do this 2 games in a row though...

They are winnable, but both are playing much better than they were at the start of the year.

Both have QBs that have traditionally given us trouble.  That said, with our pass rush and secondary, we are better equipped to stop them than we have ever been.

after seeing what the bolts did to the denver secondary today I'm excited to see how we match up.  Our Dline should give both teams fits.
Go Jags!
*To stay up for atleast 2 years 3/6/17
2016 draft players I think will be good
  • On the Fournette train, will be best back of his class 3/6/17
  • Lattimore please,  Lockdowns on both sides would be nice
  • Engram at TE and the MJD clone Samaje Perine

I'm more confident in beating cincy than I am the chargers

shutdown AJ green and you shutdown cincy, and their o-line is AWFUL

the chargers have won 3 in a row and always beat us, so I'm expecting to hopefully go 1-1 in those 2 games

(10-22-2017, 08:21 PM)Bullseye Wrote:

And now the Arizona game looks different with no Palmer.

Chargers are playing extremely well and their defense just posted a shutout.

Not so fast...

Ramsey and Bouye will shut Rivers wide open offense down. Cinco too. We gotta get the lead early to win.

We're not built to come from behind.

(10-22-2017, 08:34 PM)Frailbones Wrote:
(10-22-2017, 08:21 PM)Bullseye Wrote: I'm glad you were wrong, too.

And now the Arizona game looks different with no Palmer.

Chargers are playing extremely well and their defense just posted a shutout.

I hate seeing injuries but I agree.  I think 10-6 very realistic at this point.

(This post was last modified: 10-22-2017, 08:53 PM by Jags239.)

(10-22-2017, 08:35 PM)JagFanatic24 Wrote: Not so fast...

Ramsey and Bouye will shut Rivers wide open offense down. Cinco too. We gotta get the lead early to win.

I agree with our secondary, this will be the first game with Rivers I don't feel like the Jags goat will go against us like old times.

(10-22-2017, 08:50 PM)Jags239 Wrote:
(10-22-2017, 08:35 PM)JagFanatic24 Wrote: Not so fast...

I agree with our secondary, this will be the first game with Rivers I don't feel like the Jags goat will go against us like old times.

Especially if we can avoid having Poz cover Travis Benjamin.

Ugh.

I think we beat both Cinci and SD. Both rely too much on pass

(10-22-2017, 09:12 PM)MojoKing Wrote: I think we beat both Cinci and SD. Both rely too much on pass

I don't know about the emphasized part.

Cincy has a very good stable of RBs, and with their OL shaky in pass protection, I can see them trying to pound the ball against us.

Our Dline and secondary will out match them. Ramsey and Bouye will get us 1.

Fournette will need a big day against both. We need that early lead though.

(This post was last modified: 10-22-2017, 09:38 PM by MojoKing.)

(10-22-2017, 09:14 PM)Bullseye Wrote:
(10-22-2017, 09:12 PM)MojoKing Wrote: I think we beat both Cinci and SD. Both rely too much on pass

I don't know about the emphasized part.

Cincy has a very good stable of RBs, and with their OL shaky in pass protection, I can see them trying to pound the ball against us.

Very true, but with this bye giving Marrone and CO more time to game plan for Mixon and than sketchy 
O line I think we’ll be fine. We're always good against the run if we prioritize it

I agree. We emphasized it today and pitched a shut out.

We need to come out guns blazing. They also need to just get a W at the 'Bank for once. I honestly think as soon as break the losing streak hex in Jax, we start to be a much more dominant team at home from then on out.

(10-22-2017, 09:37 PM)MojoKing Wrote:
(10-22-2017, 09:14 PM)Bullseye Wrote: I don't know about the emphasized part.

Very true, but with this bye giving Marrone and CO more time to game plan for Mixon and than sketchy 
O line I think we’ll be fine. We're always good against the run if we prioritize it
Plus you will have film of bengals stomping colts so that should help you be better prepared

(10-22-2017, 05:02 PM)Bullseye Wrote: My thoughts...

1.  I am not sure whether it's based upon the merits of each individual game, or because we have been so win deprived over the years, but it seems lately the wins have been particularly satisfying.  I'm sitting here wondering which win over the Colts I enjoyed the most between the 375, the fiddy burger, or today's shut out.

2.  Really hope Cam Robinson is okay.

3.  Good job by Bortles and the passing game today, though I am inclined to think it's more an indictment against the weak Colts defense.  Nevertheless, the offense had to capitalize on their opportunities, weak defense or not, and the passing game came through in fine style.

