Create Account

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
Coaching Staff deserves shout out

(This post was last modified: 10-22-2017, 08:32 PM by Jest101.)

I think the coaching staff deserves a shout out at this point.  There have been some hiccups and disappointments but to be 4-3 at this point with some of the domination we've seen at times is impressive.

Marrone and company have also done this without a kicker, a struggling QB at times and with a few impact players out.

They definitely have a lot more learning and maturing to do but the staff seems to be doing it.  It's a lot more enjoyable to watch games when we have a competent staff running the show.

Here's to hoping the Jags only improve as the season goes on!

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

Hmmm, just what we've all been waiting for....Another thinly disguiused Bortles bashing thread...
[Image: Welcome%20to%20Duval_zps4z3erxne.jpg]

(10-22-2017, 08:15 PM)temporaryname Wrote: Hmmm, just what we've all been waiting for....Another thinly disguiused Bortles bashing thread...

Not at all but thanks for trying to derail the topic

They’ve done a good job working together, recognizing weaknesses and adjusting.
[Image: Ben-Roethlisberger_Lerentee-McCary-Sack_...ayoffs.jpg]

(10-22-2017, 08:12 PM)Jest101 Wrote: I think the coaching staff deserves a shout out at this point.  There have been some hiccups and disappointments but to be 4-3 at this point with some of the domination we've seen at times is impressive.

Marrone and company have also done this without a kicker, with a lower tier starting QB (at best) who is unable to carry a team to victory and with a few impactful players out.

They definitely have a lot more learning and maturing to do but the staff seems to be doing it.  It's a lot more enjoyable to watch games when we have a competent staff running the show.

(10-22-2017, 08:16 PM)Jest101 Wrote:
(10-22-2017, 08:15 PM)temporaryname Wrote: Hmmm, just what we've all been waiting for....Another thinly disguiused Bortles bashing thread...

Not at all but thanks for trying to derail the topic

I think his derailment is pretty on point, especially considering Bortles played pretty well today.
Go Jags!
*To stay up for atleast 2 years 3/6/17
2016 draft players I think will be good
  • On the Fournette train, will be best back of his class 3/6/17
  • Lattimore please,  Lockdowns on both sides would be nice
  • Engram at TE and the MJD clone Samaje Perine

Bottom line: Marrone and co. deserve credit for getting more from this team at this point.

Worst to 1st.  Curse Reversed!

(10-22-2017, 08:26 PM)realtorpat Wrote:
(10-22-2017, 08:12 PM)Jest101 Wrote: I think the coaching staff deserves a shout out at this point.  There have been some hiccups and disappointments but to be 4-3 at this point with some of the domination we've seen at times is impressive.

Marrone and company have also done this without a kicker, with a lower tier starting QB (at best) who is unable to carry a team to victory and with a few impactful players out.

(10-22-2017, 08:16 PM)Jest101 Wrote: Not at all but thanks for trying to derail the topic

I think his derailment is pretty on point, especially considering Bortles played pretty well today.

I edited the OP so we can focus on the positive here (which was my point) instead of nitpicking my wording.  If it doesn't suit you guys just whine some more and I'll adjust it again.

I'm really liking Marrone's no nonsense approach. The combo of he and Coughlin is doing wonders for the development of these young guys. I'm excited to see what a bye week can do for these guys, especially considering our upcoming schedule.

Obviously, McVay is the COTY front runner, and deservedly so. But if LA slows down and we got hot and win the division, I could see Marrone getting consideration.
IT WAS ALWAYS THE JAGS

I get it for the first time in a long time we have a coaching g staff that plays to our strengths and the opponents weakness
[Image: 5_RdfH.gif]

(This post was last modified: 10-22-2017, 08:43 PM by temporaryname.)

Jest101, Bortles played well today and yet you let loose with this gem: "Marrone and company have also done this without a kicker, with a lower tier starting QB (at best) who is unable to carry a team to victory and with a few impactful players out." It looks like you're the one whining.
[Image: Welcome%20to%20Duval_zps4z3erxne.jpg]

(10-22-2017, 08:42 PM)temporaryname Wrote: Bortles played well today and yet you let loose with this gem: "Marrone and company have also done this without a kicker, with a lower tier starting QB (at best) who is unable to carry a team to victory and with a few impactful players out." It looks like you're the one whining.

It's been edited...the thread topic is coaching staff just in case you missed it...

We need more of the smart, quick, efficient Bortles we saw out there today. If Marrone and Hackett can get that out of him on a consistent basis, this team goes from 9-7 wild card to 11-5 playoff run.

But, but, but,... the coaching staff are all holdovers from the Gus regime...They can't be good...The majority of this board was flat out pissed when this coaching staff was retained and screamed the Front Office had no clue how to run a NFL franchise, and Mr Khan was intentionally sabotaging this franchise so he could move it to London...FIRE EVERYONE RIGHT NOW!!!!

Today (and almost every win) they are great but next loss it's the same ol crap as above...

Pick a side and quit flip flopping, great when we win, stupid no nothings when we lose and should be fired before the crowd clears the stadium...

(10-22-2017, 11:41 PM)wrong_box Wrote: But, but, but,... the coaching staff are all holdovers from the Gus regime...They can't be good...The majority of this board was flat out pissed when this coaching staff was retained and screamed the Front Office had no clue how to run a NFL franchise, and Mr Khan was intentionally sabotaging this franchise so he could move it to London...FIRE EVERYONE RIGHT NOW!!!!

Today (and almost every win) they are great but next loss it's the same ol crap as above...

Pick a side and quit flip flopping, great when we win, stupid no nothings when we lose and should be fired before the crowd clears the stadium...

Respect is earned. Games like this earn it.

I mentioned this in the game thread, but all the replay challenges seem intelligent now.

(10-22-2017, 11:44 PM)TJBender Wrote:
(10-22-2017, 11:41 PM)wrong_box Wrote: But, but, but,... the coaching staff are all holdovers from the Gus regime...They can't be good...The majority of this board was flat out pissed when this coaching staff was retained and screamed the Front Office had no clue how to run a NFL franchise, and Mr Khan was intentionally sabotaging this franchise so he could move it to London...FIRE EVERYONE RIGHT NOW!!!!

Respect is earned. Games like this earn it.

and you will flip flop on the next loss...so they are only good when they win and they suck when we lose...Gotcha

Bortles could have thrown for 700 yards and 6 TDs, and 0 int's with a 159 rating and go 27 of 29 and beat the Colts 62-0...but I know just like everyone else, except 2 people, that we need a better QB.

However I get the point you're trying to make.

(This post was last modified: 10-23-2017, 12:06 AM by wrong_box.)

(10-23-2017, 12:00 AM)JagFanatic24 Wrote: Bortles could have thrown for 700 yards and 6 TDs, and 0 int's with a 159 rating and go 27 of 29 and beat the Colts 62-0...but I know just like everyone else, except 2 people, that we need a better QB.

However I get the point you're trying to make.

at least there is very little flip flopping on Bortles...Most of the board agree we need a better QB no matter win or lose rather than only when we lose

I think the players have also gained a taste for winning. They also seem to come out on fire after a tough loss

I am not so sure at this point since the Jags got far more better players this year. The three losses are difficult to explain. The Rams are much better than they are thought of. Maybe it is still early and the Jags need more time. I will wait until the season ends to see how well the coaching staff is going to be.