Create Account

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
Pro Bowlers?

(10-23-2017, 08:18 AM)David4499 Wrote:
(10-23-2017, 01:02 AM)Teal Curtain Wrote: The players that have the heights percentage of making it are Fournette and Campbell.

Players that will be snubbed are Ramsey, Gipson, Telvin, Ngakoue.

"highest"  wow... some people... I'm amazed 3 year olds have access to this site.

Wow, clearly a drunken typo.

But thanks for pointing it out "Internet Professor."

Please feel free to post something useful.

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

The only guys on our team I view as legit pro bowlers are Campbell, Ramsey, and Fournette. Of those, I think Ramsey and Campbell are the only ones with a shot.

(10-23-2017, 11:34 AM)maheo30 Wrote: The only guys on our team I view as legit pro bowlers are Campbell, Ramsey, and Fournette. Of those, I think Ramsey and Campbell are the only ones with a shot.
Not Bouye? He's playing just as well as Ramsey.

(This post was last modified: 10-23-2017, 12:22 PM by J-Mizzal.)

(10-23-2017, 11:34 AM)maheo30 Wrote: The only guys on our team I view as legit pro bowlers are Campbell, Ramsey, and Fournette. Of those, I think Ramsey and Campbell are the only ones with a shot.

How does Fournette not have a shot? He is well known and is a top 5 in the NFL in rushing, in the AFC only Hunt and Bell are over him in rushing yards, the rest of the AFC RBs are not that great.
<B><FONT color=cyan>Jags this is your year</FONT></B>

(10-23-2017, 12:21 PM)J-Mizzal Wrote:

How does Fournette not have a shot? He is well known and is a top 5 in the NFL in rushing, in the AFC only Hunt and Bell are over him in rushing yards, the rest of the AFC RBs are not that great.

Yeah I didn't realize they take 3 from each conference. I thought it was 2 for some reason. He should be good.

If everything continues the way it has so far I think we get 3 this year. Campbell, Ramsey and Fournette. If Fournette's injury is more serious than we believe then his spot is in question.

I think we also have 3-4 alternates from the defense that may make it in if the team goes on a win streak and increases national attention.

(10-23-2017, 10:22 AM)WingerDinger Wrote:
(10-23-2017, 02:06 AM)Treestone Ice Wrote: I will eat my shoe if Jalen Ramsey gets snubbed. He's the best CB in the league on paper.

Edit: I'll let my shoe eat me if Calais gets snubbed.

Well we're talking about The Jags and you may end up being barefoot. Pro Bowl is still a joke..

Maybe so, but I'd rather be barefoot than hungry anyway. 

Jalen should be above getting snubbed because he's a Jaguar at this point. He's a household name in the NFL right now. He's Revis and Sherman combined, but more athletic than both. The guy is making the pro bowl this year, or the shoe goes down the hatch with some Tobasco.

Shoo in: Calais Campbell

Highly likely: Jalen Ramsey and Leonard Fournette

Have a shot with a few big games: Yannick Ngakoue, Dante Fowler, Telvin Smith, Myles Jack, AJ Bouye, and Tashaun Gipson

Ngakoue and Fowler need to finish with 14+ sacks to make it. Telvin Smith is respected and needs 4 or 5 more big games. Myles Jack is well-known and needs to pile up some more sacks and create some big turnovers. AJ Bouye is playing second fiddle undeservedly so he'll probably need to finish with 6 or more ints to make it. Tashuan Gipson is 2nd in the league in interceptions - he'll need to finish 1st.

(This post was last modified: 10-24-2017, 04:36 PM by JaguarsWoman.)

(10-23-2017, 07:22 AM)imtheblkranger Wrote: Telvin will never make it as an OLB simply because he's not a pass rushing LB. Those are the ones who get in at his position.

He should. He should have last year, but he won't.

Who made up a rule only pass-rushing OLBs can get in?

(10-23-2017, 12:36 PM)RealJagsFan Wrote:
(10-23-2017, 12:21 PM)J-Mizzal Wrote: How does Fournette not have a shot? He is well known and is a top 5 in the NFL in rushing, in the AFC only Hunt and Bell are over him in rushing yards, the rest of the AFC RBs are not that great.

Yeah I didn't realize they take 3 from each conference. I thought it was 2 for some reason. He should be good.

It depends on the position. Three RBs are selected. One FB is also chosen (which does not matter to us). Kareem Hunt and Le'Veon Bell are shoo-ins, so Leonard Fournette would be the third stringer or alternate.

(10-23-2017, 12:06 PM)Frailbones Wrote:
(10-23-2017, 11:34 AM)maheo30 Wrote: The only guys on our team I view as legit pro bowlers ...
Not Bouye? He's playing just as well as Ramsey.

Ehhh.  I don't see that.  There were two games in particular where Bouye gave a big play and a number of intermediate conversions.  Ramsey has had less of those moments on the season. 

Bouye's playing great, and I wouldn't be totally shocked if he played his way onto the ballot, but he has not impressed me as much as Ramsey. 

Just watch the closing speed difference between the two players when a receiver gets a step or two on them. 
One of them makes up that lost ground much quicker than the other, and it's not Bouye.

(10-24-2017, 04:41 PM)NYC4jags Wrote:
(10-23-2017, 12:06 PM)Frailbones Wrote: Not Bouye? He's playing just as well as Ramsey.

Ehhh.  I don't see that.  There were two games in particular where Bouye gave a big play and a number of intermediate conversions.  Ramsey has had less of those moments on the season. 

Bouye's playing great, and I wouldn't be totally shocked if he played his way onto the ballot, but he has not impressed me as much as Ramsey. 

Just watch the closing speed difference between the two players when a receiver gets a step or two on them. 
One of them makes up that lost ground much quicker than the other, and it's not Bouye.

A.J. Bouye will definitely be on the ballot. The way NFL analysts are talking about him this year, I would expect to hear he was snubbed if he does not get in.

(This post was last modified: 10-24-2017, 04:49 PM by Jagslover32.)

When it comes to Jags making the pro bowl I look at it as a tier system:
The first tier is Campbell, Ramsey, and Fournette. They should and probably all will get in.
The second tier is Telvin who could get in and should get in but might not (as people mentioned earlier it's hard for an off the ball OLB to make it, no 4-3 OLB has made it since Lance Briggs) but at the very least will be an alternate who could sneak in if people drop out (a lot of players drop out).
The last tier is Yannick, Fowler, Jackson, Jack, Robinson, Boyue, and Gipson. These are all players who need some more huge games to get in, but will probably be alternates who could sneak in when people drop out. Out of this tier I think Yannick, Boyue and Gipson are the most deserving.

"No 4-3 OLB since Lance Briggs" looks woefully inaccurate. I would count players who made the Pro Bowl as 4-3 OLBs before being switched to a 3-4 defense.

Derrick Brooks

The only bowl I want to see these guys in is the Super Bowl

(10-24-2017, 05:48 PM)DuvalJag Wrote: The only bowl I want to see these guys in is the Super Bowl

How about a SOUP bowl?

(10-24-2017, 05:49 PM)JaguarsWoman Wrote:
(10-24-2017, 05:48 PM)DuvalJag Wrote: The only bowl I want to see these guys in is the Super Bowl

How about a SOUP bowl?

I thought you couldn't make jokes or recognize jokes?

Hmmmmm.

[Image: ezgif-5-b2a80726c8.gif]