4.  I think the running game deserves credit too.  Yeldon has gotten a ton of flak on this board and among jaguars fans, but he had a very good game today with a long TD run.  I didn't like the fumble by Ivory, but I thought the running game overall did well.  This means the OL played well too, even after Robinson went out.  Heck let's face it.  The offense had over 500 yards and scored 27 points.  Not too much to complain about to be honest.

5.  As good as the offense was, I thought the defense was arguably better.  It pitched a shut out of the Colts in Indy!  Excluding the playoffs, this was the Jaguars first shutout in eleven years, and the first time the Colts have been shut out since before Peyton Manning.  The defense pressured Brissett just about all of the game.  Because the team worked with the lead most of the game, the run defense, while showing vulnerability, was not a negative factor for most of the game.  IIRC, Campbell, Fowler and Ngakoue each notched 2 sacks a piece.  Just saw the Jaguars' defense notched ten (10) sacks again!  I can't recall any defense recording 10 sacks a game more than once a year.  I've gotta look that up.  I can't tell you how nice it is to watch a Jaguars-Colts game and not see T.Y. Hilton or some other receiver destroy our secondary. 

6.  Special teams rightfully got trashed after last week's projectile vomit inducing performance.  Today, they showed what a competent to good special teams performance looks like.  New guy kicker Josh Lambo hit both of his FGs and all of his extra points in Indy, which is light years better than Myers' history there.  Lambo did not get the same distance on his kickoffs, but the coverage was there.  There were no punt blocks and the punt coverage was good.  Nortman had two good punts without any shanks.  Mickens, the other new guy, showed reliable hands on punt returns, if not much in the way of return ability.  I think special teams still needs to atone for the Rams game with some kick blocks and big returns in a game or games in the future, but being routinely competent is a good start.

7.  Rookie Watch:
  • Leonard fournette-DNP.  Glad he didn't, because by the next game, he will have had two and a half weeks of rest to get better.
  • Cam Robinson-wa sinjured early in the game.  I have not heard any updates.  I repeat I hope he is ok.  we will need him the second half of the season.
  • Dawaune Smoot-Saw him get snaps in garbage time.  He did not stand out.
  • Dede Westbrook-DNP.  Glad that this will likely change after the bye week.
  • Blair Brown-did not notice him if he did play.
  • Keelan Cole-Had his best game as a Jaguar, showing the deep speed we all saw in the preseason on the 57 yard post.  Would have been a TD had Bortles hit him in stride instead of making him wait on the ball.
8.  There was a really weird play late in the second quarter where it seemed all of our defensive linemen were tripped at the same time.  I hadn't seen anything like that.

9.  Did I express my get well wishes to Cam Robinson?  Get well soon Cam.

10.  Bottom line-It's nice to have a mid season bye and go into it still in first place.  We now have a chance to get Fournette, Robinson (barring some disastrous news), Linder and Westbrook healthy.  It's always great beating the Colts.  Even better blowing them out.  Better still shutting them out, and better yet shutting them out at their place.  Goodness knows they have had some butt kickings coming their way from us.  In any event, I will savor this win a little longer than normal.  I trust many of you will do the same.

1. Blowout wins are always satisfying, shutouts even more so.

2. It looked to me like a sprained ankle but not a high ankle sprain. But I'm not a doctor.

3. I'm less of a Bortles critic than most on this board. I thought he played well, but the pass to Cole was underthrown and there was that one throw away that might have been picked off. This is the same Bortles, with more luck today. BTW, I played Bortles ahead of Cam Newton on my fantasy team this week. Good choice but my other players let me down.

4. I'm sure glad we didn't trade Yeldon.

5. The defense is on an amazing sack pace, and it's mostly just rushing four. It's not Aaron Colvin leading the team in sacks, it's our DL. And considering how bad the Jags have been at getting sacks this is pretty much unknown territory. I remember we had a good year for sacks in 1999.

6. Up until this season I was on the side of keeping Myers since kickers tend to improve with time. after last week I knew we'd have a new kicker this week. It's much better to have a kicker who doesn't make me cringe every time he lines up for a FG.

As far as the punt non-returns, that was all due to their punter. He had a very good game.

10. Yeah, it's nice to have this dominating a win with two weeks until the next game.

"Why should I give information to you when all you want to do is find something wrong with it?"

I think Gabbert will start vs Jags

Why not Stanton

How about winning at home for the people still attending your games and paying your salaries. This team is a mess. When you get beat up in your own back yard, but beat the snot out of someone in theirs... something is still wrong.
I ain't no monkey... I'm an ape. Banana