Create Account

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
Could we have 3 players with double digit sacks?

(This post was last modified: 10-22-2017, 06:29 PM by JagFanatic24.)

We actually have a good chance. 

Campbell - already has 10. He could end up with 18 to 20 on the year.

Fowler - currently has 6. He could end up with 11 to 13

Yannick - I think he has 6.5 right now. He's on pace for 12 to 13.

Guys we easily have the best Dline AND the best secondary in the world. Not to mention we have the fastest LBs.  Oh and Colvin, our 3rd CB, is pretty good too.

Man what a stacked defense. We are built to hold the lead. Not trying to turn this into a Bortles thread, but any FA QB is going to want to play behind that defense. 

We could have 3 players with 10+ sacks. (Never happened in teams history)

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

Lol, its like we had the seatle level defense we were always supposed to get with Gus all along, but his playcalling held us back.

Yes, it's improvement, but it's Blaine Gabbert 2012 level improvement. - Pirkster

http://youtu.be/ouGM3NWpjxk The Home Hypnotist!

http://youtu.be/XQRFkn0Ly3A Media on the Brain Link!

Quote:Peyton must store oxygen in that forehead of his. No way I'd still be alive after all that choking.

Yeah, our defense is literally Super Bowl caliber. Couple that with Fournette and Arob and Westbrook and oh man....

If we had a top 15 QB, we go to the playoffs the next 5 -7 years. Probably 2 rings.

(10-22-2017, 06:31 PM)JagFanatic24 Wrote: Yeah, our defense is literally Super Bowl caliber. Couple that with Fournette and Arob and Westbrook and oh man....

If we had a top 15 QB, we go to the playoffs the next 5 -7 years. Probably 2 rings.

Bro, you can't help yourself can you because Blake played great today and you still complain about another QB that's not available yet? Stop whining and let's enjoy this season before we tried to play GM around here
[Image: giphy.gif]

I think Fowler and Ngoukue both end up with at least 10 as well.

The single season individual sack record is 22.5 held by Michael Strahan. IIRC, Brett Favre laid down on the last one to give him the record.

It would be cool to see Campbell make a legitimate run at it.
Season Ticket holder since 2004. Smile

(10-22-2017, 06:27 PM)JagFanatic24 Wrote: We actually have a good chance. 

Guys we easily have the best Dline AND the best secondary in the world. Not to mention we have the fastest LBs.  Oh and Colvin, our 3rd CB, is pretty good too.

Man what a stacked defense. We are built to hold the lead. Not trying to turn this into a Bortles thread, but any FA QB is going to want to play behind that defense. 

As I mentioned in the Impressions thread, our defense is currently on a pace to break the single season team sack record held by the 1984 Bears.

I never dreamed I'd be able to type that, especially this year.

But the long dormant pass rush is exceeding all of my expectations, I'm thrilled to say.

Worst to 1st.  Curse Reversed!

I know we carry a whole lot of rollover cap room, but this is like we are carrying over a whole bunch of unused rollover sacks from previous years and we are spending them this year.

Jaguars twitter trolled clots!

https://www.indystar.com/story/sports/nf...788955001/
[Image: Ben-Roethlisberger_Lerentee-McCary-Sack_...ayoffs.jpg]

(This post was last modified: 10-22-2017, 08:23 PM by realtorpat. Edit Reason: base is not equal to pace )

franchise record is 57 in a season. We are currently on pace to blast that total, may help us that Joe Thomas took a good injury today and may be out when we play the browns.
Go Jags!
*To stay up for atleast 2 years 3/6/17
2016 draft players I think will be good
  • On the Fournette train, will be best back of his class 3/6/17
  • Lattimore please,  Lockdowns on both sides would be nice
  • Engram at TE and the MJD clone Samaje Perine

(10-22-2017, 08:19 PM)B2hibry Wrote: Jaguars twitter trolled clots!

https://www.indystar.com/story/sports/nf...788955001/

They changed it after week 1 also
IT WAS ALWAYS THE JAGS

whats the 84 bears sack total and what are we up too now?

(10-22-2017, 07:23 PM)leopold332002 Wrote:
(10-22-2017, 06:31 PM)JagFanatic24 Wrote: Yeah, our defense is literally Super Bowl caliber. Couple that with Fournette and Arob and Westbrook and oh man....

Bro, you can't help yourself can you because Blake played great today and you still complain about another QB that's not available yet? Stop whining and let's enjoy this season before we tried to play GM around here

Looks like your the one that couldn't help himself. Stop whining about people whining.

(10-22-2017, 08:37 PM)Krayz_Jville_D Wrote: whats the 84 bears sack total and what are we up too now?

The 1984 Bears notched SEVENTY TWO (72) sacks that year.

We are up to 33 after 7 games.

At our current rate, we'll hit 75.

Considering how talented and dominant those 84 and 85 Bears were, to even be in any discussion surrounding that team blows my mind.

(10-22-2017, 08:10 PM)Bullseye Wrote:
(10-22-2017, 06:27 PM)JagFanatic24 Wrote: We actually have a good chance. 

As I mentioned in the Impressions thread, our defense is currently on a pace to break the single season team sack record held by the 1984 Bears.

But the long dormant pass rush is exceeding all of my expectations, I'm thrilled to say.

Coulda swore you said "I can't remember the last time a team had 2 ten sack games"

And I said 1984 Bears. 

Just bustin' your footballs lol.

(10-22-2017, 08:39 PM)Bullseye Wrote:
(10-22-2017, 08:37 PM)Krayz_Jville_D Wrote: whats the 84 bears sack total and what are we up too now?

The 1984 Bears notched SEVENTY TWO (72) sacks that year.

We are up to 33 after 7 games.

At our current rate, we'll hit 75.

Considering how talented and dominant those 84 and 85 Bears were, to even be in any discussion surrounding that team blows my mind.

wow, I doubt we hit that, but thats insane none the less

(This post was last modified: 10-22-2017, 08:51 PM by Bullseye.)

(10-22-2017, 08:42 PM)JagFanatic24 Wrote:
(10-22-2017, 08:10 PM)Bullseye Wrote: As I mentioned in the Impressions thread, our defense is currently on a pace to break the single season team sack record held by the 1984 Bears.

Coulda swore you said "I can't remember the last time a team had 2 ten sack games"

And I said 1984 Bears. 

Just bustin' your footballs lol.

To be clear, the single season sack record is 72 over 16 games. 

That's different than notching two 10 + sack games in one season, though they probably had to do that to hit 72 overall.

I knew they had that record, and it was my first guess, but I had not confirmed it yet.

Anyway...carry on.

Honestly all you need is elite defense to win superbowl. Look at denver mannings last year. Not to mention you have a better rb than that team. Play to your potential and the sky is the limit

We still need to convert in situational football. What made Manning so great was reading the defense and knowing what to run in those clutch situations.
No pain, no gain.

Jackson - 3 sacks
Campbell - 10 sacks
Yannick - 6 sacks
Fowler - 5.5 sacks

Telvin and Jack - have a TD each. (Jack almost had 2 but a penalty negated it)

Ramsey has 2 picks (or maybe 3)
Bouye has 2 picks
Gipson has 2 picks
Church has a pick

Yannick leads the league in FF (I think)

Man this defense is nuts! Like playing on madden.