Create Account

Board Performance Issues We are aware of performance issues on the board and are working to resolve them! The board may be intermittently unavailable during this time. (May 07) x

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
TJ Yeldon looked good today

Looked good today outside of the fumble. He looked decisive and showed good vision and speed when it mattered. I think I like him better as a COP back over Ivory. Can we find a way to perhaps create a 3 headed monster rushing attack and sprinkle in a play or two for a screen or toss to Grant?
"Before you criticize a man, walk a mile in his shoes. That way, if he gets angry, he's a mile away and barefoot."

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

Shout out to Yeldon today. Made the most of his opportunity today.  122 yards and a TD on just 9 carries. Ive been his biggest critic but he looked like a different back today, no jumping around behind the line.  Hopefully he gets some playing time in our next game, I think he earned it

(This post was last modified: 10-22-2017, 05:23 PM by Mowerguy.)

Looked like the RB he was at Alabama. 122 Yards is a very good day in the NFL.
"Stay tight, stay close. Great things are going to continue to happen for this football team."  - Doug Peterson

(10-22-2017, 05:14 PM)knarnn Wrote: Looked good today outside of the fumble. He looked decisive and showed good vision and speed when it mattered. I think I like him better as a COP back over Ivory. Can we find a way to perhaps create a 3 headed monster rushing attack and sprinkle in a play or two for a screen or toss to Grant?

Get rid of Ivory and it'll be all good.
“An empty vessel makes the loudest sound, so they that have the least wit are the greatest babblers.”. - Plato

Yeldon should be a backup change of pace back thats what he excels at, he did it at Alabama, as a starter his is just not as good, it was the same at Bama
<B><FONT color=cyan>Jags this is your year</FONT></B>

(This post was last modified: 10-22-2017, 06:05 PM by JagFanatic24.)

After today's game Yeldon has 4 career rushing TDs in 3 years.

He has 3 career 100 yard games. (He's a solid backup)

I've been saying it for awhile now. Yeldon is a very solid, all around RB in this league.

He's significantly better than Ivory in pass protection as well. I would absolutely move Yeldon into the #2 RB roll. Should have from the start.
IT WAS ALWAYS THE JAGS

(10-22-2017, 10:10 PM)imtheblkranger Wrote: He's significantly better than Ivory in pass protection as well. I would absolutely move Yeldon into the #2 RB roll. Should have from the start.

Yeldon is easily the best pass blocking and best receiving RB on this roster.

I'm really hoping the jags staff looks long and hard at making a change. I don't like ivory at all. Runs with some speed and power, but has no vision whatsoever,no wiggle, and can't pass block. Much rather have Yeldon take care of the #2 duties

(This post was last modified: 10-22-2017, 11:09 PM by Jags239.)

I think Ivory is the better back, but Yeldon may be the better compliment to Fournette. I love that Ivory is the backup as of now, I think his money could be used better next year.

That was likely the first game Yeldon got to play as a Jag behind a competent line. It showed for sure.

Colts defense isn't that good. Couple that with the fact that we made plays in the passing game to keep them honest and you can make an average back look good.
No pain, no gain.

I love to see Yeldon succeeds but this was just one game against one of the worst run defenses with better Oline than last year. If he has more opportunities and continues to prove himself then I believe he will take over for Ivory.

Ivory was the one who actually fumbled. Not Yeldon. Yeldon's was reversed prior to that play.
No pain, no gain.

I get that we’re all giving Ivory the business today, but he did win a rushing title the year before he came to Jax. The guy has talent. He just seems to have lost a step. I don’t think it’s a vision or a wiggle thing. He lacks the explosiveness he had in NY.

Yep. He's 2 years older and he had the best year of his career. Just like other 1 year wonders. Peyton Hillis, Ruben Drohens, etc.

He just doesn't have the explosion anymore.

I have no big complaints with our RBs right now. Not Ivory's best game, but he's for sure still going to make a bunch of plays this season.

I would agree with most of what is said here, but Yeldon had a different look to him in this game than before. He was decisive with where he wanted to run, no dancing around or indecisive moves. He took the ball, made maybe 1 cut and burst up field. He ran well with out banged up line out there and he looked like a different back than what we are used to seeing with him.

(10-22-2017, 10:07 PM)Eric1 Wrote: I've been saying it for awhile now. Yeldon is a very solid, all around RB in this league.

Same!!! We actually have a decent run blocking line this year and people were writing him off before seeing what he could do behind it!