Create Account

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
Could we have 3 players with double digit sacks?

If our run fits were better I would agree with the notion we have the best DL in the league, but our gap discipline is sub par.. We also don't have the greatest LBs right now for the run game. Yes, Telvin is a monster, and deserves some mention of DPOY, but Jack has been inconsistent, but has shown promise. Poz is older, and he does not see the field as much anymore. If we can figure out our run defensive woes, this unit has a chance to be world class, as in one of the best of all time Defensively. Hopefully during the bye we straighten out the run D.

In terms of pass defense, this team is lights out everywhere. Telvin and Myles are lightning quick, and swarm to the ball... Then you add in the pass rush, and our lock down back 4/5 and you have what we have now, a turnover/sack machine as a defense. We are more than set on defense if our young guys pan out for the next half decade at least. Just need to figure out the run D and we have a monster defense.

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

I just looked at those 10 sacks from yesterday, and I really think most of those were coverage sacks. Brissett was holding the ball, looking, looking, looking, and the D-linemen just kept fighting, kept fighting.

I give credit to the defensive backs. Brissett just could not seem to get rid of the ball.

Per NFL.com today, we have 2 guys in the top 10 league wise (Campbell and Ngaouke) and three in the top 12 (Fowler). Crazy. When have we EVER had a pash rush like this?

“Motivation alone is not enough.  If you have an idiot and you motivate him,now you have a motivated idiot.” Jim Rohn

(10-22-2017, 11:50 PM)JagFanatic24 Wrote: Jackson - 3 sacks
Campbell - 10 sacks
Yannick - 6 sacks
Fowler - 5.5 sacks

Telvin and Jack - have a TD each. (Jack almost had 2 but a penalty negated it)

Ramsey has 2 picks (or maybe 3)
Bouye has 2 picks
Gipson has 2 picks
Church has a pick

Yannick leads the league in FF  (I think)

Man this defense is nuts! Like playing on madden.

Gip has 3 picks. One on Watson, 2 on Ben.
IT WAS ALWAYS THE JAGS

(10-22-2017, 06:27 PM)JagFanatic24 Wrote: We actually have a good chance. 

Campbell - already has 10. He could end up with 18 to 20 on the year.

Fowler - currently has 6. He could end up with 11 to 13

Yannick - I think he has 6.5 right now. He's on pace for 12 to 13.

Guys we easily have the best Dline AND the best secondary in the world. Not to mention we have the fastest LBs.  Oh and Colvin, our 3rd CB, is pretty good too.

Man what a stacked defense. We are built to hold the lead. Not trying to turn this into a Bortles thread, but any FA QB is going to want to play behind that defense. 

We could have 3 players with 10+ sacks. (Never happened in teams history)

Actually in 1999 we had 3 players with 10+ sacks.

Brackens 12
Hardy 10.5
Gary Walker 10

(10-23-2017, 07:17 AM)The Real Marty Wrote: I just looked at those 10 sacks from yesterday, and I really think most of those were coverage sacks.  Brissett was holding the ball, looking, looking, looking, and the D-linemen just kept fighting, kept fighting.  

I give credit to the defensive backs.  Brissett just could not seem to get rid of the ball.

I saw a breakdown (I think over at BCC) that said 6 of the 10 were definitely coverage sacks

(10-23-2017, 07:17 AM)The Real Marty Wrote: I just looked at those 10 sacks from yesterday, and I really think most of those were coverage sacks.  Brissett was holding the ball, looking, looking, looking, and the D-linemen just kept fighting, kept fighting.  

I give credit to the defensive backs.  Brissett just could not seem to get rid of the ball.

You missed 1 bc we had 11 sacks.

(10-22-2017, 08:09 PM)PF* Wrote: The single season individual sack record is 22.5 held by Michael Strahan. IIRC, Brett Favre laid down on the last one to give him the record.

It would be cool to see Campbell make a legitimate run at it.

I saw that one. Brett Favre was caught on camera talking to Michael Strahan before the play because they are golf buddies, so many people including myself thought he was telling a friend to sack him for the record.

Is Calais Campbell on pace to match it? Maybe J.J. Watt's personal best, 20.5 IIRC.

(10-23-2017, 02:02 PM)JagFanatic24 Wrote:

You missed 1 because we had 11 sacks.

Marty is correct. We had 10 sacks.

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap3000000...for-jags-d

Thumbs Up 

NFL.com posted a video of all 10 sacks at Indianapolis. I think this is it:

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap3000000...mes-in-win

Yes. We could have 2 after this next game. Cinci does not have a good O line. I see us racking up a flurry of sacks again on 11/5. We could be over 40 at 8 games played. That is wild lol. It wouldn't be far-fetched either. The D line will be rested for a whole week coming off a bye.

(This post was last modified: 10-25-2017, 12:06 AM by JaguarsWoman.)

(10-24-2017, 11:36 PM)JagsFanSince95 Wrote: Yes. We could have 2 after this next game. Cinci does not have a good O line. I see us racking up a flurry of sacks again on 11/5. We could be over 40 at 8 games played. That is wild lol. It wouldn't be far-fetched either. The D line will be rested for a whole week coming off a bye.

Andy Dalton is more mobile than Jacoby Brissett, but not on Marcus Mariota's level. We should sack him several times. We could get our 40th sack against the Chargers.