Create Account

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.

I know there have been plenty of posts about this man but I just wanna say how awesome it is to have someone come in and play his heart out and not turn into Hugh Douglas. I know he's not the first that's come here as a FA and put in effort but this man has had double digit sacks ZERO times in his career and already has eclipsed his career high of nine back in 2013. 

As much as he looks the best he's ever had, just goes to show how good the DBs/LB's and rest of the Dline for getting him there. 

33 sacks - 2nd place Pittsburgh 24 sacks. 

Is Sacksonville official yet?

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

For sure the Cards are missing him now. Also, Denver's front office is probably thinking they should have matched the Jags offer. He has been worth every penny so far.
Jaguars | Pacers | Purdue | Team USA

Agreed...and it is certainly a team effort, but he is for sure doing his part!

(10-24-2017, 08:16 AM)Tyler1Reformed Wrote: I know there have been plenty of posts about this man but I just wanna say how awesome it is to have someone come in and play his heart out and not turn into Hugh Douglas. I know he's not the first that's come here as a FA and put in effort but this man has had double digit sacks ZERO times in his career and already has eclipsed his career high of nine back in 2013. 

As much as he looks the best he's ever had, just goes to show how good the DBs/LB's and rest of the Dline for getting him there. 

Also you mention their are plenty of posts about #93. I am not sure there are enough! And I don't think there is anyone in here who is tired of talking about him haha.
Jaguars | Pacers | Purdue | Team USA

(10-24-2017, 08:44 AM)Browntrouser Wrote:
(10-24-2017, 08:16 AM)Tyler1Reformed Wrote: I know there have been plenty of posts about this man but I just wanna say how awesome it is to have someone come in and play his heart out and not turn into Hugh Douglas. I know he's not the first that's come here as a FA and put in effort but this man has had double digit sacks ZERO times in his career and already has eclipsed his career high of nine back in 2013. 

Also you mention their are plenty of posts about #93. I am not sure there are enough! And I don't think there is anyone in here who is tired of talking about him haha.

Ehh to be honest since the team is actually doing extremely well this year (should be freaking 5-2 or 6-1 damnit) and I'm at heart a huge stats guy I've been wanting to talk anything and everything stats. 

But seeing what Campbell is doing at his age is just absolutely insane. I personally think Ngawkoue is the best DL on the field, but Campbell is playing lights out. I just wish I could understand him when he talks lol

I think the happier the fan base gets the better he rolls.....its just a big happy circle.
"Stay tight, stay close. Great things are going to continue to happen for this football team."  - Doug Peterson

(10-24-2017, 11:08 AM)Mowerguy Wrote: I think the happier the fan base gets the better he rolls.....its just a big happy circle.

This is something I love about him. He genuinely seems to appear like he loves what he does and seems to want to make is about the fans.
[Image: 5S5POfa.jpg]

80% of what I talk about is nonesense.. the other 25% is made up statistics...

(10-24-2017, 11:28 AM)DarloJAG84 Wrote:
(10-24-2017, 11:08 AM)Mowerguy Wrote: I think the happier the fan base gets the better he rolls.....its just a big happy circle.

This is something I love about him. He genuinely seems to appear like he loves what he does and seems to want to make is about the fans.

+1

That guy looks like he wants to have fun, he wants to dominate, he wants to succeed. And thats exactly what this team has needed for a decade or so.
If you think I offended you, don't worry, I meant to. #facts 
  [Image: images?q=tbn:ANd9GcT-niWtlPRPNH5-2ykTqoe...WzIFU7AJaZ]
#iamlegend

"Sacksonville" has been official since Week 1. I don't know if we had even returned to Jacksonville yet when our Twitter handle was changed to that clever monkier. A fun fact stated during the Colts game broadcast was we are the first team since the 1985 Bears to have two 10-sack games in the same season. That confirms the nickname "Sacksonville" is legit in 2017 and beyond.

Last week I asked everyone if Calais Campbell will get 15 sacks this season. Vick Beasley led the NFL with 15.5 last year, so that seems like a realistic goal for Campbell. He already is two thirds of the way there at 10 sacks. At this rate, 20 sacks is conceivable.

When we retire #93, does Alualu get invited to the ceremony?

When you consider the fact that the only thing done to address the pass rush this off season was to sign him, it's impossible to deny just how huge an influence he has had on improving our entire line simply by leading through example.  The guy could have been another free agent signing that cost too much and returned little, but it's clear he wanted to prove his worth, and this defense is so much better because of his decision to come to Jacksonville.  It has raised the bar for the entire defense to have him here, and particularly since he has completely bought into what Tom and Doug have been preaching about their vision for this team.  He is the prime example of their vision in action.
Never argue with idiots. They drag you down to their level and beat you with experience.
[Image: attachment.php?aid=59]

(10-24-2017, 12:22 PM)HURRICANE!!! Wrote: When we retire #93, does Alualu get invited to the ceremony?

Only if he is pulling the tarp to unveil that bad man's name and number.
If you think I offended you, don't worry, I meant to. #facts 
  [Image: images?q=tbn:ANd9GcT-niWtlPRPNH5-2ykTqoe...WzIFU7AJaZ]
#iamlegend

(10-24-2017, 12:23 PM)FBT Wrote: When you consider the fact that the only thing done to address the pass rush this off season was to sign him, it's impossible to deny just how huge an influence he has had on improving our entire line simply by leading through example. The guy could have been another free agent signing that cost too much and returned little, but it's clear he wanted to prove his worth, and this defense is so much better because of his decision to come to Jacksonville. It has raised the bar for the entire defense to have him here, and particularly since he has completely bought into what Tom and Doug have been preaching about their vision for this team. He is the prime example of their vision in action.

During the offseason Calais Campbell said he chose the Jaguars instead of his hometown Broncos to be part of an upcoming playoff team - one that is on the cusp of ending a playoff drought. Interestingly, Robinson also said did not talk to anyone before signing the contract. It was a close call between Jacksonville and Denver. I am glad he chose Jacksonville and can see why the media labeled him the best UFA we added this year.

More recently, I read Campbell is a natural leader in the locker room and has a lead-by-example style, but teammates don't flock to him. I love this guy.

Calais Campbell and Bortles were on Jaguars All-Access last night (7pm show on tv). Calais stated that he's going to buy the secondary great Christmas gifts because they are the ones that are enabling the DL to get their sacks. Even if he was moderately joking, it was still nice & humble of him to acknowledge the secondary in the way that he did.

No sleight to what Campbell has shown, but the additions of Church and Bouye have been just as important to the pass rush.

The front office knew the pass rush had to be better... They made it better.
Signature goes here.

(10-24-2017, 11:28 AM)DarloJAG84 Wrote:

Yeah he acts like the fans deserve better and like he owes us something even though he wasn't even here as part of those losing teams.

(10-24-2017, 01:01 PM)TheBigDawg Wrote: No slight to what Campbell has shown, but the additions of Church and Bouye have been just as important to the pass rush.

The front office knew the pass rush had to be better... They made it better.

Barry Church is less important to the pass rush than A.J. Bouye. He is the safety we needed to replace Jonathan Cyprien, but not elite or exclusively responsible for pass defense. A.J. Bouye has exceeded my high expectations. As much as I wanted him in free agency, I had no idea he was going to be a shutdown CB.